A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Live - Camino Ingles Camino Ingles- accommodations

nedelson

Camino(s) past & future
Frances x2; Portugues, Costa da Morte, Ingles
I’m in Santiago de Compostela now and I am heading to Ferrol tomorrow to walk the Camino Ingles. Does anyone have current info re whether the xunta albergues or other accommodations are open?

nedelson

Camino(s) past & future
Frances x2; Portugues, Costa da Morte, Ingles
Thanks everyone - the gronze link was very helpful. After reading the below post on the site from Sara Novo from 2 weeks ago - I’ve decided instead to walk costa da morte a second time. I’m copying her post here- I’m sure Ingles would be fine and lovely for those who aren’t walking alone -given the incident she describes seems to be recent and ongoing I’ll give it a miss this year :) copying it below FYI
Hola a todos!
Justo terminé ayer y solo quería recordaros que extreméis las precauciones. Por desgracia hay una banda que se dedica al robo en albergues y ahora está por esta zona. Entran de noche por lo que es importantísimo que se cierren los albergues por dentro. Desconfiad de una mujer rubia que va con una furgoneta azul. Esta denunciada bastantes veces pero la ley no puede hacer más. Es una pena llevarse este mal recuerdo a casa así que vamos a ponérselo difícil.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
Additionally, these were early morning robberies at albergues, on many routes, not just the Inglés. They didn’t happen out on the road, so really nothing to do with walking alone or with others.

Buen camino to you on the Costa da Morte!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
SRutledge Camino Ingles 6
Theresa Brandon Camino Ingles 42
H Camino Ingles 20
P Camino Ingles 28
A Camino Ingles 16

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%