• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Routes in England

Jacobus

Pilgrim since 2008
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés(2008,09 14)
Del Norte (2011)
Portuguese(2015,2017)
Inglés 2015
Fisterre (2015 17)
I am contemplating a dual purpose Camino Ingles. The physical aspect will be to walk from Winchester following the North Downs Way to Canterbury then on to Dover and back to Winchester via the South Downs way.
The above route to be done after walking from Preston Lancs to Sheffield.
Both of these routes will allow me to visit sites in which my ancestors lived prior to the emigration to Canada.

So on to my questions...
1. Is there a walkable route that would join Sheffield to Winchester?
2. Are any of the routes considered part of the CdeS?
3. Historically which city was the typical departure city from England to Ferrol? (Last year I did the Ingles from Ferrol)

Any advice you might offer would be more than welcome. My genealogical background is 100% English but I have never been there

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am contemplating a dual purpose Camino Ingles. The physical aspect will be to walk from Winchester following the North Downs Way to Canterbury then on to Dover and back to Winchester via the South Downs way.
The above route to be done after walking from Preston Lancs to Sheffield.
Both of these routes will allow me to visit sites in which my ancestors lived prior to the emigration to Canada.

So on to my questions...
1. Is there a walkable route that would join Sheffield to Winchester?
2. Are any of the routes considered part of the CdeS?
3. Historically which city was the typical departure city from England to Ferrol? (Last year I did the Ingles from Ferrol)

Any advice you might offer would be more than welcome. My genealogical background is 100% English but I have never been there

Hi Jacobus, I can't answer any of your questions, but I may be able to offer you a bed for the night when you arrive in Sheffield. Bear it in mind !

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back