• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles / Celtic Camino to Santiago

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi all
I arrived back to Dublin after a short walk through Galicia.
We started out in Ferrol and walked to Betanzos. Those few days were quiet with rolling hills and scattered showers. I enjoyed the walk out of Ferrol. The following day, we travelled back to A Coruna and continued on the Celtic Camino (having completed 25km in Ireland).
The walk out of A Coruna is a little confusing but the city itself is magnificent. Do try and visit Breogan and the Tower of Hercules.
We broke the first stage in two, staying in the municipal albergue in Sergude. It is brand new! Moving on, the climb to Hospital de Bruma is gradual but is worthwhile. The sun was out every single day from A Coruna to Santiago. Staying in the municipal albergue in Bruma is a must as you get to meet some great people, especially if you have been walking solo for a day.
We arrived in Santiago on the 14th of May meeting with @nidarosa in the Praza da Obradoiro, with lots of fun and tapas and laughter.

Thank you to @natefaith for taking time to meet us. It's such a thrill to see you every time I visit Santiago.
Also @t2andreo, it was a pleasure to talk to you briefly in the Pilgrim Office.
It's always nice to try out a new Camino route. I go back in September to walk from Lisbon for 10 days and I am very much looking forward to that.
Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you (and Ray) for meeting me when I arrived - that's the first time anyone has actually been waiting for me at Obradoiro, so for once it wasn't just a huge anticlimax coming into the square and be 'there'! Good times were had, what with the claras and tapas and @natefaith and @t2andreo and first time pilgrim Karen and Santiago itself for that matter. Thinking of doing the Celtic camino next, maybe also including the Muxía circuit, seems like a good length of a walk and all in Galicia (read: seafood and albariño). Enjoy planning the next one!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Cathedral of Santiago has agreed to grant a Compostela to pilgrims who complete the 75km Camino Ingles route from A Coruña to Santiago, as long as they have already completed a certified 25km pilgrimage in their country of origin.

Camino Society Ireland CLG (“The Society”) has undertaken the task of defining authentic pilgrim routes within Ireland. The Society has named the 25km walked in Ireland with the 75k walked from A Coruna, the “Celtic Camino”.
See link below for their webpage

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Cathedral of Santiago has agreed to grant a Compostela to pilgrims who complete the 75km Camino Ingles route from A Coruña to Santiago, as long as they have already completed a certified 25km pilgrimage in their country of origin.

Camino Society Ireland CLG (“The Society”) has undertaken the task of defining authentic pilgrim routes within Ireland. The Society has named the 25km walked in Ireland with the 75k walked from A Coruna, the “Celtic Camino”.

and this is what the Celtic Compostela looks like...

Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 00.22.34.png

Hi all
I arrived back to Dublin after a short walk through Galicia.
We started out in Ferrol and walked to Betanzos. Those few days were quiet with rolling hills and scattered showers. I enjoyed the walk out of Ferrol. The following day, we travelled back to A Coruna and continued on the Celtic Camino (having completed 25km in Ireland).
The walk out of A Coruna is a little confusing but the city itself is magnificent. Do try and visit Breogan and the Tower of Hercules.
We broke the first stage in two, staying in the municipal albergue in Sergude. It is brand new! Moving on, the climb to Hospital de Bruma is gradual but is worthwhile. The sun was out every single day from A Coruna to Santiago. Staying in the municipal albergue in Bruma is a must as you get to meet some great people, especially if you have been walking solo for a day.
We arrived in Santiago on the 14th of May meeting with @nidarosa in the Praza da Obradoiro, with lots of fun and tapas and laughter.

Thank you to @natefaith for taking time to meet us. It's such a thrill to see you every time I visit Santiago.
Also @t2andreo, it was a pleasure to talk to you briefly in the Pilgrim Office.
It's always nice to try out a new Camino route. I go back in September to walk from Lisbon for 10 days and I am very much looking forward to that.
Buen Camino!
Buen Camino and thanks for your report. Must have been awesome to be there. All the best for September

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thanks is this just for walking or can you get it from cycling please thank you. Buen Camino

Im from Australia

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A good question. I suspect it is for walking. You need to cycle 200km to be awarded a Compostela, to the best of my knowledge.

A good question. I suspect it is for walking. You need to cycle 200km to be awarded a Compostela, to the best of my knowledge.
Yes I agree with you mate. I know for the way of st James and Portuguese you do. I'm planning all 3 but only half of the Portuguese. 1600kms or 1000 miles in 10 weeks. Hopefully next year I can do this. In training now 😀

Thanks is this just for walking or can you get it from cycling please thank you. Buen Camino
As Kirkie has already said, I don't think that it would qualify due to the 200km distance criteria. I would contact the Celtic Camino people, maybe there are other routes within Ireland that would make up the other 100km.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.