• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino ingles Luggage Transfer

Billcaddey

can anyone tell me how I can get my luggage transferred from La Coruna to Santiago and stored there for 5 days? I am visiting Europe for 2months and want to spend a week on the Camino Ingles but need to move my excess luggage on.
Thanks
Bill

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Bill

I don't know of a service apart from taxis and buses. A taxi will cost about 60€ - 70€ :(

The bus service from A Coruna to Santiago is very good and is frequent - would your schedule allow you to make the journey by bus to drop off your luggage at your Santiago hotal or in left luggage and then return to Coruna or Ferro to begin the Camino Ingles?

If you work out another solution can you let us know please?

Best wishes

John

You can post your extra luggage to the Post Office in Santiago - Lista de Correos (Poste Resante) and they will keep it for 14 days.

Address it to yourself as your name appears in your passport:

B CADDEY
Lista de Correos
15780 Santiago de Compostela
A Coruña

When you collect it, you will have to present your postal ticket and your passport.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was recently walking on Camino Ingles and needed to forward extras to Santiago.

The options seems to be

(1) by taxi - expensive - 65 to 70 euros
(2) by bus - someone will need to pick up the package and store it for you.
(3) by post.

Option (3) worked well for me. Cheap and safe. Cost me all of 8euros to send a 4kg box from Betanzos to Santiago by Express Post. (I had used express post because I had only one working day before I arrive in Santiago).

Should you need to have the things kept for more than 14 days, perhaps they could be sent to :

Ivar Rekve
ATT: [Your name goes here]
TravesĂ­a da Universidade 1
15704 Santiago de Compostela
La Coruña
Spain

Sometimes they ask for my contact phone number. If so, please use: (+34) 603 466 490

Prices:
Small box (317x215x125mm): €15,- for 60 days of storage
Medium box (390x290x190mm): €20,- for 60 days of storage
Large box (590x390x390mm): €25,- for 60 days of storage

(info is as per post by Ivar)
(Updated by Ivar)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a slightly different need: we will fly from outside Spain into Santiago. We want to leave extra luggage somewhere for the 8-9 days it will take to get to Ferrol and walk back with our backpacks.
Any suggestions? (we don't know where we will be staying yet)

We've had some advice: http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Last edited:
Ivar runs this forum, and therefore this should be reliable.

the correos (post office) also offers luggage storage, and there is a left luggage facility at the Pilgrim's Office in Santiago, but I am not sure whether they store luggage overnight? You could e-mail them to ask.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back