• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Guide Questions

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (16,'17,'18)
Finisterre/Muxia( '17, '18)
Portuguese Central & Coastal ('18)
Quick questions, Camino friends and Johnnie Walker.

1. I purchased the Kindle version of the latest "A Pilgrim Guide to The Camino Ingles" which is so helpful. I would like a paper copy of some of the pages, but the Kindle app won't let me print any pages. Is it possible? I would be happy to buy a hard copy if one is available, but didn't see the option.

2. Also will it be updated before September? Will I need to purchase a new updated copy? I'm planning to walk the Ingles solo around the second week of September and hope to have as much information as possible for routes, but also for accommodations and breaking stages in half, walking about 14 or fewer kms. daily.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. Buen Camino, Irene

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola - yes you can buy a paper copy here: www.csj.org.uk
There are some changes to the route currently underway and I'm going put to write these up in about 10 days. However the signage remains good. Email me please.
Thank you for your reply, Johnnie Walker. I look forward to seeing the changes on the route.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, Johnny Walker: I walked the Ingles in June 2017 and found the CSJ Guide very helpful...

Hola, #Sarita Louise. I'm glad to read that you walked in June. How was your journey? Did you walk with a partner or solo? I will be on my own and am excited and at the same time a little nervous. Did you walk the straight stages or break them up? I would like to carry my bag and walk shorter distances, so that is what I'm researching now. Last year I earned my Compostela walking on the Camino de Frances, but this route seems more challenging, as an unknown to me and a less traveled Camino. I'm also hoping to see some pilgrims along the way. Thanks for any advice or info you might be able to share. Buen Camino, Irene

Hola @Irenie - we used @JohnnieWalker 's guide to create our own stages, which worked well. First time we took 8 days, second time 9 days becasuse we stopped over in Betanzos to visit the churches and Pasatiempo park. We also broke the Betanzos-Bruma stage by stopping in Meson do Vento for 2 nights with the pick up suggested by the guide.
You can check out our stages for both in our blogs Return to the Camino and Camino 2015.
See links in my signature below.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola @Irenie - we used @JohnnieWalker 's guide to create our own stages, which worked well. First time we took 8 days, second time 9 days becasuse we stopped over in Betanzos to visit the churches and Pasatiempo park. We also broke the Betanzos-Bruma stage by stopping in Meson do Vento for 2 nights with the pick up suggested by the guide.
You can check out our stages for both in our blogs Return to the Camino and Camino 2015.
See links in my signature below.

Thank you, Tia Valeria. I definitely am getting closer to figuring out how to make shorter distances for this Camino, with your help and many other posts and replies. I also like the idea of staying more than one day to explore. I don't see your signature below, but think I can find your blogs.

Thank you, Tia Valeria. I definitely am getting closer to figuring out how to make shorter distances for this Camino, with your help and many other posts and replies. I also like the idea of staying more than one day to explore. I don't see your signature below, but think I can find your blogs.
It's very easy to plan short stages and staying in albergues all the way on the Ingles. I did that last summer because of an injury and enough time:
- Ferrol to Xubia ("Albergue de Neda", the town of Neda is approx 2km onward): 15,6 km
- Pontedeume: 16,1
- Mino: 11,1
- Betanzos: 11,9
- Presedo: 14,1
- Hospital de Bruma: 16,3
- Sigueiro: 24,8
- SdC: 17,3
(all distances are from official start in old harbor in Ferrol and then from albergue to albergue and finally to the Cathedral. Measured with wikiloc).

Useful and easy to navigate web page: https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's very easy to plan short stages and staying in albergues all the way on the Ingles. I did that last summer because of an injury and enough time:
- Ferrol to Xubia ("Albergue de Neda", the town of Neda is approx 2km onward): 15,6 km
- Pontedeume: 16,1
- Mino: 11,1
- Betanzos: 11,9
- Presedo: 14,1
- Hospital de Bruma: 16,3
- Sigueiro: 24,8
- SdC: 17,3
(all distances are from official start in old harbor in Ferrol and then from albergue to albergue and finally to the Cathedral. Measured with wikiloc).

Useful and easy to navigate web page: https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles

Buen Camino!

Wonderful! Thank you, @KinkyOne, for your suggested stages, @Tia Valeria, for your blog link, @JohnnieWalker and all who contributed to answering my questions. Your information about your own Caminos has moved my own Camino Inglés into reality. Now I can "plan" this journey with manageable Km days. There is still one day that I will work on splitting, if possible, to Sigueiro. I'm walking solo and hope to meet up with other pilgrims, but still maintain my own pace.

Last year I celebrated my 70th birthday summer on the Camino de Francés and this year, another birthday year on the Camino de Ingles. I hope! I will add my dates to the calendar when I figure out the starting dates.

I'm flying round trip from USA to Madrid on September 7 and have until September 27 for my Camino and exploring Spain. I'm thinking of spending two or three days in A Coruña and/or Ferrol before I begin and then if time, Seville or at least Toledo and Segovia, for a little cultural/historical research about Jews in Spain. So starting tentatively September 11. What an adventure.

I'm grateful for any and all suggestions about the Camino Inglés or places to easily visit, traveling bus or train, while I'm in Spain. Gracias. ¡Ultreia! Irene

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Irenie,

I will be a couple weeks behind you. I expect to start from Ferrol after spending a couple days in A Coruña starting on September 24th then fly from Santiago to Seville on October 6th.

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Irenie,

I will be a couple weeks behind you. I expect to start from Ferrol after spending a couple days in A Coruña starting on September 24th then fly from Santiago to Seville on October 6th.

Safe travels and Buen Camino!
@Mike Savage, I'll be with you in spirit, with this itinerary. Buen Camino and safe travels.

La Voz de Galicia has reported that a new albergue is in the works in Poulo, which would break up the distance to Sigueiro:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...s-obra-albergue-poulo/0003_201707S13C5994.htm

Thanks for the link, @mylifeonvacation. I read the article and it looks like it may be open for next year. But, Buscas and Poulo and Ordes are all on the itinerary for Johnnie Walker's guide, so I hope I will be able to find accommodation there. Sigh of relief after all this great sharing of information. Buen Camino, Irene

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
La Voz de Galicia has reported that a new albergue is in the works in Poulo, which would break up the distance to Sigueiro:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...s-obra-albergue-poulo/0003_201707S13C5994.htm
Poulo should be somewhere around this Casa Rural in a place called A Costa:
https://www.google.si/maps/place/Ca...659f6a06d!8m2!3d43.0775714!4d-8.3814847?hl=sl
And screen shot from my wikiloc track in the area:
https://prnt.sc/g1mem7
It should be one of the houses around there. I guess by next year we will have exact location :)

Yes, plenty of accommodations in the area. Johnnie's guide has all of the details!

Another option to divide the walk after Bruma is to get the number of a taxi in Siguerio and have them fetch you off the route when you are done for the day, and one can take you back the next day. It ends up being about one euro/km. If you will have a phone with Whatsapp it's extremely easy to share your location with someone with the click of a button.

We did a slow walk in 2014 and split up that portion by walking from Meson do Vento (Meson Novo) to Casa Dona Maria, then Dona Maria to Sigueiro. With a little planning you'll find what works for you! Buen Camino!

EDIT: I'm glad you mentioned Casa Rural Anton Veiras, Kinky ... I've read great things about it (particularly their restaurant) and it looks like a really nice place to break up the Bruma-Sigueiro stage! Of course, none of the private accommodations are priced like an albergue, but it's nice to have options!

I think I got the "mystery" about new albergue solved. Few meters along the Camino from CR Anton Veiras I took two photos of this beautiful abandoned house and I'm sure it's the one for the albergue. I took pics from the Camino and the photo in the article (http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...s-obra-albergue-poulo/0003_201707S13C5994.htm) was taken from the other side. Look at the upper first two windows from the left and doors in the middle below them - same situation on all photos :)
IMG_6493.JPG

The house is maybe 20 meters from the Camino. Perfect spot with restaurant very near.

IMG_6492.JPG

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, that's definitely the right house. Look again at my Wikiloc print screen: https://prnt.sc/g1mem7
This is the house you can see to the right of the CR.
I went through my diary and I wrote then that it is one of the most beautiful places for renovating an old house. And now the albergue :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola @Irenie - just to help with the blog links.
Return to the Camino http://returntothecamino.blogspot.co.uk/ - and use the archive to find the posts for April-May.
Camino 2015 http://walktocompostella2.blogspot.co.uk/ - and use the archive links for June and July.
Buen Camino

Here's an article from today's La Voz de Galicia talking about plans to build a new walking path from the new albergue in Poulo (the one that will be located right near the Casa Rural Anton Vieiras) to the town of Ordes, just 2.5km away.

The article further says that the rehabilitation of the new albergue is "very advanced", and that it will have 62 beds.

https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...lbergue-camino-ingles/0003_201809S12C6991.htm

Does anyone know if the new albergue has opened up yet, or when it will be?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.