• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles walking from Santiago to A Coruña

federico

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 11 & 14
Norte & Ingles 15
Portuguese 16
Via de la Plata 17
Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 17
Has anyone walked this route in reverse that can advise on finding the arrows? Starting my camino in Cadiz next month and would like to continue on to north coast. Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Has anyone walked this route in reverse that can advise on finding the arrows? Starting my camino in Cadiz next month and would like to continue on to north coast. Thanks
I have walked a number of routes in reverse and find that the signage is much more difficult to follow. Also with virtually no one else walking in reverse I was on my own all the time.

Another option for the Camino Ingles for you would be to take the bus from Santiago to Ferrol and walk back to Santiago which would be easier to follow the waymarks, meet a few other people and means you could also get a Compostela. The bus service from Santiago bus station is run by Monbus and there are several each day. It only takes about 1hr 20mins and costs about 10 euros.

Agreed Mike, I wouldn't usually but in this situation I like the continuity. I have walked the Camino Ingles from Ferrol in 2015 but the route will look quite different going north.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have not walked this route in reverse but I have walked from Ferrol a few times. I think the hardest part might be finding the way out of Santiago, possibly as far as Hotel San Vicente on the main road because the way in has changed a few times. When I walked last November it had changed completely and followed part of the main road so there may be conflicting arrows. Also after Sigueiro there is the long straight stretch through the trees but if you have walked before I think it should be fine.

If you aren't averse to technology, I would think walking in reverse having the route map downloaded to a map app on your phone would be easy enough. Miguel_gp had posted one for the English Route; I can find the link and re-post here if you'd like it.

I downloaded his kmz files to the "maps.me" app for both the Camino Ingles and Portuguese downloaded. It shows the actual route and also businesses (hotels, stores, some restaurants) and was extremely helpful when I had to leave the route (like on the Portuguese when I ran out of water and the path wasn't taking me through town) to go to a grocery store and then find my way back.

It certainly would be interesting to walk it in reverse ... the best part would be walking DOWN the big hill after Bruma! :p Buen Camino to you!!

Miguel_gp had posted one for the English Route; I can find the link and re-post here if you'd like it.
Thanks, I would appreciate the link. It would be great to have a backup along with Johnny Walker's guide.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back