• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles, obtaining credential stamps

Dttjmt

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles
We are walking the Camino Ingles mid September. As one of our group is blind we have taken the precaution of pre booking accomodation, mostly overnight stays in apartments. I suspect that apartments may not be able to stamp our credentials. Will there be alternative locations to obtain our mandatory 2 stamps per day. Any help appreciated, this is our first Camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes; not so numerous as on the Frances but pretty much every bar, cafe and many retail outlets; churches and public buildings will have one. You’ll have no difficulty.

It’s a great route and passes through authentic Galicia. The infrastructure is for the residents; not constructed for the Camino.

You will have no difficulty getting your daily stamps. As @henrythedog said, “pretty much every bar, cafe and many retail outlets; churches and public buildings will have one.” In fact, I usually have to be careful not to fill up my Credencial before reaching Santiago. Your Credencial will serve as a great souvenir of a walk that I’m sure you will enjoy. Be sure to enjoy an omelette in Betanzos. They’re some if the best that you’ll find in Spain.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are walking the Camino Ingles mid September. As one of our group is blind we have taken the precaution of pre booking accomodation, mostly overnight stays in apartments. I suspect that apartments may not be able to stamp our credentials. Will there be alternative locations to obtain our mandatory 2 stamps per day. Any help appreciated, this is our first Camino.
Welcome to the forum.
We too have used private accommodation on the Inglés. Someone will need to give you the key to the apartment so you c ask them and if they have no sello then ask them to sign, date and give the name of the apartments and place. Many do have sellos and as others have said there are plenty of cafes etc who will have them. If you are staying 2 nights anywhere then get them to sign or stamp the credential for both nights.
Buen Camino

Yes; not so numerous as on the Frances but pretty much every bar, cafe and many retail outlets; churches and public buildings will have one. You’ll have no difficulty.

It’s a great route and passes through authentic Galicia. The infrastructure is for the residents; not constructed for the Camino.
I'll agree!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A must stop is Casa Avelina Bar y Estanco, on the Camino approximately 1 km before Hospital De Bruma. It is run by 2 sisters Avelina & Mari Carmen. They are fabulous and so hospitable. They were one of the highlights of my Camino Ingles.

Don't forget you can get stamps at the Post Office and Police stations too.

You don't say where you are starting out from. If from Coruna then you'll need to get some stamps on your home ground (I got my first from Canterbury cathedral in the UK); if starting from Ferrol you should be fine.
Enjoy the Ingles, it's a bit different!

I am starting my Camino Ingles from Ferrol on August 22! Thanks for posting the information about the sellos and also some of the highlights of the trip to come. I am looking forward to it so very much!
We are pre-booking accomodation and will spend two nights in Betanzos, breaking up the stage between Betanzos and Hospital de Bruma into two days and ferrying back and forth (hopefully) via taxi. Can't wait for the adventure and the miracles that the Camino always brings!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are starting from Ferrol and walking what appears to be the standard 6 stages as laid out in the Camino Ingles guidde I'm using as a bible to the trip. The 2 15mile stages Betanzos-Bruma- Siguero are my main concern. Unsure as to how my 60 yr old knees will takeit. Again toi take any pressure off our walking we pre bookedn o as not to worry about getting to Bruma early to ensure accomodation en route.
Thanks everyone.

Don't forget you can get stamps at the Post Office and Police stations too.

You don't say where you are starting out from. If from Coruna then you'll need to get some stamps on your home ground (I got my first from Canterbury cathedral in the UK); if starting from Ferrol you should be fine.
Enjoy the Ingles, it's a bit different!
Dear Jeff, did you get just one stamp at Canterbury cathedral?

H
Dear Jeff, did you get just one stamp at Canterbury cathedral?
Hi, no, the initial one was from the cathedral (tell them at the gate you just want to get a stamp from the information office otherwise they try and charge you for entry!)
Next was St Martin's just before you leave Canterbury (oldest church in England still consecrated with daily service); St Mary's at Bekesbourne; St Margaret's at Womenswold; St Andrew's at Shepherdswell (aka Sibertswold); St Peter's at Whitfield (although they don't have a stamp the verger signed the credential) next stop is Dover but I didn't bother.
Essentially the first stages of the Via Francigena from Canterbury to the coast. Pleasant walking but accommodation is "iffy" (I live there so caught the bus home every night!)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back