• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles in July 2014

Mariposa919

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino (July 2014)
This will be my first camino. Is is possible to do this camino in 5 days? Is this a route that has paradores or are there just albergues to stay the night?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hola and welcome to the forum. It is possible to walk in 5 days either using the albergues or by using private accomodation. We don't personally know of a parador until you reach Santiago and the Reyes Catolicos. However you can download the guide to the Camino Inglés here from the forum for a donation. This lists many suggestions for accomodation, the albergues plus rooms and hotel, as well as being an excellent guide in itself.
Buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is absolutely possible to walk the Camino Ingles in 5 days--particularly if you do a bit of trekking beforehand. The Parador in Ferrol is right near the start of the walk.
If you begin from Ferrol, it's easy to break the route into 5 stages:
Ferrol-Pontedeume: 29km
Pontedeume-Betanzos: 19.5km
Betanzos-Hospital de Bruma: 27.5km
Hospital de Bruma-Sigüero: 23.8km
Sigüero-Santiago: 16.2km

There are albergues in Neda, Pontedeume, Miño, Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma, and Santiago, but not currently in Sigüero. There are hotels also along the way, but many of the albergues are quite nice & well maintained.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you, Doug
I have just placed an order for the guide and, just for fun, two badges for the backpacks.

Regards
Robert

I will order the the guide too.Yesterday ordered our credentials .my good Portugese camino forum friend Diogo got them from the Sé cathedral in Lisbon and sent them to me.
@dougfitz wrote about another guide of the camino Ingles from Cicerone. Caminos from the North.I will order this guide too at Amazone's

http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/681/title/the-northern-caminos

Godt tur og med venlige hilsninger

Albertinho

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@dougfitz wrote about another guide of the camino Ingles from Cicerone. Caminos from the North.I will order this guide too at Amazone's
Albertinho, I like the Cicerone guide, in particular the maps. You should be aware that it is a 300-page guide of which 24 pages are allocated to the Camino Ingles. That's the bad news for an Ingles pilgrim. The good news is it will inspire you to want to walk the Finisterre, Primitivo and Norte routes as well! :)
cheers, tom

Thank you, Doug
I have just placed an order for the guide and, just for fun, two badges for the backpacks.

Regards
Robert
Our new guide just came from CSJ this morning :)
Checking online we had seen there was an update to the guide in April 2013. As far as we can see this is included in our new printed version - p60 Sigueiro to Santiago.

We will take the new guide with us, with some notes from our old one and also notes from the Cicerone guide. This has other information about places of interest. Very good to read at home but as it covers all the Northern Caminos it is more bulky (as Tom says) and we don't want to cut it up. Others who are less restricted for weight could well carry both.

Albertinho, I like the Cicerone guide, in particular the maps. You should be aware that it is a 300-page guide of which 24 pages are allocated to the Camino Ingles. That's the bad news for an Ingles pilgrim. The good news is it will inspire you to want to walk the Finisterre, Primitivo and Norte routes as well! :)
cheers, tom
Thanks Tom for the advice ! We have time enough. Pensionados you know but do not know if my wife will be happy with the idea of walking them all together after the Portugese last year. Ordered Johnnie's guide a minute ago and the Cicerone too. Thanks anyway

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I will order the the guide too.Yesterday ordered our credentials .my good Portugese camino forum friend Diogo got them from the Sé cathedral in Lisbon and sent them to me.

http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/681/title/the-northern-caminos

Godt tur og med venlige hilsninger

Albertinho
I also think we will have credencials from Portugal, we will buy them in Sé Cathedral in Porto.
We will pick them up a few days before the travel to Ferrol.

Bom Caminho

Regards

Robert

Diogo is a great guy ! He sent us the credentials which arrived here last night safely and well wrapped .
Diogo and I have had and still have a lot of contact on this forum and in privat emails due to the great information he gave us during our last year's caminho Portuges.
We now are preparing to walk the camino Ingles in May next from Ferrol to Santiago.
Reading this great forum we discovered that the Tourist info in Ferrol can supply a credential but as some forum members told that this credential is a photocopy.
So I asked my good friend Diogo to buy two credentials for my wife and I in Lisbon.
I'll buy him some pints when we see him.
So highly recommended ! Great service

Best regards from the

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Albertinho, good to hear your credentials arrived safely.
Just wanted to say that when I walked the Ingles last August the tourist booth at the old dock was issuing proper credencials. Maybe they ran out at some point and that's when they started providing photocopies. I hope a few more people can check and report their experiences before we start saying that only photocopies are available now.
PS The tourist booth also provides a useful, detailed tourist map. On one side has the camino route marked through the city. On the other side the camino route is shown around the bay.
Cheers, tom

Albertinho, good to hear your credentials arrived safely.
Just wanted to say that when I walked the Ingles last August the tourist booth at the old dock was issuing proper credencials. Maybe they ran out at some point and that's when they started providing photocopies. I hope a few more people can check and report their experiences before we start saying that only photocopies are available now.
PS The tourist booth also provides a useful, detailed tourist map. On one side has the camino route marked through the city. On the other side the camino route is shown around the bay.
Cheers, tom
Thanks Tom. As soon as we arrive in Valdoviño, we drive to Ferrol to visit the Tourist Office and find out what we can use for our stay in Galicia anyway. We want to drive to Cee after finishing the Ingles and have a look as tourist in Fisterre and Muxia.
Turgalicia promished me to send info to but not landed yet here. I also want to drive from Vigo to Porto along the coast so I have an idea what we will meet when we walk the Portugese coastal at a later time maybe next year.
The Cicerone guide landed here today so we are well informed so far and can make our plan .
Best regards
Albertinho

Last edited:
Mariposa919,
This is also my first Camino and I plan on going the first week of July and getting to Santiago for St. James' feastday on July 24th. Would you like to be walking partners?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back