• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles - New albergue in Betanzos

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I stayed here last week. It is a beautiful old building, beautifully renovated, and the town is lovely, well worth a visit.
Two things to high-light: 1) the kitchen is small with 2 microwaves (no hot plate) and no microwaveable dishes!
2) there are no blankets.

This is June and according to 'meteo galicia', the local weather people, the weather was going to be hot. They were wrong! I carried a silk liner and a fleece blanket and during the night I added my towel, I was warm enough but I will never again walk without my sleeping bag. Weather forecasts can not be trusted, I've never trusted them in the passed so I'm not sure why I was daft enough to do so this time :)

I stayed there the first week they opened. As a Yank, I found the albergue incredible. The way the 1400s buildings architecture was incorporated was fantastic. A less than 2 block walk from the main plaza and great people watching. Who could ask for more. Over here we tear down the old and build new. You're lucky. Over there you save and preserve the old and incorporate the new into it. It's more than a place to sleep. It's history!

Buen Camino to all

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back