• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles in 3 Days

Pelegrinus13

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2018
Hello and thank you to everyone posting helpful information.

I know it is not ideal, but we have decided to do the Camino Ingles for 3 days starting Sept. 1 to 3. The plan to is to hike to Mino the first day, onwards to Bruma the next day, then to Santiago de Compostela.

To “save time”, I plan to memorize routes, markers, etc. so we can spend less time figuring out the route. We also plan to have an early start (6am) and maybe rest during the hottest part of the day or atleast have enough time to linger in interesting areas. We plan to hit each destination for the day by 5 or 6pm latest.

Any tips for this plan? Should I reconsider the stops for each day? During the day, what are ideal resting points?

From what I gather on the trail, hiking sandals and trail shoes seem to be the ideal footwear?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3 x 40km days, do-able for the very fit, the trail hardened or the determined. Beware of 6am starts though. Sunrise in Spain in September is around 8am, you will need to have memorised the route or be wary in the dark of missing a marker.

There are Albergues in Mino and Hospital de Bruma, and alternative accommodations in both www.gronze.com may help you plan lunch breaks

Agree. Really well marked. I saw a crew on the Portuguese Route putting the markers. They are doing a great job!

The way is very well marked with mojones. Sometimes the older arrows and the mojones are pointing in different directions, as the way has recently been re-routed in places and re-marked.
Follow the mojones.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 21
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We just finished the Ingles in June.
The places and the local people were amazing, something you might miss if you try for 3 days.
On a practical note; please plan to take plenty of nutrition and water with you.
Bars etc are infrequent.
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We just finished the Ingles in June.
The places and the local people were amazing, something you might miss if you try for 3 days.
On a practical note; please plan to take plenty of nutrition and water with you.
Bars etc are infrequent.
Buen Camino

I treked Camino Inngles in 3 days including travel by bus from dantiago 1st day. I just finished Norte from Irun via Primito and 40 km day easy. Also cut across tailway bridge to Neda saving 10 to 15 km buen camino

curious, what time are you arriving in Ferrol the day before? asking, because since I got there at 3pm I kind of wished I had Walked to Neda, effectively doing it on 3.5 days.

Really long days and you will need to be very fit to walk 40km for 3 days solid.

I would, at a minimum either walk to Neda on the afternoon / evening you arrive, walking across the railway bridge if this is now open, and then walking from Neda to Betanzos on day 1 (the hill out of Pontedeume is a killer and I would not want to do this at the end of a day, especially, if you are then walking onto Mino.

Day 2, you can walk from Betanzos, either to Hospital de Bruma, or better still, further to A Rua (Casa Rural Donamaria), and Day 3 to Santiago.

or, take the short cut across the N-651 bridge to Fene, which cuts a good 10km off the first stage if you are walking all the way to Mino.

there aren't that many resting stops on the Ingles and you can easily walk up to an hour before finding one, so stocking up on water / provisions (the night before, as the shops open late) is essential, if you are walking such long distances.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome to the Forum @Pelegrinus13. If three days of 40kms each seems too much, you also could consider walking from La Coruña. That would be about 74km total, and spread out over 3 days it would be a more enjoyable pace. Buen Camino!
We thought about this too but decided we don't want to miss the view from Ferrol.

If you arrive Santiago airport at 5pm, you will struggle to be in Ferrol by 8pm. Too late to walk to Neda. However, do walk the Ingles from the harbour to your hotel that evening, as that saves 30 minutes or so the next morning if you have a long stage. The tourist offices will be closed when you arrive, and early morning, for stamps, but your hotel should give you one as evidence of starting he Ingles in Ferrol. Also, stack up on supplies from the supermarket at El Corte Ingles on the main shopping street in Ferrol, which is open till 10pm Monday to Saturday, as this will not be open when you start early in the morning.

Take the N-651 bridge shortcut from Ferrol to Fene, and if you leave early and are really fit, if you are going for a 3 day camino, you may make Betanzos, but it is a 40 km walk.

The alternative is to walk to Mino on the first day, where there is an alberge and private accommodation. This is 10km shorter than a walk to Betanzos.

2nd day - Mino to Hospital de Bruma at 37km
3rd day - Hospital de Bruma to Santiago at 40km.

If you only have 3 days and can do that, you deserve your compostela at the end of it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola! Happy to report we made it! A few blisters on my feet that have yet to pop but otherwise good and very happy :) my husband did not know what he signed up for but it was a great experience. Oh and we didn’t make it to destinations until close to 8pm or past it. We also ended up shipping our bags from Bruma to SQC.

Thank you all for the help. We also ended up taking shortcut to Fene.

We arrived in Santiago late (close to 9pm) and found the office close after we savored in arriving. We have a 9:25 am flight and the office doesn’t open until 8am. Is there a way to mail our credencial? I know this isn’t the most important part but would be great to have it “official” :)

You don't need a credential to make it official, the blisters on your feet are testimony enough.

Hope you find the time to make a longer trip back to the Camino in future.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola! Happy to report we made it! A few blisters on my feet that have yet to pop but otherwise good and very happy :) my husband did not know what he signed up for but it was a great experience. Oh and we didn’t make it to destinations until close to 8pm or past it. We also ended up shipping our bags from Bruma to SQC.

Thank you all for the help. We also ended up taking shortcut to Fene.

We arrived in Santiago late (close to 9pm) and found the office close after we savored in arriving. We have a 9:25 am flight and the office doesn’t open until 8am. Is there a way to mail our credencial? I know this isn’t the most important part but would be great to have it “official” :)

Glad you made it ok! Thought you were nuts by the way!

Buen (next) Camino
Davey

How far did you walk the first day (Betanzos or Mino)?

Love the sentence: ".... my husband did not know what he signed up for ....."

..................... doing a Camino that most people do in about 6 days, in 3 days ........ each day being 40km or so.!!

Astonishing effort! Even though the Pilgrims office is not open for issuing compostella's, you have your credencial, with all the stamps to prove the journey, and the memories.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
How far did you walk the first day (Betanzos or Mino)?

Love the sentence: ".... my husband did not know what he signed up for ....."

..................... doing a Camino that most people do in about 6 days, in 3 days ........ each day being 40km or so.!!

Astonishing effort! Even though the Pilgrims office is not open for issuing compostella's, you have your credencial, with all the stamps to prove the journey, and the memories.
We stopped in Mino the first day. First day wasn’t bad since our bodies were fresh. The last day was def a struggle with the feet. Good thing we shipped our backpacks then. Don’t think we would have made it.

3 days and carried my backpack and travelled 1st day santiago to Ferrol but i cheated as i crossed railway bridge and finished last at Airport for flight me

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, I completed the Ingles in February 18 in a comfortable 4 days. I had planned to do it over 5 days but due to a Champion snorer from Italy in the albergue's I decided to push on from Bruma to Santiago. I've read someone who completed it in 2 days but for me that's bonkers. I enjoy the Camino's and visiting the sites where you stop is, for me, part of it. However, I realise that time constraints dictate some pilgrims schedules. Congrats on your pilgrimage all the same.

If you arrive Santiago airport at 5pm, you will struggle to be in Ferrol by 8pm. Too late to walk to Neda. However, do walk the Ingles from the harbour to your hotel that evening, as that saves 30 minutes or so the next morning if you have a long stage. The tourist offices will be closed when you arrive, and early morning, for stamps, but your hotel should give you one as evidence of starting he Ingles in Ferrol. Also, stack up on supplies from the supermarket at El Corte Ingles on the main shopping street in Ferrol, which is open till 10pm Monday to Saturday, as this will not be open when you start early in the morning.

Take the N-651 bridge shortcut from Ferrol to Fene, and if you leave early and are really fit, if you are going for a 3 day camino, you may make Betanzos, but it is a 40 km walk.

The alternative is to walk to Mino on the first day, where there is an alberge and private accommodation. This is 10km shorter than a walk to Betanzos.

2nd day - Mino to Hospital de Bruma at 37km
3rd day - Hospital de Bruma to Santiago at 40km.

If you only have 3 days and can do that, you deserve your compostela at the end of it.
Hi ,I got to Santiago on the 14 ,
In 6 days from Ferrol.. carrying a heavy backpack and got correos to transfer from Sigueiro to Santiago..
You are fantastic to do it in 3 days...
May I ask what motivated you in do it in such a short time??
Sorry for asking just to me the time on the camino brings a lot of reflection and spiritual growth..
Maybe is just me??
Well done anyway!!!
I a now enjoying a nice cafe con leche listening to the cathedral bells for 12 o'clock mass..and debating if to continue to Finisterre.
Buen camino

Hi, I completed the Ingles in February 18 in a comfortable 4 days. I had planned to do it over 5 days but due to a Champion snorer from Italy in the albergue's I decided to push on from Bruma to Santiago. I've read someone who completed it in 2 days but for me that's bonkers. I enjoy the Camino's and visiting the sites where you stop is, for me, part of it. However, I realise that time constraints dictate some pilgrims schedules. Congrats on your pilgrimage all the same.
Lol on champion snorer

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi ,I got to Santiago on the 14 ,
In 6 days from Ferrol.. carrying a heavy backpack and got correos to transfer from Sigueiro to Santiago..
You are fantastic to do it in 3 days...
May I ask what motivated you in do it in such a short time??
Sorry for asking just to me the time on the camino brings a lot of reflection and spiritual growth..
Maybe is just me??
Well done anyway!!!
I a now enjoying a nice cafe con leche listening to the cathedral bells for 12 o'clock mass..and debating if to continue to Finisterre.
Buen camino
Thanks. It’s really just the limited time and I wanted to do it now since I’ve been pushing it off for awhile for various reasons. Hope to do a longer slower on end again :)

Buen camino Peregrino!

Is the weather in Febr. cold/snowy??

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No, it was cold early morning ranging between -1 and 1 to 2 degrees I'd say, but no snow. I'd say on the Ingles that's unlikely, not unheard of though. You'll most likely get snow in Galicia if your in or around Ourense. When I did mind this year I never used a jacket until the last day when it rained.

From what I’ve seen over the last several years on social media, even getting snow flurries from Bruma to Santiago is kind of rare. North of that (between Ferrol - Bruma) would be even more rare. Rain is much more likely.

Would you mind telling me your itinerary for the 4 days? Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Would you mind telling me your itinerary for the 4 days? Thanks!

Amber,

My stages had been:-

1 - Ferrol to Pontedeume.
2 - Pontedeume to Betanzos.
3 - Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma.
4 - Hospital de Bruma to S de C.

The last stage was just under 41km but as I've said I was desperate to get away from my snoring companion! After S de C I carried on and completed the extension to Muxia and Finisterra, so I just added in an extra night instead of a longer planned stage on this section.

Hope it helps. Have a good trip.

It's good to see that my plan to walk the Ingles in February 2020 is not so crazy. Did you get to meet other pilgrims on the way (aside from the champion snorer)? I am planning to do it in 5 days - really 5 1/5 with half a day when I arrive in Ferrol.

Hi, no apart from this gentlemen I was on my own and walked on my own. I like it that way. I did my walk in February as well and there was only two of us when I did my Camino. It just depends when you walk if there are others or not, luck of the draw really. It's out of season then and fewer pilgrims on that particular route. Be careful at Bruma as the only restaurant closes on, I think on Monday's, for rest. It's the only thing there but I recommend it. Have a good trip.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So you had the albuerges to yourself? I read that they were all open in February.

Yep, apart from my mate who I stayed with at the albergues in Betanzos and Bruma the rest I was on my own. However, the Pontedume albergues was difficult to get into, as I had to wait, but luckily the workers next door had a key to let me in, it isn't worth the stay there though. Depends if you're on a budget but they are all open? Naturally there are no municipal albergues in either Ferrol or S de C.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back