• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Group Walk in June, 2016 anyone?

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Hi,

I have been making arrangements for a group of ten people to walk the Camino Ingles from Ferrol in June this year over 6 days. Unfortunately, one of that group has had to drop out because of some unforeseen work commitments. The end result is that I have some room bookings along the route which are no longer needed. I can release these back to the hotels but before doing so thought I would ask if anybody on the forum is interested in walking the Ingles with a group during the period June 18th to 25th. The walk is split over 6 days and the group consists of 4 newcomers, 3 second timers and 2 Camino veterans, all UK based (but that is not a requirement!). Age range is from 29 through to 73.

I should make it clear that this group is not being run on a commercial basis. Upfront flights and transfer arrangements are at cost price and then individuals settle their own accommodation and food bills on the way, although the accommodation has been pre-booked.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a PM within the next few days and I can provide further details.

Thanks
Mig

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sounds like a great trip you've got planned! Hope you'll report back on the walk, it's always interesting to hear how the newcomers like the Camino, as well as insights from those who have traveled it before by comparison. I'll actually be in Coruna earlier in June, but heading home exactly two weeks before you guys begin. BUEN CAMINO!!

I´m planning to do the Camino Ingles in June, although thinking of earlier in the month because of the heat. What daily distances are you doing?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for your quick reply Miguel. I think 2 times 28k, especially back to back, might be a bit too much for me. Although I´ve done more than that on the Frances and VDLP I´d been going long enough to build up some stamina. Wish you and your group Buen Camino anyway.

Thank you. I hope that you have good, but not too hot weather in early June. The route from Ferrol, particularly as far as Betanzos is beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back