A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Ingles - New albergue in Betanzos

2020 Camino Guides

sulu

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ronces-SdC (03-04/10);Oporto-SdC (10/2011); VdlP via Portugal 03/04 2012/2013;Part Invierno 2012; Toulouse to Sarrance 2012; Ingles to Muxia June 2013 Cami Catala and Aragones 2014; El Salvador & Primitivo 2014; Camino de Madrid 2016; Levante 2015,2017
I stayed here last week. It is a beautiful old building, beautifully renovated, and the town is lovely, well worth a visit.
Two things to high-light: 1) the kitchen is small with 2 microwaves (no hot plate) and no microwaveable dishes!
2) there are no blankets.

This is June and according to 'meteo galicia', the local weather people, the weather was going to be hot. They were wrong! I carried a silk liner and a fleece blanket and during the night I added my towel, I was warm enough but I will never again walk without my sleeping bag. Weather forecasts can not be trusted, I've never trusted them in the passed so I'm not sure why I was daft enough to do so this time :)

Urban trekker1

Urban Trekker1
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles (May 2013)

Caminho Portuguese (May 2014)
Camino Frances (May 2015)
I stayed there the first week they opened. As a Yank, I found the albergue incredible. The way the 1400s buildings architecture was incorporated was fantastic. A less than 2 block walk from the main plaza and great people watching. Who could ask for more. Over here we tear down the old and build new. You're lucky. Over there you save and preserve the old and incorporate the new into it. It's more than a place to sleep. It's history!

Buen Camino to all

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 309 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 353 28.4%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock