• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles - some pics...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
These are great John! Nothing wrong with the technology!

very nice, John. Isn't the 'Hospital de Bruma' caption on the wrong photo? Any particular reason why you've not made these publicly available? And if they have geotags, we can plot them on those maps we were discussing :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yikes Peter - you're talking Geotags when I've just bought a digital camera, uploaded pics for the first time and after considerable experimentation just about managed to create a slide show!

Geotages and interactive downloadable guidebooks next - phew!

I've corrected the caption to read "A scene on the route from A Coruna to Hospital de Bruma" if that's the one to which you were referring. :)

Johnnie
Editing, writing, hiking, recruiting help, and now manipulating major technologies!
All the time you are surpassing yourself!
(and the pics are lovely too... takes me right back!)

Great photos Johnnie...... you give me wanderlust again.... just when I need to stay home and work for a while!!!
Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
HI John,
Wonderful photos! Congratulations on your technological accomplishments! :) So many routes, so little time......

Buen Camino,

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks for posting these photos John.

I'm now actually thinking of doing this route next year.

Anyone else got any photos to post?

I walked the Camino Ingles in early September, and here is a link to my pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/laurie.reyn ... oIngles08#

I just took another look at them, and there is one picture that I cannot figure out. It looks like a shot of everything a pilgrim might throw on the ground during a rest stop, but why I would take that picture is beyond me. And I can't figure out how to delete it. But the rest are more scenic, I think.

Red Kite, I liked this Camino very much. The first part up to Betanzos is very scenic, but all pavement. The second part on to Santiago is much more off road, but not as pretty, IMO. Lots of eucalyptus all the way. One thing I didn't see on the Ingles were a lot of cows, unlike most Caminos in Galicia, but Rebekah told me they're all off in big industrial CAFOs nearby.

Laurie

Lovely PIctures, Laurie!

The one you captioned "See the Cathedral spires?" made me look twice! The little cafe at the bottom of those stairs - the umbrellas in your photo - is one of the best I found in Santiago! Virtually no pilgrims go there, it must be a well kept secret - it is all locals, and their tapas are to die for! They bring a plate with a variety of tapas with every copa, whether a limonada or an albariño! Unfortunately the name escapes me at the moment... so I guess the secret is safe with me! :oops:

Buen Camino,

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Deidre,

I think the place you are referring to used to be an Irish or English Pub type place. I noticed it was gone the last time I was in Santiago and this was the replacement. I think that the street is Rodrigo de Padron. I figured that out because I can see down the street the sign for the Pension 25 de Julio, and that's the address they list. So at least people will now be able to find it! I'll be sure to try it next time. Laurie

I do know that the PensiĂłn 25 de julio is just down the street (across from the guardia civil) because I stayed there in June when I went to Santiago (It's a nice place, though not cheap, but includes breakfast) to meet a friend who was arriving from the Camino del norte. That's when I found the cafe and when I arrived in Santiago from my Camino in August, I took my new Spanish friends there! I'm terrible about writing down the names of places... I remember where there are and can usually find them again, but can't tell anyone else! :roll:
Buen Camino,

Ah Laurie!Those bus shelter stops in the rain! Quite often they are big enough for the bicycles too!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
OOOOH!

And what IS that black thing balanced on the staffs discarded at the airport?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
yes it was a wet camino but the highs were better for it, the hot drinks the warm welcomes,the clink of glasses as we congratulated ourselves at the end of the day,it was our camino and we loved it and I'm sure the doctors can sort rosie out (she's depressed she put on 3lbs) I lost 4lbs somewhere near Bruma (meaning mist) and meson de venta ( wind).
the most treasured item we carried was not the corkscrew which was invaluable but the travelling kettle which was a life saver and worth the extra weight that rosie carried :wink:
Ian and Rosie

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back