• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles in 12-15k stages?

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Hello, I am planning for a group of 6 who prefer short daily distances and bed and breakfasts or hotels. Rather than the last bit of the Frances, am wondering about the Ingles. Is this feasible? Can anyone suggest a possible routing?
Thanks so much!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Remember there is always a taxi from a somewhere specific to accommodation and back to that point in the morning.
Naron (12k), Pontedueme (17k), Mino (10k), Betanzos (10k), restaurant Meson Museo near Presedo (12k) and get a taxi to/from somewhere nearby (a few only a few kilometres away - see booking.com?), Meson do Vento (18k), Casa Rural Anton Vieras (9k), Sigueiro (15k), Santiago (16k).
Hope this is helpful
Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello, I am planning for a group of 6 who prefer short daily distances and bed and breakfasts or hotels. Rather than the last bit of the Frances, am wondering about the Ingles. Is this feasible? Can anyone suggest a possible routing?
Thanks so much!

Cant help you as i walked it in 3 days i found it too boring

Seeing @Tia Valeria pop up, I remembered that they did a camino with shorter stages too that is perhaps more in line with what the OP is asking about.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/our-slow-camino-ingl%C3%A9s-may-2015.34739/
This post is a couple of years old but it's very detailed!
- The route has changed a bit so that Casa Julia is no longer on the route, but, the advice is still good and one could arrange a pickup from Presedo (Meson-Museo Xente No Camino) or the church in Leiro and still follow Tia's example to break up that stage.
- Also, Tia stayed in Ordes, but if I were walking again, I'd book in at Casa Rural Anton Veiras (near Ordes, but right on the Camino) ... the locals rave about the restaurant there and it looks very comfortable.

Here's another thread of interest where @KinkyOne lines out similar stages and Johnnie's guide is discussed: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-guide-questions.49601/

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
very slight variation on the good posts above

Xubia - Hotel Kensington - about 15km
Pontedeume - Pension Casa Apilladeira - about 14km
Mino - Hostal La Terraza - about 10km
Betanzos - Hotel Garellos - about 10km
Stage 5 is the difficult bit - as Al says above, the only midway point accommodation point en route is the Albergue at Presedo. This is small, but most pilgrims walk by it on the way to Hospital de Bruma, so you may have it to yourself, even though it has no private rooms. Either stay there - about 11km from Betanzos, or walk to restaurant Meson Museo nearby and catch a taxi back to Betanzos, thereby enabling you to walk with a day pack one day, or onto Pension Meson de Vento (and stay there 2 nights, if a walk to Buscas is too long).

taxi to Presedo, then walk to Buscas - Casa Rural Dona Maria - about 21km. You may be able to do this after breaking yourself in. If this is too long, when you get to Hospital de Bruma (12km) call a taxi to and stay in Pension Meson de Vento

Sigueiro - Alberge Camino Real (has private, reservable, rooms) - about 17km
Santiago - about 21km

Thanks for your suggestions, the organization looks a little daunting...
If you check on Gronze you will find that most places have at least one bookable option on booking.com. All our places, apart from Sigueiro Hostal were booked through 'booking'. In Sigueiro there are other bookable options or you can contact the Hostal through their own website. The only warning about using any booking site is to watch the terms and conditions regarding changes/cancellations very carefully as some have a charge for changes or several days notice needed.
The extra day in Betanzos allows for a rest day and time to see the many churches etc. All in our thread as given above and our Camino 2015 blog, posts for end of June and for July, as well as the earlier non-booked one for 2011.
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Note that the route has been considerably changed in the last year. The only guidebook / website that is up to date is Johnny Waker’s CSJ guide (the 2017 - 2018 edition), available throuh CSJ or as a Kindle book. Most notable change is the Betanzos - Bruma, stage, which is now considerably shorter with a much easier climb. That said, you can’t possibly get lost, since the route is well signed. In general, the route still goes through the same towns, so you can still use Gronze for planning accomodationss in your stopping points. As noted above, it’s not that hard to plan short stages, but you’ll still need to be creative (i.e. a taxi to take you somewhere) if you need to break up the Betanzos - Bruma stage, which is currently about 24 k, with a steady climb of about 6 k. Amazingly few pilgrims on this walk, so there’s no competition at all for hotels / pensions / b&b’s.

Although there are fewer pilgrims compared to other routes there are also fewer bed spaces, and greater distances between accommodation. So at times there is some 'competition' for beds and a group would be well advised IMO to book ahead.

I walked the Ingles, three years ago - cannot understand how anyone could find it boring - so much so that I intend to walk it again. Thanks for the updated advice.
If I was leading a group what do members consider to be the maximum number to obtain accommodation in hotels ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks so much!
FYI. This was not a great walk in my view. But I may have been spoiled with Primitivo, San Salvador etc. especially the walk out of Ferrol. Too much asphalt and city.

Brilliant idea. I walked both Fraces and Ingles earlier this and last month.
Would really recommend giving Sarria a swerve in favour of the Ingles

Just wanted to add that CR Dona Maria is a great place to eat and spend the night.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I vouch for Casa Rural Donamaria. Best meal of my entire camino when I stayed there. A home cooked meal, tasting like a home cooked meal, cooked at the time of my choice (meaning, I could eat before 8pm for once). There are washing machine facilities at the Casa Rural, and a lovely garden. Only 4 rooms though, so booking recommended, as there is not much nearby, if you turned up and they were fully booked. Only downside is none of the rooms have baths, if you are the kind of person whose legs are rejuvenated by a good soak in the evening.

Well worth the additional 1.5 hours flat walk from hospital de Bruma to reach, and it cuts the next stage to Sigueiro down by the same distance.

Last month I took 8 days (mainly because I hadn't done too much walking at home so wasn't overly fit):
I stayed in pre-booked hostales and hotels (some good, some bad, one awful)
I went "off-piste" To Costa de Egoa because I'd been recommend to stop there and it missed out the hill at Hospital de Bruma (the route was changed this Spring but I'd booked 6 months ago and didn't want to change plans)

Day 1 Ferrol to Fene 5 miles/8km (didn't see the point in walking around the bay past factories and dockyards so took the bridge)

Day 1 Fene to Pontedeume 8.5miles/14km (stopped just after Ponte so I didn't have the hill climb first thing in the morning)

Day 3 Pontedeume to Mino 6.5 miles/11km (revised route doesn't go near beach now)

Day 4 Mino to Betanzos 6.75 miles/11km

Day 5 Betanzos to Costa de Egoa 14.6 mile/23.5km

Day 6 Costa to Ordes 10.5 miles/16.8km (you'd need a GPS and route to get here - proprietor at Costa will take you up onto official Camino 5km away might be better to stick with the Official Route)

Day 7 Ordes to Sigueiro 10miles/16km (the route before Vilanova, suburb of Sigueiro, has been diverted alongside noisy motorway for nearly 5km - if I'd known that I would have stuck with original route running parallel along quiet country road)

Day 8 Sigueiro to SdC 10.3 miles/16.5km (Usual drag past industrial estate - good bar at Cafe Poligono - and on through suburbs - why are the entrances to SdC so awful?)

So I actually walked 111km - the granite marker I started from predicted 110!

I'm nearing 67, overweight and not particularly fit but managed it - worst part was the climb (I use the word advisably) out of Pontedeume but there are benches just before you reach the top (Mason Paz shortly afterwards - lovely food but that's it).

As pointed out above there are few (2?) bars between major stops and, unlike the CF where they are used to pilgrims and cater for them, in some towns it was hard to find a restaurant where you could eat before 8.30/9.00.

PM me if you want.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! Im walking the Camino Ingles starting from Ferrol on the 8th May, arriving in SdC on the 14th (and staying til the 17th :) ) Ive not walked a camino before, nor have I ever really done any...
Hi! would arrive by train from Madrid at 23:22 at Ferrol station and from there heading to the parador ferrol (solo female traveler). Is taxi widely available? should i arrange the parador to send...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back