• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles in august

Jakobus

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles
Hi, I am planning to walk the Camino Ingles starting in Ferrol in mid august: I've never walked a Camino before so I'm open to comments and suggestions.
I've gotthe book by Bierely, and i'm thinking the the two days leg of betanzos-bruma-siguerio might be a bit too much for me (and the friend I'm desperately trying to bring with me), so I was looking at a way to add a stop and split the 50km in three days of less than 20km a day.

On an old post in the forum I found this itinerary -
Day 5 - Betanzos to Presedo
Day 6 - Presedo to Hospital de Bruma / Buscas
Day 7 - Hospital de Bruma / Buscas to Sigueiro
Day 8 - Sigueiro to Santiago.
could it be a good idea?
thaks in advance

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, I am planning to walk the Camino Ingles starting in Ferrol in mid august: I've never walked a Camino before so I'm open to comments and suggestions.
I've gotthe book by Bierely, and i'm thinking the the two days leg of betanzos-bruma-siguerio might be a bit too much for me (and the friend I'm desperately trying to bring with me), so I was looking at a way to add a stop and split the 50km in three days of less than 20km a day.

could it be a good idea?
thaks in advance
Making your own 'stages' works well and your plan looks good. We took 9 days some years ago :) You can check out our stages if you want on the Camino section of our blog including the Inglés in 2011 and also the Camino 2015. Links in signature below.
Buen Camino

It’s a tremendous route. Because the ‘facilities’ are largely the local infrastructure and not specifically there for the Camino it’s a more authentic Galician experience than the same distance from Sarria on the CF, in my opinion.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

could it be a good idea?
thaks in advance
Jakobus:

My wife and I just walked the Camino Ingles from Ferrol (finished in early May 2022) and we were alos looking for short(er) stages. I found that the Pilgrimage Traveler had a good discussion of shorter stages, here (scroll down the page to the heading):
The Camino Inglés, Short But Not Easy

She suggests stopping in Presedo, and that worked for them. For us, we were booking ahead, and as there appears to be only a municipal albergue in Presedo, we ended up crossing over to the A Coruna Route.

I really enjoyed this Camino (we had done the Camino Frances in 2019).

Have a great Camino!
Tim

I did something close to what you are suggesting. The municipal in Presedo only has 12 beds, but if you get there early enough in the day you'd be fine. Galicia in August has milder (cooler) weather than the rest of Spain and I found it quite pleasant. The hydrangeas you will see on the route are huge that time of year!

Attachments

• 19.8.06.02 huge Hydrangea.JPG
    19.8.06.02 huge Hydrangea.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
Jakobus:

My wife and I just walked the Camino Ingles from Ferrol (finished in early May 2022) and we were alos looking for short(er) stages. I found that the Pilgrimage Traveler had a good discussion of shorter stages, here (scroll down the page to the heading):
The Camino Inglés, Short But Not Easy

She suggests stopping in Presedo, and that worked for them. For us, we were booking ahead, and as there appears to be only a municipal albergue in Presedo, we ended up crossing over to the A Coruna Route.

I really enjoyed this Camino (we had done the Camino Frances in 2019).

Have a great Camino!
Tim
If the Presedo albergue (14 beds), which is the only accommodation there, is full, you can call for any accommodation nearby to come and pick you up! There should be information on the counter, regarding hotels, but the hospitilero should also be able to help. Especially, look into the onward hotels in O Mesón do Vento. You can see on my day five, how to pull this off.

And yes, I suggest eight shorter stages for those who wish to do it this way! Have a wonderful Camino and let me know if you have more questions. But hopefully, my webpages will give you all the info that you need.
Elle

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If the Presedo albergue (14 beds), which is the only accommodation there, is full, you can call for any accommodation nearby to come and pick you up! There should be information on the counter, regarding hotels, but the hospitilero should also be able to help. Especially, look into the onward hotels in O Mesón do Vento. You can see on my day five, how to pull this off.

And yes, I suggest eight shorter stages for those who wish to do it this way! Have a wonderful Camino and let me know if you have more questions. But hopefully, my webpages will give you all the info that you need.
Elle
I posted to another future Camino Ingles first timer on another thread yesterday of my friend and I staying at Rectoral de Cine, a 1000 yr. old rectory about 10 min. from Museo Restaurant in Presedo, where they’ll pick you up. As I too have Parkinson’s, and walk slowly, I knew it was the only way to have accommodations after Betanzos

I posted to another future Camino Ingles first timer on another thread yesterday of my friend and I staying at Rectoral de Cine, a 1000 yr. old rectory about 10 min. from Museo Restaurant in Presedo, where they’ll pick you up. As I too have Parkinson’s, and walk slowly, I knew it was the only way to have accommodations after Betanzos
How wonderful! You can do it! Have a wonderful walk @CJane

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back