• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles

jerry felty

Hola Perigrinos.....I am preparing to fly into Acoruna from Columbus Ohio on April 1. Due to some health issues I'm unsure if I can walk the entire way to Santiago, but I plan to be there one way or the other for Easter Sunday service on April 8. If I walk all the way it would be great, but it may take more than 3 days. My question: does anyone know about Os Campanos and the walking distance from Acoruna? It may be a practical first stop for me. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Gracias, Jerry (61 and goin'' walkin' )

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola Jerry,

I've walked the Coruna leg of the Ingles a couple of times but don't recognise Os Campanos. Is this a place or a hotel/hostal? Will try to help out if you can supply a bit more info as to where/what this is. Failing that Johnnie Walker from the forum is the "main man" for the Ingles route and may be able to help you out.

Regards
Mig

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Miguel....I read on someone's blog describing their Camino Ingles trek that they stayed at Os Camponos the first night out from Acoruna, but you're right...I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else I don't think. I have J Walker's guide and wondered why I didn't see it listed in there. I see that the Hostal Meson Vascal is 12 Kl. from Acoruna...perhaps that would be a good destination for me. Thanks for your response to this first timer.

Hi Jerry,

you'll enjoy it. I walked from A Coruna with my 15 year old daughter last October and it was very good. Let us know if we can help at all. John's Guide is excellent - follow the advice and instructions in that to work out a schedule that suits you, and you'll be fine.

buen camino

Andy

hello, I'm trying to learn how to use the forum :) I?m travelling alone from Ferrol to Santiago from the 25th of August, I'm a bit worried to go alone ..is anybody do the same at the same time? thanks Barbara from Italy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
lighthouse34 said:
....I really hope to find new friends on the way....
Hi Barbara, as Johnnie says you should find other pilgrims on the Ingles route in August but you are already on your way and you have already found new friends, here on the forum!

Buen Camino
Mig

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sorry I will just miss you. I arrive in A Coruna on August 28th and walk from Ferrol on 1st

I will look out for any bodies lying by the wayside! haha

Buen Camino
Allan

A selection of Camino Jewellery
lighthouse34 said:
Thank you John,
I really hope to find new friends on the way. I'll write you an email, thanks !!

I am intrigued. Did you find new friends on the way?

Yes Jennysa, it would be nice to know. My own experience was that it was perhaps a little to short to form more than passing friendship. By the way I didn't find Barbara's body on the way, so it looks like she made it! ;-)
allan

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.