• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles now Shown on Viamichelin Website

Marcus-UK

Old Git
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017
You can view the route of the Camino Ingles on the Viamichelin web site www.viamichelin.com
If you select maps then search on "Ferrol" you can select Ferrol in A Coruna. When the map screen is shown select the bottom right icon for map type and select "Outdoors" You will then be able to see the long distance paths in red. You can zoom in and out and move the map around to follow the route. You can turn on Hotels and Restaurants etc. The map does show some albergues, but I am not sure how many. You have to zoom in to pick up the names.
I also checked the map around SDC and the Camino Frances, Xabres are show with a few other long distance trails.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is great! Always love a new map resource! Especially interesting is to zoom in on Compostela to see the approaches of the various Caminos.

You can view the route of the Camino Ingles on the Viamichelin web site www.viamichelin.com
If you select maps then search on "Ferrol" you can select Ferrol in A Coruna. When the map screen is shown select the bottom right icon for map type and select "Outdoors" You will then be able to see the long distance paths in red. You can zoom in and out and move the map around to follow the route. You can turn on Hotels and Restaurants etc. The map does show some albergues, but I am not sure how many. You have to zoom in to pick up the names.
I also checked the map around SDC and the Camino Frances, Xabres are show with a few other long distance trails.
Thanks for posting that link. After you follow the Camino Ingés map down to Santiago, go east and there's a good depiction of the Camino Francés on that same map.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I also checked the map around SDC and the Camino Frances, Xabres are show with a few other long distance trails.[/QUOTE

Many thanks for posting that maps link.
It's great!
Do you know how to get the same thing to show up on the app which I'm just trying?
Not having much luck so far.
Many thanks.
Sheena

With regards to the apps found on smartphones and tablets. My suspicions are that the full DB of Michelin data is not available as a offline app since it would take too much memory on the local device to store all the possible requirements available via the on-line web application. Viamichelin has individual standalone apps for driving, green guide, Hotels and restaurants. The Web based online system interconnects all the Michelin Guides. I was just looking at the Viamichelin web site since I am planning on doing the Camino Portuguese next year and the central camino Portuguese route is also available on the Viamichelin web site.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
With regards to the apps found on smartphones and tablets. My suspicions are that the full DB of Michelin data is not available as a offline app since it would take too much memory on the local device to store all the possible requirements available via the on-line web application. Viamichelin has individual standalone apps for driving, green guide, Hotels and restaurants. The Web based online system interconnects all the Michelin Guides. I was just looking at the Viamichelin web site since I am planning on doing the Camino Portuguese next year and the central camino Portuguese route is also available on the Viamichelin web site.

I think it also shows various sections of the coastal route too. Even as far north as Baiona and a little further also. That's given me a great thought for going back to Portugal!

For anyone else wondering about the Michelin APP - I've just had a reply from their customer services. The 'outdoor' map version isn't yet available on the app, but they will consider it for the future if they have enough interest.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back