Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Camino Ingles Completed, July 11, 21

Year of past OR future Camino
Fellow Pilgrims,
A few weeks back, I posted a question about whether my daughter and I should walk the Camino Norte. A member suggested the Camino Ingles as it is shorter and gives the satisfaction of completing a walk from start to finish. We decided to try it and I could not be happier with the decision. We flew into Madrid and took the train to A Coruna and the bus to Ferrol. It was a beautiful walk. Given that we were not very fit, we did it in 9 days, walking 3.5 to 5.5 hours a day. At first, we could not book albergues, but I realized it was probably more COVID safe to stay in places that offered a private room for the 2 of us. This did make the walk more expensive than other walks. We met few pilgrims on the trail and most were Spaniards which added to our experience as it was not crowded and we could practice the language. It was the experience of a lifetime. If you are considering this walk, I highly recommend it. I want to thank those that responded to my previous post. It helped us make the decision that was right for us. Buen Camino those planning their next walk! Theresa

Attachments

• image_6487327 (4).JPG
    image_6487327 (4).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • image_6483441 (3).JPG
    image_6483441 (3).JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image_6483441 (2).JPG
    image_6483441 (2).JPG
    851.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image_6483441 (1).JPG
    image_6483441 (1).JPG
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image_6487327 (3).JPG
    image_6487327 (3).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • image_6483441.JPG
    image_6483441.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image_6487327 (2).JPG
    image_6487327 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Great post. It was a good choice of route - just don’t tell everyone! Much more authentic Galicia than the increasingly over-developed Sarria to Santiago.

It would be useful if you could set out your overnight stops.

When I walked the ingles a few years ago I think it took me nearly 5 days and the overnights were pretty much those which were available.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Great post. It was a good choice of route - just don’t tell everyone! Much more authentic Galicia than the increasingly over-developed Sarria to Santiago.

It would be useful if you could set out your overnight stops.

When I walked the ingles a few years ago I think it took me nearly 5 days and the overnights were pretty much those which were available.
I will send the places where we stayed!

Fellow Pilgrims,
A few weeks back, I posted a question about whether my daughter and I should walk the Camino Norte. A member suggested the Camino Ingles as it is shorter and gives the satisfaction of completing a walk from start to finish. We decided to try it and I could not be happier with the decision. We flew into Madrid and took the train to A Coruna and the bus to Ferrol. It was a beautiful walk. Given that we were not very fit, we did it in 9 days, walking 3.5 to 5.5 hours a day. At first, we could not book albergues, but I realized it was probably more COVID safe to stay in places that offered a private room for the 2 of us. This did make the walk more expensive than other walks. We met few pilgrims on the trail and most were Spaniards which added to our experience as it was not crowded and we could practice the language. It was the experience of a lifetime. If you are considering this walk, I highly recommend it. I want to thank those that responded to my previous post. It helped us make the decision that was right for us. Buen Camino those planning their next walk! Theresa
Ithaca! I have never met anyone from that famous place! You are lucky to have had time and opportunity to stretch the days for the Ingles, even if it did work out more costly. Love your photos, especially the final one!

Ithaca! I have never met anyone from that famous place! You are lucky to have had time and opportunity to stretch the days for the Ingles, even if it did work out more costly. Love your photos, especially the final one!
Thanks. It's so easy to take beautiful pictures when there is so much beauty to behold. Thanks for your comments!

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

manoll

Peregrina 2013
Fellow Pilgrims,

Congratulations on completing the Camino Inglés with your daughter! I look forward to seeing your itinerary because I'll be walking this route next April with my friends; having shorter days give us leisurely afternoons with time to enjoy the local cuisine and to explore the area! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos:)

Fellow Pilgrims,
Thanks for the post. I loved your photos. I'm excited to start my Camino Ingles this August! I'm glad you and your daughter did it together. Next year and God willing I will start the French Way with one or both of my daughters. Do you have any words to the wise?

Camino Bear

Camino Ingles August 2016
Camino Frances June 2017 (SJPP to Logrono)
I'm so glad you chose the Ingles! I walked it with my husband in 2016 and we had plans to walk it with our 1 year old in 2020 (but alas, a pandemic). We hope to return next year! I'd love to know how you broke up the stages! If you're willing to share ☺️

n.white51

Fellow Pilgrims,
Hi, Really glad you enjoyed your Camino. Its exactly 10 years to today 24July that my wife and I finished our Camino Ingles we arrive just in time for the Feast of St James. We had a wonderful time and like yourselves took 9 days not rushing and really enjoying the countryside and the tranquility of the Ingles. We are so pleased we did our Camino, love to do one again but our legs and hips say no, so we just enjoy reading the posts here and watching the videos we took when walking. We would always recommend the Ingles.

best wishes
Neil White

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads