A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Camino Ingles + spa/relaxing ideas for Santiago?

Heera

Camino(s) past & future
sivuhsiv
Hi all - doing the camino ingles next month and I'm really excited! It'll be my first ever camino and as a journalist I'll be documenting it, probably either through video or maybe even through a travel journal. Has anyone done it + got any tips?
free netflix tech news

Also - feel like I'd enjoy a good massage/something spa-y after the hike if anyone's ever done anything similar in Santiago!

Last edited:

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Hi all - doing the camino ingles next month and I'm really excited! It'll be my first ever camino and as a journalist I'll be documenting it, probably either through video or maybe even through a travel journal. Has anyone done it + got any tips?
Also - feel like I'd enjoy a good massage/something spa-y after the hike if anyone's ever done anything similar in Santiago!
Hi, Heera and welcome to the Forum.

There is a specific sub-forum dedicated to the Camino Ingles; you might want to look at it. The search engine may be also be able to help you research your questions. I didn't understand if the kind of 'tips' you were looking for was for doing a video or walking a camino. :)

There are several good YouTube published videos covering the Camino Ingles, so that may help you get a feel of what the Ingles is like.

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

My suggestion to start is this:
  1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I will look forward to your account of your camino. I am planning to walk the Ingles in August. Planning! Reality will tell its own tale. As you can see I have no tips, I will instead be looking for yours! Buen camino...

willydp

Camino(s) past & future
Programmed C Inglés for "7-12 June 2019"
I'm looking forward too to read and see your experience because I'm going to walk the Inglés in June 👍
Buen Camino 🌞

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
I’ve personally not been to any in Santiago, but there are many options. Depending on your budget, if you want to go all out, stay at the five star Hotel Spa Relais & Châteaux (a Quinta da Agua hotel). Luxury hotels are cheaper in Galicia than in the US, so it may not actually be outrageous pricewise. For example, I got a 90 minute sports massage in the coastal town of O Grove that cost 20€. I thought she said 200€ and I was ready to pay it (post-camino pain)!!

The Spanish word for spa is “balneario”, so Google maps can be helpful if no one here has a personal recommendation.

I too look forward to reading / watching whatever you create on your journey! Be sure to let us know where we can find it when the time comes! Buen camino!

peb

Camino(s) past & future
C. Ingles March 2018
NH Collection Santiago de Compostela had a good swimming pool and jacuzzi post camino. Did not have a massage, but the pool certainly helped my body recover.

Part way through, the suite in the Hotel Garelos in Betanzos had a jacuzzi bath. Was like magic lying in there in the evening after walking from Pontedeume and in the morning before the tough long stage up to Hospital de Bruma and beyond. My tired legs were reborn. You needed to take a small bottle of your favourite relaxing bubble bath / bath salts though.

March is muddy. Wear good waterproof walking boots

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.8%