• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles - planned trip with child / July 2013

gollygolly

Time of past OR future Camino
2000/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/2021/22/23
Any thoughts on which stages to do with the following provisions :

1] day 1: after over night stay there, we will start early from Ferrol
2] day 6 : will be ending the day and over night stay at Hotel Castro in Formarris, about 7kms from Santiago
3] day 7 : arrive Santiago de Compestela

This will be in July, and it will be myself and an 8 year child, who is a good walker.

Recommendations of stages to undertake, so as to where to stop at the end of day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4 and day 5 before our arrival at Hotel Castro on our day 6 will be very appreciated.

We are very open to staying at albergues and budget accommodation.

Thanks in advance....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

I was lucky enough to complete this camino last month (March 2013) and will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

In principle it looks like you have ample time. There are a couple of longer stages (30k) which have some climbs and the weather can be unpredictable (I had non stop ran for one 29km day).

John's guide is invaluable regarding planning and accommodation and I would recommend paying for a copy of this.

If you have any other queries then please let me know!

simonbarlow@hotmail.es

Buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for the couple of responses that have been sent.

Here is the current thinking :

day 1 arrive Ferrol to Neda

day 2 Ferrol to Neda 13kms approx

Day 3 Neda to Pontedeume 15 kms approx

Day 4 Pontedeume to Miño 10 kms approx

Day 5 Miño to Betanzos 9 kms approx

Day 6 Betanzos to MesĂłn de Vento (Bruma) 23 kms approx

Day 7 Bruma to Formaris 28.5 kms approx

Day 8 Formaris to Santiago 7.5 kms approx

Day 9 Santiago de Compestela

While the big bits are saved for towards the end, hopefully these two stretches will be "doable' for the 8 year old.

Big questions are :

1] recommendations for accommodation in Betanzos which is close to the route of the Camino

2] availability of water/food on route during the day 6 and day 7 described above.

Any thoughts and recent experience very welcomed.

Best

Andrew

Andrew, I walked to your schedule in 2009. There is a tourist office in Bentanoz which arranged my accomodation for me. Praza Galicia - which is on the route.

I am a diabetic and I found plenty of bars and little shops where I could obtain food and water, though I carried 1.5L as a precaution. In July you might want to make sure you keep topped up via bottles.

I am sure I do not need to tell you that you will need sun hats.

Download Johhnie Walkers guide to the Camino Ingles via http://www.csj.org.uk. It is updated frequently and is absolutely invaluable. He mentions a bar where Caroline is the owner (it is after Hospital). Do call in, she and her father are wonderful.

Between Betanzos and Bruma it is essential, as Johnnie's guide says, to carry enough food and water for most of the day. There is little in the way of bars and if Casa Julia is not open then the first cafe is at Vizoño.
You can check out our walking of the Inglés - this is the link to the Casa Julia Meson do Vento section:-
http://returntothecamino.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/casa-julia-vilacoba-to-meson-do-vento.html.
If we were walking this again we would walk Meson do Vento to Ordés, we didn't realise I was so near and had left our washing drying on the line at O Meson Novo.

Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
the plan looks good. My only concern, being a natural born worrier, is a plan B for the two long stages, especially thinking about your 8 year old companion! Siguiero will offer an option between Bruma and Santiago, but I am not sure what other possibilities there may be? No doubt others will be able to help ;-)
Simon.

Thanks again to those who have posted, including the more recent responses.

If there is exhaustion, the fall-back position at the end is to stay at Sigueiro, which 'saves' 6-7 kms walking on that day. From my reading, the intended stretch from MesĂłn de Vento to Formaris on day 7 is not so demanding as the stretch on day 6, which is the walk from Betanzos to MesĂłn de Vento.

Finally, any recommendations for friendly and not economically ruining places to stop and have a coffee/water/food that are along the Camino are welcomed.

If you download Johnnie's guide it gives stopping places and some ideas for accomodation. Download asks for a donation, or you can order a hard copy from CSJ in the UK.
One way to break the Betanzos to Bruma section is to call Meson Novo and ask them to pick you up at Casa Julia and return you there next day. It costs for the mileage and you have to make a booking to stay with them for that night as it is a help to customers only.
Johnnie has a post on this stage.
Also Meson Novo have info at http://mesonnovo.blogspot.co.uk/, including current prices etc.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you download then you do not have to carry the A Coruna to Hospital section.

I had forgotten - and should have checked - that the only time I carried food bought for the purpose was in Bentanoz to eat on the way to Hospital. Bar Julia was open but I didnt stop.

Not having stopped at Meson I did not know about the possible taxi service.

The Camino Inglés is a hilly route and my memories of the stretch beyond the Casa Julia were of a steep uphill climb (in pouring rain).

The family that ran the bar in Vizono were most welcoming and I recommend stopping there.

With an 8 year old Tia's suggestion is a good one, though I personally found the albergue at Bruma to be wonderful. The warden will drive you to Meson if you have no food to a shop, but I doubt if he could provide a taxi service from Casa Julia!

THANKS for the recommendation of the bar at Vizono, which I have now read was also featured by Johnnie Walker in his Pilgrims Guide.

Feeling much more confident that thirst and starvation will be kept at bay, as a hungry and thirsty eight year old may lose some of the incredible enthusiasm that is their for making this wonderful undertaking.

Very best to all

I agree, there is plenty of accomodation near the route in Betzanos
Betzanos to Meson de Vento is 31K and hard work! The Bar Julia has erratic opening times. I timed my walk to get there Sunady lunchtime - guaranteed to be open as used by locals then.
Agree about bar at Vizono being friendly (though it is a bit further than the 100 metres that their detour sign says). If it looks closed try the door anyway.
You will have no doubt by now read of the collection service offered by Antonio from Hostal O Meson Novo in Meson do Vento (tel no 678 585 431 or 981 692 776 or 981 696 008) whereby he will collect you from Bar Julia and deliver you back there the following day.
Yes the hill up to Bruma is tiring, especially if hot - so I really suggest you split the walk with an 8 year old.
The walk to Sigueiro is also tiring with a long open (very thirsty) unshaded stretch through the forest. I personally had had enough by the time I got to Sigueiro.
I found the walk to Santiago from there quite easy and arrived in time to visit the Pilgrims Office and still be in the Cathedral before the service. (Though next time I would go to the office later, perhaps early the next day).
Hope this helps.
PS I walked it last September.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OOOpppss in my own figures for the distance of Betanzos to the Albergue at MesĂłn de Vento (Hospital de Bruma). I read your figure of 31kms for this stretch, though somehow I have calculated this at 23 kms.

Are you sure you are correct, as I might have to go back to revising the current plan!

Best

From Betanzos to Bruma is 29 kms, to Meson do Vento itself is another 2 kms - mostly uphill.
Again all this info is in Johnnie's guide. :)

gollygolly said:
OOOpppss in my own figures for the distance of Betanzos to the Albergue at MesĂłn de Vento (Hospital de Bruma). I read your figure of 31kms for this stretch, though somehow I have calculated this at 23 kms.

Are you sure you are correct, as I might have to go back to revising the current plan!
28.8 km from Betanzos to the Albergue in Bruma, according to my google earth trace

Attachments

• Camino Ingles Betanzos to Bruma.kmz
    17.9 KB · Views: 42
  • BetanzosBrumaProfile.JPG
    BetanzosBrumaProfile.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,496
  • SigueiroSantiagoProfile.JPG
    SigueiroSantiagoProfile.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,310
  • BrumaSigueiroProfile.JPG
    BrumaSigueiroProfile.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,306
  • PonteduemeBetanzosProfile.JPG
    PonteduemeBetanzosProfile.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • FerrolPonteduemeProfile.JPG
    FerrolPonteduemeProfile.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,315
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fantastically graphic illustration of the challenges as well as the length of that stretch. Many thanks, and especially useful.

I have tried and tried to download, open and use google earth, but it seems that my old Mac is not supporting it.

Could I trouble you to post the same style google earth profile for the stretch of Bruma to Formaris (which I believe is about 6kms beyond Sigueiro)

Very appreciated

Because it is something I do without thinking, I always carry around 6 high energy bars for food, though they can make one thirsty. I should have been more careful and mentioned that.

If you have an 8 year old and you start to run low on water remember that you would probably be able to knock on doors and ask for "agua" as you shake a bottle. Your child will melt hearts in a way that I couldn't. Don't rely on people being in, but it might be a useful fall back.

Replenish at bars as often as you can.

With Vizono the bar is more than 100m but when you leave the owner will tell you to go left and then right. This is correct as the road to the bar is parallel to the Camino and by leaving to the left and going right you still end up at the motorway bridge. Retracing your steps is unnecessary and adds significantly to the distance. You won't miss anything worth retracing your steps for.

With a child I would also think about carryng taxi fare money in cash. if taxi firm numbers are up in bars, and they usually are, copy down and if you need one you will have a local driver rather than having to bring one any distance. If you do it, you wont need it, but it all helps with the reassurance that you can cope with any sort of tiredness. I have phoned a taxi and then used another to return to the same spot the next day simply because I ran out of energy. (I have multiple medical issues and your child and would probably out walk me!)

I promise you walking with your child is an experience to treasure even though mine was 21 at the time.

My thanks for this further response, which is a lovely reminder of the kindness and humanity that I have been told I will be meeting along the Camino.

I feel very blessed to have had the generosity of the responses that have so far been sent, and yours is a reminder of the incredible gift that making this undertaking with my eight old will be.

The suggestion for noting taxi numbers is a good one. Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
gollygolly said:
Could I trouble you to post the same style google earth profile for the stretch of Bruma to Formaris (which I believe is about 6kms beyond Sigueiro)
Hi, I've edited my original reply to include all the profiles for the 5 day stages between Ferrol and Santiago in one place, although I appreciate that you are spreading these out over a longer time period.

I have shaded part of the last profile from Sigueiro to Santiago and this represents the portion up to Formaris. Please note that the Camino Ingles has now been re-routed in this area and I believe that the path no longer passes through Formaris so you will need to detour off the route to get there. You may already be aware of this but if not, PM me and I can provide you with a map.

It is possible that the waymarking on the old route (which my profile reflects) is still in place, in which case you could just continue on to Santiago rather than retracing your steps to get back to the new route. Johnnie Walker may have better knowledge of this.

I hope your Camino goes well. I'm sure you and your young companion will enjoy it immensely and, as I said, drop me a PM if you need any more information.

Buen Camino
Mig

Profiles can help us to put what we are doing into perspective. We are all concerned about what we are hoping to do, and as a responsible parent even more so. So the splendid input above will help you a lot. May I put my humble two penny worth in? I found that the uphill from Pontedueme and Betzanos to be very tiring (especially the former), but we are only talking of the first 30 mins to an hour so. I am sure that your youthful offspring will survive better than this " Old F_rt"! :)
The forest stretch into Seiguero may be a little soul destroying though! Perhaps think of a picnic on the way?

Yep give me a hill rather than track into Sigueiro anytime!

Seriously, a picnic to break up that stretch is a good idea. From memory there is no cafe/bar for about 10km leading up to Sigueiro and you then have a further 8km to the hotel at Formaris.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I like that track into Sigueiro - it's the nearest the Ingles has to the Meseta or La Mancha. Character forming!

Andy

I didn't mean that I did not like the track but that I think it could be a little daunting/boring for a child to walk in one go - especially if it is hot.
I personally found the bus shelter at the end as a wonderful relief, a chance to sit in the shade!

yes - and I've got a photo of my daughter slumped in the bus shelter just before it starts. No busses when you need them though

Andy

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
that bus shelter saved my life also!

In 2009 I sent this correction to JW. I do not know if it is in the current guide.

This is on the road to Sigueiro and is some 5km after Caroline's bar.

JW. A little further on cross a main road with a bus stop which is useful for a rest on a hot day this is opposite a sign Husquarnh and a road sign to A Burata. 18kms

[2009 note: there is now a right turn just after the bus stop taking you on the Camino Real. It leads to a picnic area and a fountain. It is vital to turn left at the picnic area and not KSO. The turn right to return to the long straight broad track into Sigueiro is waymarked.]

The picnic area is a good place to rest, but you must not travel onwards. If you are walking beside a motorway you have gone worng.

Once again, I am overwhelmed at the time and trouble that many have made to helping me gain information that will assist in the Camino that is planned for July.

Very appreciated, and will assist in the planning.

Once completed, I intend to return to this forum and give something of a resume of how it went.

All the best

Andrew

Do not underestimate the number of hills along the route. It will be tough especially if it is warm for an eight year old!

I walked the route last September with a friend and rarely a week goes by still that we are talking about it and going over our photos...you can have a giggle by reading our Blog here...

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/m00nman72/1/tpod.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for the link to the blog - and yes, it is a fun read along with the YouTube links.

I am full of concern that the walk is going to be a great challenge, while the 8 year old is full of enthusiasm to get going NOW!

Will, in time, be posting how it all goes...

All the best

We returned from Santiago late last night, having had a wonderful experience on the Camino.

First, many thanks to all who previously posted and offered advice and support. Second, an equally big thank you to that higher authority responsible for the weather, as on each of those days that we walked the temperature remained at a very tolerable level.

As for the distances and stages, I am not sure if I can accurately say what distances we walked, as there is some variation in the distance recorded on the app from that shown in the guide as well as that shown on Google earth. I would really like to know which is accurate! What I can record with accuracy is the time taken walking each day :

18th July arrived at Ferrol and stayed at Hotel El Suizo, which is highly recommended.

19th July left Ferrol at km 0 at 07:35am and arrived Neda at 12:35pm, and stayed at the Albergue - PÂş. MarĂ­timo. There were no more than 9 pelegrinos staying, so a quiet night.

20th July left Neda at 08:06am and arrived at Pontedeume at 13:25pm. Stayed at the Albergue just to the right after crossing the bridge into the town. A lovely place, and no more than 14 pelegrinos staying, so some spare spaces.

21st July left Pontedeume at 07:20am and arrived at Miño at 11:15am. The Albuerge, in Rúa Marismas, is a good walk away from the Camino, but it is worth it, being very quiet and with good facilities, along with very friendly volunteers overseeing the facility. This might vary, as the volunteer staff do change, but while we were there they made a big fuss of my young daughter.

22nd July left Miño at 07:28am and arrived at Betanzos at 11:17am. We stayed at a hotel that we had booked previously, as we did not know there is now an Albuerge in Betanzos. We regretted not knowing about the Albuerge, which opened in mid-May this year. The Albuerge is located in the Casa da Pesqueira, a fantastic building with wonderful facilities where there are 32 places available in the usual bunk bed accommodation. The street where the Albuerge is located is Rua Pescaderia, and is well sign posted as you make the final climb up into the town.

23rd July left Betanzos at 05.:36am and arrived at Bruma at 14:00pm, the first of those staying at Bruma to arrive. We stayed at the Albuerge, with about 8 or 9 other pelegrinos, which was far fewer than we had expected.

24th July left Bruma at 06:05am and arrived at Formaris at 16:40pm, staying at the Hotel Castro, which is right by the Camino. This day was far further and tougher than I had expected, but the bath in the hotel helped the recovery! The restaurant of the hotel, while not expensive, was above the prices we had been paying so far.

25th July left Formaris at 06:02am and arrived at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compestela at 09:15am (and only then learned of the tragic train crash).

There are so many details that I could add, but at this moment I will write that while the going was tough towards the end, especially the penultimate day, the young girl, my daughter of only 8 years and 3 months old, never once complained and was bouncing up each morning, quickly getting ready and wanting to go. In short, in this single experience, it seems that this Camino is quite "doable" for a young child.

At a personal level, I would love to write that this Camino is the one for finding good coffee and a great croissant each morning, but despite all my efforts at visualisation, this is a Camino where there are very few opportunities for stopping at a bar in the early morning for, in my case, the personally required coffee.

As for those hills, I had imagined that the day going forward from Betanzos was going to be really tough, but in the end it was not as bad as I had feared. The distance from Bruma to Formaris was, however, personally tough, especially as was carrying the young one's back pack as well as my own for the last 3 days.

I hope that this may assist, and if anyone can confirm the absolute distances for the above stages, it will be very appreciated.

Bueno Camino a todos

Congratulations on completing your Camino. If you want to check distances on our blog we walked with a pedometer which is pretty accurate. Differences will be that the albergue at Neda is 2 kms from the Hotel Kensington, and we added 2kms from Bruma by going to Meson Novo and about 1 - 1.5km getting back on route next morning. The final day (20kms) included some walking around in Santiago so you could take off a couple of kms for a more accurate assessment of your own Camino.
The relevent section of the blog is all May 2011 and as far as I can see all the posts have distances written in them, mostly within the text.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
GollyGolly - congratulations to you both on your Camino and hopefully the start of many many more to come. Also glad to hear the hills were all manageable and your daughter enjoyed it.

I walked the first five days of El Camino del Norte in the Basque Country back in July with my wife and two sons (10 and 13 yrs old). They too absolutely loved every minute and we are already planning another 5 days next year, all being well!

Well done!

Congratulations on completing your Camino. If you want to check distances on our blog we walked with a pedometer which is pretty accurate. Differences will be that the albergue at Neda is 2 kms from the Hotel Kensington, and we added 2kms from Bruma by going to Meson Novo and about 1 - 1.5km getting back on route next morning. The final day (20kms) included some walking around in Santiago so you could take off a couple of kms for a more accurate assessment of your own Camino.
The relevent section of the blog is all May 2011 and as far as I can see all the posts have distances written in them, mostly within the text.
Loved your blog but couldn't see how to write this on the blog site.
My plan is for Camino Ingles next May/June. But you know what they say about plans.... if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!
Buen camino Tia!

Stephen, I will be walking the Ingles again in June next year, starting at Ferrol on 10th June. My walking buddy will be turning 90 and we are planning a max of about 10km per day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Loved your blog but couldn't see how to write this on the blog site.
My plan is for Camino Ingles next May/June. But you know what they say about plans.... if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!
Buen camino Tia!
Stephan and@sillydoll
My wife and I are planning to walk the camino Inglès in May or June 2014.
We plan to go with our car and caravan to Santiago , leave them at a campingsite and take the bus to Ferrol and walk back to Santiago.If we like we also walk to Cabo Fisterre.After the walking we make a tour round Portugal to visit all the beautifull places we went this year during our caminho Portuges

Stephan and@sillydoll
My wife and I are planning to walk the camino Inglès in May or June 2014.
We plan to go with our car and caravan to Santiago , leave them at a campingsite and take the bus to Ferrol and walk back to Santiago.If we like we also walk to Cabo Fisterre.After the walking we make a tour round Portugal to visit all the beautifull places we went this year during our caminho Portuges
Interesting .... I would LOVE to walk from the UK, then boat..... as they did in medieval times! However, I think I may fly to SdC then bus to Ferrol. How often do busses go from SdC to Ferrol? I intend to start planning 'properly' after Christmas. One thing at a time!
Buen camino Ingles!

Interesting .... I would LOVE to walk from the UK, then boat..... as they did in medieval times! However, I think I may fly to SdC then bus to Ferrol. How often do busses go from SdC to Ferrol? I intend to start planning 'properly' after Christmas. One thing at a time!
Buen camino Ingles!

Hola Stephan,

Does exist a ferrylink from UK to Ferrol or a Coruña ?

As far as I can see there is a ferry link from Portsmouth to Santander but this is not what we want I think unless you will walk the camino del norte.

Here on Dutch TV the other day I learned in a travel program that there exists a travelagent who can book you on cargoships who take some passengers with them but than you must be a lucky guy to find a ship that sails to Ferrol.

Anyway We will take our own home with us by towing our caravan. So we come by car all te way. (About 2700 kms from Rotterdam where we live -we take our time. Pensionados. :). )

I do not know about your knowledge of the Spanish language- you lived some time in Spain as I remembered reading this somewhere- but this is wwhat I found on the pagina web of MONBUS, a company who mantains the connections between many places in Galicia, departing from the busstation in Santiago. So different possibilities to get from there to Ferrol every day.

Ruta del autobĂşs Ferrol
Horarios de Autobuses desde Santiago de Compostela a Ferrol

Salidas de la EstaciĂłn de Autobuses de Santiago. Itinerario: Santiago-Pontedeume-Fene-Ferrol)

Salidas de Santiago destino a Ferrol por AP-9

Laborables: 9:15, 11, 13:30, 16:10, 18, 19:30, 20:30

Sábados: 9:20,11,13:30,16,18, 20:30

Domingos/Festivos: 9:20,13:30,18,19:30,21

Salidas de Ferrol destino Santiago:

Laborables: 8:40, 11:30, 13, 15:40, 17:15, 18:40, 20:40

Sábados: 8:40,11:30,13:30,15:40,18:40

Domingos: 8:40,11:30,15:40,17:15, 18:40, 20

Best regards

Albertinho

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Albertinho - THANK YOU! That is all good information. It looks like a flight to SdC [thanks, Johnnie] then a bus to Ferrol. I hope our paths cross next year. Planning [only in my mind at the moment] probably last 2 weeks in May OR last in May, 1st in June.
Buen camino Albertinho!

Albertinho - THANK YOU! That is all good information. It looks like a flight to SdC [thanks, Johnnie] then a bus to Ferrol. I hope our paths cross next year. Planning [only in my mind at the moment] probably last 2 weeks in May OR last in May, 1st in June.
Buen camino Albertinho!
Stephan. As far as we are concerned now , we start driving to Santiago beginning of May 2014. We have to drive about 1500 miles from here to Santiago with slow speed of about 60 miles/h and we are doing about 250 miles per day.If we are at an interesting place we stay another night so I expect to arrive nearby Santiago in aproximately 10 days or so .to get settled on a camping site and prepared to go to Ferrol so there is a good change to meet each other somewhere .

We still have some time...by then I will send you a pm for exchanging mobile telephonenumbers. Okay ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Stephan. As far as we are concerned now , we start driving to Santiago beginning of May 2014. We have to drive about 1500 miles from here to Santiago with slow speed of about 60 miles/h and we are doing about 250 miles per day.If we are at an interesting place we stay another night so I expect to arrive nearby Santiago in aproximately 10 days or so .to get settled on a camping site and prepared to go to Ferrol so there is a good change to meet each other somewhere . We still have some time...by then I will send you a pm for exchanging mobile telephonenumbers. Okay ?
Perfect!
Hasta Mayo!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back