• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles in February

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Anybody else walking in February?
Rain jacket, rain pants and warm sleeping bag already packed!
Hopefully the municipal albergues will all be open and not too cold.
Jill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Jill. Now you mention it that's not such a bad idea. The Camino Ingles is next on my list. What dates are you thinking about? Best wishes Maggie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Jill. Now you mention it that's not such a bad idea. The Camino Ingles is next on my list. What dates are you thinking about? Best wishes Maggie

Hi Maggie, I plan to start walking from Ferrol on Mon 10 Feb, taking 6 days to Santiago, but will see how it goes. Jill

Hi Maggie, I plan to start walking from Ferrol on Mon 10 Feb, taking 6 days to Santiago, but will see how it goes. Jill
Hi Jill. I'll look into it. Rest assured if I were to come I would do my own thing. However good sometimes to know there is someone else in your vicinity aware of where you are etc. Best of luck with your Camino x

My experience of Xunta albergues is beautiful kitchens with no pots, pans, kettles, microwaves, etc.

Should I pack my electric coil so that I can heat water in my mug?

I am assuming that I will be all alone in February and no bars or shops nearby 😟.

Advice please from those who have walked the Ingles and stayed in the municipal albergues.

Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Flights booked – I got a good deal on Angolan Airlines, from Johannesburg to Lisbon via Luanda. Alsa bus to Santiago, then bus to Ferrol.

Recommendations please for interesting things to do in Ferrol as I may have a full day there. Thanks!

Jill

Hi Jill, Same story here. I am leaving the 9th of Feb to Porto. From there I will walk a big part of the Portuguese one. (I did before and liked it). Then I will travel to Ferrol where I will walk the Ingles. Looking 4ward to that one! Will you let me know where you stayed in Ferrol? Thnx.

Buen Camino,

Marcel

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This link may help in becoming familiar with the mix of albergues (more private than municipal) and pensions/hotels: https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles I would be checking to see if the albergues/pensions are open in the winter months. We stayed at Hotel Suizo, Calle Dolores 67 in Ferrol which had been recommended by others on the Forum. It was lovely and also has credentials and sellos. And be sure to stop at Meson Museo Xenta no Camino, in Presedo - this is an excellent cafe with wonderful food.

Will you let me know where you stayed in Ferrol? Thnx.

I’m staying at Albergue Sixtos in Santiago on Sat 8th (it’s near the bus station) – my Alsa bus arrives from Lisbon about 18:15 – then I’ve booked Hotel Almendra in Ferrol for the 9th. (Will report back!) Not sure whether to get the 9:30 bus to Ferrol on Sunday 9th or the 14:00. Then nothing else booked until my flight home, hoping to stay at the municipal albergues.

Flights booked – I got a good deal on Angolan Airlines, from Johannesburg to Lisbon via Luanda. Alsa bus to Santiago, then bus to Ferrol.

Recommendations please for interesting things to do in Ferrol as I may have a full day there. Thanks!

Jill
-In Ferrol there are two military castles San Felipe and La Palma in both sides of the ria.
It is possible to visit castillo de San Felipe (free).
-The Ermita de Chamorro has spectacular views of Ferrol. I think that it is possible to see at least Neda and Fene from there. Unfortunately the ermita is always closed.
The best thing for both places is to take a taxi (short rides).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’m staying at Albergue Sixtos in Santiago on Sat 8th (it’s near the bus station) – my Alsa bus arrives from Lisbon about 18:15 – then I’ve booked Hotel Almendra in Ferrol for the 9th. (Will report back!) Not sure whether to get the 9:30 bus to Ferrol on Sunday 9th or the 14:00. Then nothing else booked until my flight home, hoping to stay at the municipal albergues.

Same story again. If I look back to my other camino's, I never reserved a bed and all came good ;)

[QUOTE="jsalt, post: 807994, member: 9759"
Hopefully the municipal albergues will all be open and not too cold.
Jill
[/QUOTE]
A Finnish lady just posted in our FB-group that they have under +10 Celsius inside in an albergue! The houses can be very cold there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Both ship (naval) museums are interesting.

I stay at Hotel Silva. Clean . Reasonable price.
Little away from center of city. I have walked from Hotel Silva to center, and back, many times.

agree Hotel Suizo is also good choice.

I leave home next week. Camino Inglés in February – should I pack a couple of emergency meals (tuna satchets, dehydrated mashed potato, noodles) in case I get to an albergue and there is no shop or bar nearby to make/buy an evening meal? If so, which are the likely places?

Would be smart to do so.
Don’t know if you need much.

I always carry something extra to eat. Placed in bottom of my bag.

Once got to a place nothing was open. Nothing. No vending machines. Nothing.
I had stashed small packs of crackers, slim Jim and luckily can of tuna.

that was my meal.

I never walk without some back up food.
Not talking about the snacks to consume when washing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I leave home next week. Camino Inglés in February – should I pack a couple of emergency meals (tuna satchets, dehydrated mashed potato, noodles) in case I get to an albergue and there is no shop or bar nearby to make/buy an evening meal? If so, which are the likely places?

Yes, I always do when I walk off season and/or on less known Caminos!
BC SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Leaving home tomorrow morning . . . Angolan Airlines 😨 Pack in the Hold 🥵 . . . with a lot of luck 😂 I hope to arrive in Ferrol Sunday morning with everything still in one piece 😳 and ready to roll 👣.

Buen Camino, Jill. . . I'm looking forward to hearing how things go :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good wifi at Hotel Almendra. Happy with my choice of where to stay in Ferrol. 23 euros for single room. It's actually a large twin-bed room with modern bathroom and large shower with piping hot water. Breakfast for 3.50 before I set off tomorrow. Bought an umbrella at the China store - think I may need it! Walked to the tourist office after dumping my pack, but it's closed 12pm to 4pm (no suprise there!), so followed the camino signs until I found a cool bar for lunch after crossing the big avenue. Will pick up the trail on the same avenue in the morning. It's good to be back on the camino.

So lucky - didn't have to use my new umbrella today - maybe tomorrow! I am at Neda albergue tonight - lovely position by the river. I see the camino signs continue alongside the busy road, yet there is a delightful river walk. MapsMe shows it goes all the way into the centre of Neda, where I can connect to the main path again. Any reason why I shouldn't take the river path tomorrow? Am I likely to get stuck in a mud flat???

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So lucky - didn't have to use my new umbrella today - maybe tomorrow! I am at Neda albergue tonight - lovely position by the river. I see the camino signs continue alongside the busy road, yet there is a delightful river walk. MapsMe shows it goes all the way into the centre of Neda, where I can connect to the main path again. Any reason why I shouldn't take the river path tomorrow? Am I likely to get stuck in a mud flat???
Hi,
You can walk by the river without any trouble. I have no idea why, now that the pedestrian bridge is open, they send you around.....
Fingers crossed your umbrella stays packed away!!
Buen camino
MaryEllen

Thank you so much - I will go for it!

If my memory does not fail me ! Santa Maria de Neda church will be on your way if you walk along by the water. We walked there from the hostal where we stayed last summer. The albergue was packed and even had an overflow on the floor. At some point, maybe after the church you need to go left. Please follow your own directions! I would not like you to get lost on my account. You are on a lovely camino.

as there were no municipal albergues in Siguiero, we booked bunks in albergue camino real. Delightful welcome. Excellent facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanx Kirkie! I am all alone here and it's a bit lonely!! I can't work out how to connect to the wifi, so I am doing a bit of a pub crawl this evening. Well, that's my excuse. I had to go back at 8pm to register - it's gone up to 8 euros now by the way. With all the free tapas I don't have to make my own supper . . . And the music is good in the bars around here . . . Haven't heard the Doors, Steppenwolf and Led Zeppelin for years . . . Out of season caminos are SO different . . . And the locals are friendly.

Thanx Kirkie! I am all alone here and it's a bit lonely!! I can't work out how to connect to the wifi, so I am doing a bit of a pub crawl this evening. Well, that's my excuse. I had to go back at 8pm to register - it's gone up to 8 euros now by the way. With all the free tapas I don't have to make my own supper . . . And the music is good in the bars around here . . . Haven't heard the Doors, Steppenwolf and Led Zeppelin for years . . . Out of season caminos are SO different . . . And the locals are friendly.
If I can put my hands on my notes in the morning, I will see if there is anything else you might find helpful. You are not really alone, not with this 24 hour forum on your side!

By now, @jsalt, you will be out on the road, or river path. I have not put my hand on my notes, but you don’t need them if you have got this far! One difference - of many, I am sure, between your Camino and mine, you will have no problem getting a bed in the albergues, if only because of the time of year. Leaving Neda, we arrived at a spot where the mayor was getting out of his car to go to work, and he invited us in to get a stamp. It came in handy as it was a useful point for a loo. I think that tomorrow you will meet your first steep hill. It will soon be behind you. I am giving you a clue here to one of my pet hates: steep hills! You might have your own idea of where to eat in Pontedeume, but if not, look out for Hostal Luis. Remember, even if you don’t meet any other pilgrims you have watchers looking out for you... and you are right, you have more opportunities to connect with local people. Ultreia!

I can highly recommend the river route from Neda albergue - it joins the road route at Santa Maria church. I got to try out my new umbrella today - it works! A nice day despite the rain showers. The key to Pontedeume albergue was available at the tourist office after they opened at 4.30pm, so went in the bar nearby and ordered a beer. The guy on the bar stool asked if I was English. I said: is my Spanish that bad? No, just that only the English say "por favor" when ordering a drink! He's an expat from London, been here 12 years, and we chatted for an hour. Didn't expect that! The albergue is very basic, hot water but no heating, but that's OK for only 5 euros. I'm the only one again so far. Walked around town (lovely place) looking for a cool bar with wifi and music instead of TV shows. Found one! A huge slab of tortilla came with the vino. Happy peregrina.

I can highly recommend the river route from Neda albergue - it joins the road route at Santa Maria church. I got to try out my new umbrella today - it works! A nice day despite the rain showers. The key to Pontedeume albergue was available at the tourist office after they opened at 4.30pm, so went in the bar nearby and ordered a beer. The guy on the bar stool asked if I was English. I said: is my Spanish that bad? No, just that only the English say "por favor" when ordering a drink! He's an expat from London, been here 12 years, and we chatted for an hour. Didn't expect that! The albergue is very basic, hot water but no heating, but that's OK for only 5 euros. I'm the only one again so far. Walked around town (lovely place) looking for a cool bar with wifi and music instead of TV shows. Found one! A huge slab of tortilla came with the vino. Happy peregrina.
Thanks, @jsalt, for your posts. It is valuable on both ends, particularly so that those at home can virtually accompany you ! Wasn't that serendipity that you found the bar with the English ex-pat!
I hope you have enough warm clothes to compensate for the lack of heating. Maybe there are blankets? Sleep well, and may the wind not blow your umbrella inside out tomorrow.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I opened the door this morning to check the weather (there is no window at Pontedueme albergue) and the sun was shining. Yippee! It was a serious climb out of town, but then a fabulous walk to Mino. Got there at lunch time so left the camino in search of a menu del dia, and found a great Estrella Galicia Bar just past the post office and church. 10 euros and really good. Only half way to Betanzos though so had to keep moving. I love walking in the afternoons - it's so quiet, and even the dogs can't be bothered to bark at me. Arrived about 6pm and found the albergue near the Santiago church. Wow, nice. All alone again, so chatting to you guys from the bar with good music to the right of the church, which the English expat recommended to me.

I opened the door this morning to check the weather (there is no window at Pontedueme albergue) and the sun was shining. Yippee! It was a serious climb out of town, but then a fabulous walk to Mino. Got there at lunch time so left the camino in search of a menu del dia, and found a great Estrella Galicia Bar just past the post office and church. 10 euros and really good. Only half way to Betanzos though so had to keep moving. I love walking in the afternoons - it's so quiet, and even the dogs can't be bothered to bark at me. Arrived about 6pm and found the albergue near the Santiago church. Wow, nice. All alone again, so chatting to you guys from the bar with good music to the right of the church, which the English expat recommended to me.
Hi,
Yay for sunny skies!! Pontedeume to Betanzos is probably our favorite stage on the Inglés. Right now the rain is coming down hard here in Coruña, I hope the sun comes out for your walk tomorrow.
Buen camino,
MaryEllen

€149,-
Good to see your report. What is it like to be in an albergue with no windows? Sounds odd. I love your understated account of the serious climb! I hope the sun shines again for you tomorrow. look forward to your next post.

Thank you so much for your replies. It's raining again here too - glad I bought the umbrella!
The Pontedeume albergue is different! No kitchen so also glad I had my electric coil with me.
Oh oh, gotta go, I have no key tonight, and will get locked out if not back by 10pm.
Betanzos albergue is really nice, also 8 euros now, like Neda. I have my own room with heating and bathroom. I am a very lucky peregrina. Wish I could stay a bit longer in Betanzos but I have a long walk tomorrow.

I think Betanzos was where we stopped for breakfast at a cafe on the way out of town - the verylast spot for something. The couple running it have two children, and the name of the cafe is a composite of their names. A lovely couple. Is it Bruma tomorrow? We were far too late even if we had wanted a bed in the albergue. A host of Italian pilgrims were lounging on the grass as we tried to see if we could use the bathroom, but it was locked up till the afternoon...it poured cats and dogs. Such a laugh as we struggled against the odds to get to our hostal! Then, after the usual routine of wash clothes, shower etc we had to get dressed and go back out into the driving wind and rain to find a meal in the hotel opposite. The albergue is not as far as the hostal we had pre booked. I have to add again: if my memory serves me correctly!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I really enjoyed the 24kms today to Bruma, even with the rain showers and hills. Just took my time. I wasn't expecting there to be any bars at all, so the bar on the far side of Presedo, about half way, was a very welcome surprise. A bit later a woman slammed her breaks on next to me, leapt out of her car, and presented me with an apple and a buen camino, and then sped off - how nice was that? Really enjoyed that apple at the top of the next hill. Finally reached Bruma and there are 2 peregrinos here, so not alone tonight. I am in the restaurant now though. Had nothing to eat all day, except a snack bar and the apple, so devouring a plate of egg and chips. An early night I think. I passed on a shower as there is only a curtain, no door, in the mixed ablution block outside, and no door to the ablution block itself. And it's cold and damp in there! But the dorm is warm and cosy, so all well on the Camino Ingles tonight.

May I wag a finger, and suggest you do not let yourself go without enough nourishment for the day? However, wasn't that a lovely gesture, the lady with the apple. The fields were full of corn when we walked that stretch. Glad you have company, sorry you are going to have to wait for some more comfort to take a shower. Oh! I can smell the chips! Envy! glad to know you are there, safe and warm. Ultreia!
Tomorrow, to Siguiero: what are you going to do about accommodation? Do they have a municipal albergue yet? We paid €15.00 I think for a bed, shower, eat anything on the table, and drink from the big fridge...and of course breakfast next morning.
Edit: and €5 for washing and dying clothes in the washing machine.

I really enjoyed the 24kms today to Bruma, even with the rain showers and hills. Just took my time. I wasn't expecting there to be any bars at all, so the bar on the far side of Presedo, about half way, was a very welcome surprise. A bit later a woman slammed her breaks on next to me, leapt out of her car, and presented me with an apple and a buen camino, and then sped off - how nice was that? Really enjoyed that apple at the top of the next hill. Finally reached Bruma and there are 2 peregrinos here, so not alone tonight. I am in the restaurant now though. Had nothing to eat all day, except a snack bar and the apple, so devouring a plate of egg and chips. An early night I think. I passed on a shower as there is only a curtain, no door, in the mixed ablution block outside, and no door to the ablution block itself. And it's cold and damp in there! But the dorm is warm and cosy, so all well on the Camino Ingles tonight.

Looking at the map (google) it appears that there are 2 more bars (before Bruma) easily accessible with minor, short diversions from the main trail. Next week (when I will be there) I will report more precisely if they are open.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Looking at the map (google) it appears that there are 2 more bars (before Bruma) easily accessible with minor, short diversions from the main trail. Next week (when I will be there) I will report more precisely if they are open.
There is a bar on the main road as you leave Cos, which was open, but I didn't go in. After Presedo there is another bar, 10kms later, at As Trevesa. The elderly men were enjoying their game of cards. So there are 3 bars altogether between Betanzos and Bruma, which are on the camino and all open.

Plenty of places for breakfast today after leaving Bruma. I made myself some hot chocolate this morning before leaving about 8.45. The 2 guys were still fast asleep snoring quietly! I slept like a log and never heard them come in, so I don't know how late that was. It's quite cold today but not raining (so far). Easy walking after all those hills yesterday.

One of the three, was it run by two sisters? The day we stopped in there it was lashing out of the heavens, everybody came in for a bit of heat and something warm to drink. The regulars were playing cards, more or less oblivious to the pilgrim invasion. They insisted on showing their photographs with the sister of someone famous. Who was it? I have no idea! Looking forward to your story for today...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Kirkie, maybe the last place, at As Travestas. There were 2 women serving. One asked where am I from, so I said Sud Africa. She led me round to a world map on the wall and I showed her on the map. Her eyes were huge. She was so sweet. She helped me put my pack on when I left. I am in Sigueira. Industrial town. Staying in Albergue Camino Real for 15 euros. Very very nice. Loved my shower - happy peregrina again. Single beds (not bunks) in the dorms. Breakfast included. Santiago tomorrow - yeay!

The two sisters seem to be fairly well known. That sounds like the more outgoing one alright. they take great pride in the letters and cards from pilgrims from all over the world. if I remember correctly, they are involved in a restoration project for a church in the vicinity. Yes, Bar Avelina, the name of the outgoing one. I checked just now in Elle Bieling's guide. in fact, Elle reports that the restoration project depends on all passing pilgrims!
So glad you found that albergue. I was bowled over by the utter generosity: yes, the lovely showers, and we did get (bottom) bunks, but I know there were single beds. it is a family affair, and the lady is very artistic. The husband is a barber in his spare time, or is it the other way round? He also plays the accordion. Tomorrow, or today by the time you read this, you have magic ahead of you!

Signing off in Santiago. Cold and windy so just put head down and legged it. Hoped to get a pilgrim room in the Hospederia Seminario Mayor but they are full, so got a map from the tourist office (and they also have the Finisterre/Muxia guide/credencial), and now back in my favourite bar: Rua Bella on Rua Nova, writing up my journal (on the back of my Gronze Camino Ingles printouts), and generally passing the time while I decide where to try next for a bed tonight . . .

that place is up and to the right, from the arch and with the Seminario Mayor one your left. If you have reached Casa Manolo you just need to look left and go down that little street a few doors.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think the Last Stamp is closed but the Azabecheria albergue is open. Same direction, walk towards Plaza Cervantes from the Cathedral, on the CF and it is on your right. Sorry, I would offer you hospitality but I am going out shortly and not sure when I will get back ...
BC SY

PS If you can't find anything, give me a call/message http://egeria.house/contact/ and I have a bed for you in a not recently cleaned house ;-)

I've stayed at Last Stamp before and was very claustrophic as I was given a bed in the middle of a dorm and doors were all shut around the central partition. It freaked me out as a fire hazard. Much worse than no window at Pontedeume! I vaguely remember that Last Stamp is a "seasonal" albergue anyway, and I like to support the places that are open all year round for the "real" pilgrims. Ha, ha! Is Roots and Boots open?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think Roots and Boots is also closed, but Mundo Albergue was open when I passed a few days ago ... if I remember right ... Sorry, need to go now! BC SY

PS Send me a text when you can't find anything!

€60,-
Whew! So glad! When you are all settled, a line or two on the magic, or was it too cold and windy to enjoy it? main point, well done, and i hope that it has been good for your soul.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And meantime, back on the not-ranch, life goes on. I have put the bread rolls in the oven and the leek and potato soup is bubbling away. Sorry, can’t get any of it over to you! it has been so nice to ‘accompany’ you on your Camino , and i hope it not only met but exceeded your hopes. Hoping all goes will for the rest of your time, and for your return trip home.

All well in Santiagoland - thanks so much for your support. Checked into Roots and Boots - very friendly. A few others staying. Back at Rua Bella though! I never see any other pilgrims here but they are very pilgrim-friendly. They keep piling different tapas on me, and I've only had one glass of vino blanco so far. They seem to know how hungry we get after a good day's walk!

I have just sent a whatsapp to Roots and Boots and they are open, so on my way there. Thanks so much! Jill

Very glad to hear that! I only just came home - that would have been a long wait for you! How long are you in town?
BC SY

All well in Santiagoland - thanks so much for your support. Checked into Roots and Boots - very friendly. A few others staying. Back at Rua Bella though! I never see any other pilgrims here but they are very pilgrim-friendly. They keep piling different tapas on me, and I've only had one glass of vino blanco so far. They seem to know how hungry we get after a good day's walk!

Rua Bella is the best! :) Enjoy being in town; sorry we can't see you this time! Take care.

Very glad to hear that! I only just came home - that would have been a long wait for you! How long are you in town?
BC SY
I am going to walk to Negreira tomorrow. Would have loved to stay over - maybe next time. By the way, the hiking stick you gave me last year was fantastic, and I left it at a gite near Castres in France, so it may find its way back to Santiago one day!

Glad to hear! And, next time, give me a bit more of advance warning and we will manage to meet again!
BC SY

Congratulations on your Camino. I enjoyed reading this. Well done x

Just completed my second day on Ingles to Betanzos.
Beautiful sunny weather and empty albergues. Only 4 pilgrims on the Road (One Is me)

I would like to suggest to all future pilgrims on Ingles to use road running shoes. Mountain boots or Trail running shoes are for me inappropriate. Planty of tarmac here, Walk on light breathable shoes, anything else is too much.

Last edited:
The Ingles Is now over.

Very few people on the way and in SdC too.
No queue at all for the Compostela.

Now few concluding remarks.

Walking in february+March Is very reccomended.

The Ingles Is just nice but not really outstanding. Too much tarmac.

I suggest to follow the old trail in the third stage to Bruma. Not very much signed but very interesting spots. Ask fo the Ruta dos Amilladoiros.

IMG_20200223_125824743.jpg
IMG_20200223_134431946.jpg
IMG_20200223_143530524.jpg
IMG_20200223_155058417.jpg
IMG_20200223_155821194.jpg

The Ingles Is now over.

Very few people on the way and in SdC too.
No queue at all for the Compostela.

Now few concluding remarks.

Walking in february+March Is very reccomended.

The Ingles Is just nice but not really outstanding. Too much tarmac.

I suggest to follow the old trail in the third stage to Bruma. Not very much signed but very interesting spots. Ask fo the Ruta dos Amilladoiros.

View attachment 70255
View attachment 70256
View attachment 70257
View attachment 70258
View attachment 70259
Thanks for your account, and well done. Bar Avelina, it was a hive of activity when we dived in out of the rain last August! I don't usually recall the hard bits much, the general impression stays with me more. I did enjoy the Ingles and that included the deluge...

Back home now, so thought I'd post a few more photos of the Camino Ingles in February.

Ferrol - at the start of the camino
036FerrolStart.jpg

Leaving Ferrol - what does this neglected monument signify?
039FerrolMonument.jpg

The magnolia trees were in full bloom - so beautiful!
045MagnoliaTree.jpg

Looking out of the window - all alone! - at Neda albergue
047ViewFromNedaAlbergue.jpg

Pontedeume
058Pontedeume.jpg

Graffiti - while walking under the freeway
068Graffitti.jpg

Leaving Mino - the nature reserve
072LeavingMino.jpg

Betanzos
080Betanzos.jpg

Leiro
093Leiro.jpg

Bruma albergue
101Bruma.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back