• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles may 2007

Liv Marit

Hi all pilgrims !

I am hooked ! I did the Camino Frances last year, and though I do not get as long time off work this year, I still would like to walk.

I have decided on the Camino Ingles, going with a friend this time.

I would like any good information you have about this camino, like what will the roads be like, is it flat or hilly, is it easy to find places to stay, are there lots of places to eat, so on. I have heard that this route is not as "developed" as a pilgrim-industry like the camino frances. Not that this in itself is a problem.... :)

All info is valuable while planning.

Love,
Liv.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Liv

I wish you a good Camino despite the fact it is Inglès rather than Francès this time :wink:

Keep on planning my dear :lol:

Hope you run across several "Club Med" albergues on your route, as we encountered in the heath of late summer 2006 in Boadillo del Camino.

Ultreïa.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino!

I know nothing about your route. Just wanted to say: Nice to hear that another norwegian is hooked, too! I will start near Arthez in France in the end of March to walk to Santiago - I hope. Alle gode ønsker for turen din!

Camino Ingles Guides

Hi Liv, haven't walked this route, but the Confraternity of St James has a small booklet about it, although not updated since 2000. See http://www.csj.org.uk and go to the Bookshop. There is also basic information on http://www.mundicamino.com, where hotels, restaurants etc are listed. Nothing about the roads but it's seen as a four or five day walk. Click on the Union Jack for English version, then select Routes.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Liv, we will walk the Camino Ingles end of April. It's going to be the first Camino for my wife, and the third for me.
We will fly from London Heathrow to La Coruna (direct flight with Iberia), and then bus to Ferroll. Credentials are available in the tourist office, but opening times might be a problem. I bought the CSJ guide as well (though normally I don't use the guides, just follow the waymarks and ask the people). We will stay in Albergues and/or Hostals, depending on how we get on with walking and ofcourse the weather.
If you wish I can give you an actual update once I'm back (around the 5th of May). Actually, I will post a few comments after my Camino anyway.
Rolf

Thanks, all for replying !

I will be leaving at the 30th of september, filling my gap from Logroño to Burgos, and possibly take the Ingles afterwards.

But please, Rolf, post your experiances on the forum, and I will check it along the way...

Buen Camino !

Liv :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi
I am planning to walk the Camino Ingles in Late April and will pass on any useful info when I return. I am struggling to find detailed maps of the area. Have you any suggestions as to where we might get them?

Kathleen :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This message was intended for the forum on the Camino Ingles. It appeared on the poncho/rainsuit discussion in error!
I would like to suggest that anyone intending to walk the Camino Ingles should begin their pilgrimage in A Coruna, the traditional starting place for those who arrived by boat in Galicia. Visit the beautiful church of Santiago and maybe,(check the opening times), the Pilgrim Office nearby. A Coruna is well worth a visit. The garden with a memorial to Sir John Moore is only one of many interesting places. It is less than 100km to Santiago but you can walk to Hospital de Bruma and go back by bus, from the main road not far away, to El Ferrol or to A Coruna and then to El Ferrol. From there, or from Neda, you can walk that branch of the camino via Hospital de Bruma. It seems a pity to miss so much of interest on such a short camino. The walk out of A Coruna is dull at first so I would advise pilgrims to go by bus to the El Campo supermarket and walk form there. On the wall of Santiago Church in Neda please see the granite memorial stone unveiled by me and my husband in Holy Year 2004 and pray for us and all who passed that way.
Buen camino!

maricristina said:
I would like to suggest that anyone intending to walk the Camino Ingles should begin their pilgrimage in A Coruna, the traditional starting place for those who arrived by boat in Galicia. Visit the beautiful church of Santiago and maybe,(check the opening times), the Pilgrim Office nearby. A Coruna is well worth a visit.

yes, I would agree - it's much more attractive and interesting than El Ferrol

maricristina said:
It is less than 100km to Santiago but you can walk to Hospital de Bruma and go back by bus, from the main road not far away, to El Ferrol or to A Coruna and then to El Ferrol.

one thing you could try is walking from Corunna via Betanzos - that brings you up to the 100km if that's what interests you. There's also a little hamlet between Corunna and Betanzos called Roncesvalles, so you can tell the pilgrim office you walked from Corunna via Roncesvalles. :lol:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.