• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Question

BetzNH

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June (2013), April 2014, 2016, 2018, CP Coastal 2019
Hello all... I am just wondering about services on the Ingles. I have a guide book (a little out of date) that indicates that there is no food in Hospital de Bruma, and that you should bring some with you. Can anyone give me an update as to food and accommodations along that trail?? Please and thank you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is now a bar/restaurant in Hospital de Bruma serving a menu peregrino. Very close to the albergue. Before it opened the hospitalero used to take orders for an evening meal which was delivered to the albergue by a local restaurant. Including wine and proper plates and cutlery :) The new routing now takes you past a friendly bar a few km before Bruma. For the past few years there has always been food available in Bruma at least for an evening meal.

Thank you ... my guidebook is a tad old. Your response is very helpful!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Meson do Vento is about 1 km north of the route and there are a couple of bar restaurants and a petrol station if you need water. I have also heard that there is a mobile shop that visits Bruma but unfortunately I don't know it's schedule.

We are on the Camino ingles now. Yesterday we arrived in ferrol loads of cafes open for food we had coffee at the port. We did not pass any cafes after leaving ferrol until we reached Naron. We bought an empanadas from ferrol and ate it in a lovely park with picnic tables. An evening meal was difficult as pension marogota and Kensington do not do food on a Sunday. We had an OK pizza Will update as we continue on the ingles

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello all... I am just wondering about services on the Ingles. I have a guide book (a little out of date) that indicates that there is no food in Hospital de Bruma, and that you should bring some with you. Can anyone give me an update as to food and accommodations along that trail?? Please and thank you.

I walked it in November, we prearranged pickup at the Bruma albergue by the Meson de Vento hotel owner given the albergue is small, damp, outdoor washroom only and no food but kitchen for food prep. Next morning we walked on not losing any Camino kilometres.

Yes there is a bar about 100m from the albergue. And yes there is a small mobile shop that turns up late afternoon. Biggest concern at Bruma is number of beds. But the hospitalera will help in finding a taxi to other accommodation.

Just lucky enough to have stayed at Bruma with the helpful hospiterios. Correos delivered Bags can be accepted there...what a stay! We had three lovely young Americans who entertained us with soft jazz by the babbling brook in the sunshine. A little taste of yoga ensued since we were sitting on yoga mats.. Then we all went across the road for a wonderful pilgrim menu....what an afternoon & evening with such special people including the infamous Gerda and her husband Pat from Ireland.( From the forum)
Best ever day & night on the Ingles!!!
Love

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We are on the Camino ingles now. Yesterday we arrived in ferrol loads of cafes open for food we had coffee at the port. We did not pass any cafes after leaving ferrol until we reached Naron. We bought an empanadas from ferrol and ate it in a lovely park with picnic tables. An evening meal was difficult as pension marogota and Kensington do not do food on a Sunday. We had an OK pizza Will update as we continue on the ingles
I will start from F on June 30. I'm a little fearful of being alone. Are there many other pilgrims?

May 7-14 we counted 54 other unique pilgrims on the Ingles. Most of the time we saw no one else, except when starting in the morning and again in the evening.

If you're at the Pension Maragoto on a Sunday, there's a Dia market in town not far away for getting a picnic. That's what we ended up doing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We have seen a lot more today mainly in cafes along the way. We walked from betanzos and we're pleased to find more cafes than expected. We had a lovely meal in Bruma where there were15 pilgrims eating

May 7-14 we counted 54 other unique pilgrims on the Ingles. Most of the time we saw no one else, except when starting in the morning and again in the evening.

If you're at the Pension Maragoto on a Sunday, there's a Dia market in town not far away for getting a picnic. That's what we ended up doing.
How desolate is It? Are there frequent farms or villages? I am really nervous about being alone.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We're there other pilgrims starting out?

Meson do Vento near Bruma has affordable accommodation as well as providing food. The owner and his son are great people. Johnny Walker has produced guides for the Ingles and they were available on the forum. I believe the routing has changed for the Ingles recently, so your older guide will probably be different to the new route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It might also be an idea to get an updated guidebook, as the trail as well as the amenities have changed in the last couple of years, or even a recent app to supplement the paper maps?
Absolutely - I will do that before I leave. Thank you Just wanted to check before I got the book to see what people found out there!

Wow .. thank you all so much! This is such great information. (Walking Lover... I think, as with everything - if you keep your wits about you ... you will be fine. Your other choice is to take a more popular route if you are really nervous. I am sure all will be fine). Buen Camino

We walked the Ingles last summer and never had any issues finding accommodation, food, etc. It was a good balance for meeting other people without being overcrowded. I cannot compare to other Caminos seeing as we have not walked any at this moment in time.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just lucky enough to have stayed at Bruma with the helpful hospiterios. Correos delivered Bags can be accepted there...what a stay! We had three lovely young Americans who entertained us with soft jazz by the babbling brook in the sunshine. A little taste of yoga ensued since we were sitting on yoga mats.. Then we all went across the road for a wonderful pilgrim menu....what an afternoon & evening with such special people including the infamous Gerda and her husband Pat from Ireland.( From the forum)
Best ever day & night on the Ingles!!!
Love
I'm planning to walk the Ingles this October and am hoping to use Correos, since my companion and I are in our late 70's. I'm wondering which albergues will NOT accept delivered bags. The one at Bruma is a municipal albergue, isn't it? I thought they wouldn't accept transported bags. Is that where you stayed?

According to Correous they will. If you search for Correos paq mochilla you will find a good website with all accommation including albergues that accept luggage

Cost 20 euros for whole of Camino ingles

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ingles is quiet, which is one of the attractions of it, compared to more popular caminos. I would not worry about not having a queue of pilgrims in front of you. The ingles is safe.

The one thing you need to bear in mind is that bars, restaurants and shops may be 2 hours between eachother. So you need to take water, snacks and food to keep you going

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.