• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Completed, July 11, 2021

t1souchet

Time of past OR future Camino
Fellow Pilgrims,
A few weeks back, I posted a question about whether my daughter and I should walk the Camino Norte. A member suggested the Camino Ingles as it is shorter and gives the satisfaction of completing a walk from start to finish. We decided to try it and I could not be happier with the decision. We flew into Madrid and took the train to A Coruna and the bus to Ferrol. It was a beautiful walk. Given that we were not very fit, we did it in 9 days, walking 3.5 to 5.5 hours a day. At first, we could not book albergues, but I realized it was probably more COVID safe to stay in places that offered a private room for the 2 of us. This did make the walk more expensive than other walks. We met few pilgrims on the trail and most were Spaniards which added to our experience as it was not crowded and we could practice the language. It was the experience of a lifetime. If you are considering this walk, I highly recommend it. I want to thank those that responded to my previous post. It helped us make the decision that was right for us. Buen Camino those planning their next walk! Theresa

Attachments

• image_6487327 (4).JPG
    image_6487327 (4).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • image_6483441 (3).JPG
    image_6483441 (3).JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image_6483441 (2).JPG
    image_6483441 (2).JPG
    851.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image_6483441 (1).JPG
    image_6483441 (1).JPG
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image_6487327 (3).JPG
    image_6487327 (3).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • image_6483441.JPG
    image_6483441.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image_6487327 (2).JPG
    image_6487327 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great post. It was a good choice of route - just don’t tell everyone! Much more authentic Galicia than the increasingly over-developed Sarria to Santiago.

It would be useful if you could set out your overnight stops.

When I walked the ingles a few years ago I think it took me nearly 5 days and the overnights were pretty much those which were available.

Great post. It was a good choice of route - just don’t tell everyone! Much more authentic Galicia than the increasingly over-developed Sarria to Santiago.

It would be useful if you could set out your overnight stops.

When I walked the ingles a few years ago I think it took me nearly 5 days and the overnights were pretty much those which were available.
I will send the places where we stayed!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Fellow Pilgrims,
A few weeks back, I posted a question about whether my daughter and I should walk the Camino Norte. A member suggested the Camino Ingles as it is shorter and gives the satisfaction of completing a walk from start to finish. We decided to try it and I could not be happier with the decision. We flew into Madrid and took the train to A Coruna and the bus to Ferrol. It was a beautiful walk. Given that we were not very fit, we did it in 9 days, walking 3.5 to 5.5 hours a day. At first, we could not book albergues, but I realized it was probably more COVID safe to stay in places that offered a private room for the 2 of us. This did make the walk more expensive than other walks. We met few pilgrims on the trail and most were Spaniards which added to our experience as it was not crowded and we could practice the language. It was the experience of a lifetime. If you are considering this walk, I highly recommend it. I want to thank those that responded to my previous post. It helped us make the decision that was right for us. Buen Camino those planning their next walk! Theresa
Ithaca! I have never met anyone from that famous place! You are lucky to have had time and opportunity to stretch the days for the Ingles, even if it did work out more costly. Love your photos, especially the final one!

Ithaca! I have never met anyone from that famous place! You are lucky to have had time and opportunity to stretch the days for the Ingles, even if it did work out more costly. Love your photos, especially the final one!
Thanks. It's so easy to take beautiful pictures when there is so much beauty to behold. Thanks for your comments!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fellow Pilgrims,

Congratulations on completing the Camino Inglés with your daughter! I look forward to seeing your itinerary because I'll be walking this route next April with my friends; having shorter days give us leisurely afternoons with time to enjoy the local cuisine and to explore the area! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos:)

Fellow Pilgrims,
Thanks for the post. I loved your photos. I'm excited to start my Camino Ingles this August! I'm glad you and your daughter did it together. Next year and God willing I will start the French Way with one or both of my daughters. Do you have any words to the wise?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am thinking about doing the Ingles in September or October... I can only manage a short trip and really want to get on the Camino path again.

I'm so glad you chose the Ingles! I walked it with my husband in 2016 and we had plans to walk it with our 1 year old in 2020 (but alas, a pandemic). We hope to return next year! I'd love to know how you broke up the stages! If you're willing to share ☺️

Fellow Pilgrims,
Hi, Really glad you enjoyed your Camino. Its exactly 10 years to today 24July that my wife and I finished our Camino Ingles we arrive just in time for the Feast of St James. We had a wonderful time and like yourselves took 9 days not rushing and really enjoying the countryside and the tranquility of the Ingles. We are so pleased we did our Camino, love to do one again but our legs and hips say no, so we just enjoy reading the posts here and watching the videos we took when walking. We would always recommend the Ingles.

best wishes
Neil White

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for the post. I loved your photos. I'm excited to start my Camino Ingles this August! I'm glad you and your daughter did it together. Next year and God willing I will start the French Way with one or both of my daughters. Do you have any words to the wise?
You must have finished the trail by now. How did it go?

I'm so glad you chose the Ingles! I walked it with my husband in 2016 and we had plans to walk it with our 1 year old in 2020 (but alas, a pandemic). We hope to return next year! I'd love to know how you broke up the stages! If you're willing to share ☺️
Hi,

Here is what we walked. All the best!

Day 0: Ferrol
Place: Choyo 2 Hostel (+34981948908), Host is wonderful
Day 1 (first stop): Xubia
Place: Kennsington Hotel (+34981387326)
Day 2&3: Pontedeume
Place: Luis Boarding House (+34981430235); Beautiful town, we stayed for 2 nights due to blisters. Luis and his family (owners) were very accommodating.
Day 4: Mino
Place: La Terraza Hotel (+34657629292); luxurious for a pilgrim, but no regrets!
Day 5: Betanzos
Place: Hospedaje Betanzos (+34669191387); This was an apartment that was being used as a pilgrim hostel. It was not terrible, but I think there are nicer places to stay. Betanzos is your last big city before the end of the walk.
Day 6: 3 or so Kilometers from Cos or Presedo (don't remember!)
I am not positive where we stayed. We had a hard time finding a place for this portion. Wherever we stayed, we ended up taking a taxi because it was off the trail. I believe the owner was Manolo. We learned about this place on the trail. It was very clean and well kept, sorry I can't be of more help. I can't even find it in my notes.
Day 7: Hospital de Bruma
Place: O Novo Boarding House (+34981692776)
This was also slightly off the trail, but an easy walk. The place was clean and very accommodating.
Day 8: O Outeiro (Poulo)
Place: Anton Veiras House (+34981682303); This place was wonderful. It's a 300-year old property right on the trail. The food was exceptional. The accommodation was reasonable, but the food was a bit pricey. It was worth it for us.
Day 9: Santiago
Place: Minor Seminary Hostel (+34881031768)
This is bare-bones accommodation, like an albergue. Very affordable. Magnificient structure with a wonderful view of the old city.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Really glad you enjoyed your Camino. Its exactly 10 years to today 24July that my wife and I finished our Camino Ingles we arrive just in time for the Feast of St James. We had a wonderful time and like yourselves took 9 days not rushing and really enjoying the countryside and the tranquility of the Ingles. We are so pleased we did our Camino, love to do one again but our legs and hips say no, so we just enjoy reading the posts here and watching the videos we took when walking. We would always recommend the Ingles.

best wishes
Neil White
It was wonderful. A lasting and beautiful memory.

Congratulations on completing the Camino Inglés with your daughter! I look forward to seeing your itinerary because I'll be walking this route next April with my friends; having shorter days give us leisurely afternoons with time to enjoy the local cuisine and to explore the area! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos:)

I think I sent you my itinerary. Let me know if you did not receive it. I just wanted to mention that Gronze.com and the app "Buen Camino" are what I used to find places to stay and contact information. I know there are other apps as well. Buen Camino!

You must have finished the trail by now. How did it go?
I finished 2 days ago and I just left Santaigo this morning. It was wonderful! I met many great people and still had enough time to walk alone. I walk slow so I left early and met people as they passed.

Walking through the country side was my favorite part and having a shared picnic with other perigrinos was one of the highlights for me.

Attachments

• IMG-20210823-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210823-WA0011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20210824-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20210824-WA0012.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-20210824-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20210824-WA0010.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20210823-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210823-WA0007.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20210824-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20210824-WA0037.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20210822-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210822-WA0001.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 32
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I finished 2 days ago and I just left Santaigo this morning. It was wonderful! I met many great people and still had enough time to walk alone. I walk slow so I left early and met people as they passed.

Walking through the country side was my favorite part and having a shared picnic with other perigrinos was one of the highlights for me.
Wow. Lovely. Thanks for the photos and for bringing back memories. Makes me want to go again . . . Tomorrow. Congratulations

I think I sent you my itinerary. Let me know if you did not receive it. I just wanted to mention that Gronze.com and the app "Buen Camino" are what I used to find places to stay and contact information. I know there are other apps as well. Buen Camino!
Thanks for itinerary. Might incorporate it into mine.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Fellow Pilgrims,
Hi! I was wondering how you found the weather on the Camino de Ingles in July? I am planning on walking with my sisters, however concerned it'll be too hot at that time of year. Thanks!!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.