• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles next!

Coffee Bean

Time of past OR future Camino
Will be traveling El Camino with friend the first week of June. We are very exited.
Hola peregrinos y peregrinas,
I just came back from Santiago, started in Sarria and ended in Santiago six days later, a humbling experience, loved every bit of it even the bad weather! I’m planing to go back end of May or 1st wk of June 2020 to travel El Camino Ingles with my cousin. Please share with me any experiences good or bad, is there any small hotels along the way? Like El Camino Frances? We have about 6 days some blogs mention that is very difficult. Muchas Gracia!! Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just came back from Santiago, started in Sarria and ended in Santiago six days later, a humbling experience, loved every bit of it even the bad weather! I’m planing to go back end of May or 1st wk of June 2020 to travel El Camino Ingles with my cousin. Please share with me any experiences good or bad, is there any small hotels along the way? Like El Camino Frances? We have about 6 days some blogs mention that is very difficult. Muchas Gracia!! Buen Camino!
I am at the airport now and waiting to board the plane for a flight across the pond. I will start walking on Sunday. I, too, must be able to sleep and have booked all of my beds using booking.com.

Buen camino!!’

It's an enjoyable but much quieter Camino than the CF. Very well signposted but very few cafes/bars between principal stops.
Physically the only section I struggled with was the walk (climb) out of Pontedeume but there is a bar at the top!
One thing to watch out for: last year the powers that be re-routed the section just before Sigüeiro to run for about 5kms alongside a noisy autoroute but there's nothing to stop you walking the old route which runs parallel to the present route but is much quieter. Oh, and there is an open air swimming pool as you enter Sigüeiro!
If you like (Spanish) tortilla then Betanzos is reputed to be the tortilla capital of Spain.
Enjoy!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jeff, thank you for info! I’m getting exited all ready.

You can also visit my website for both routes from A Corona and Ferrol. Tons of info and photos.Click here: The English Way.
Hi Elle, I just took a look and a skim of your account of the English Way. It is so detailed, as your others have been. You go above and beyond in sharing your experience by adding in the maps, elevations, etc. Very thorough! I hadn't really considered walking this route before, but your enthusiasm is contagious and has me reconsidering!

It's an enjoyable but much quieter Camino than the CF. Very well signposted but very few cafes/bars between principal stops.
Physically the only section I struggled with was the walk (climb) out of Pontedeume but there is a bar at the top!
One thing to watch out for: last year the powers that be re-routed the section just before Sigüeiro to run for about 5kms alongside a noisy autoroute but there's nothing to stop you walking the old route which runs parallel to the present route but is much quieter. Oh, and there is an open air swimming pool as you enter Sigüeiro!
If you like (Spanish) tortilla then Betanzos is reputed to be the tortilla capital of Spain.
Enjoy!

That climb out of Pontedeume is quite something indeed!

Still my favourite " short but complete " Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can also visit my website for both routes from A Corona and Ferrol. Tons of info and photos.Click here: The English Way.
I can heartily recommend Elle's blog - so much work has been put into it.

I overlaid her routes on top of my recorded tracks and in some places I might have been treading in her footprints (almost literally - I was a couple of weeks behind her last year). In other places they diverge so much I was wondering whether we were on the same Camino and then I remembered those double "Complementario" mojones . . . . so that's where they took you!

A reason for me to get fit and try the "other" Camino Ingles!

Thank you @Jeff Crawley and @Camino Chrissy! Yes, a lot of hard work indeed! Chris you really should do it! Maybe a walk on the English, followed by a walk to Finisterre, followed by a walk on Dos Faros north on the coast, almost to A Coruna? Hmm, that could be an interesting Camino!

Camino Ingles was my first Camino(71 year old Canadian woman) and it was magical. The hills out of Pontedeume and out of Betanzos were the most challenging bits but were early in the morning and forgotten by my first tortilla and coffee. Stayed in xunta albergues and the people, scenery and good will were all wonderful and full of wonder Hoping for the Camino Portugese next April

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.