• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles

Jane Watt

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2019
My daughter and I have pledged to do the CF together, SJPdP to Finisterre in 2019 when she has finished her GCSE’s. This august, as usual, we are going on holiday to La Coruna for 2 weeks so we thought we could include a “taster” Camino during that period and that Neda to Santiago would be a good route.

We would like to stay in albergues where possible but are welcome to suggestions of how to break up the trip and where to stay en route.

Do you think that this is possible to do in 4 days (3 nights) for a 14 year old girl and her Mum?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, have you considered walking from A Coruna to Santiago? This is a legitimate waymarked route although it is not long enough to qualify for the Compostela on its own. You can however walk part of the distance in your home country and include that in your overall distance if the Compostela is important to you. Coruna can be walked in 3 or 4 days.

From Neda is also possible in 4 days but a tougher walk in terms of distance and undulation.

Hi, have you considered walking from A Coruna to Santiago? This is a legitimate waymarked route although it is not long enough to qualify for the Compostela on its own. You can however walk part of the distance in your home country and include that in your overall distance if the Compostela is important to you. Coruna can be walked in 3 or 4 days.

From Neda is also possible in 4 days but a tougher walk in terms of distance and undulation.

We are lucky enough to have the option of being able so take 5 or even 6 days to complete it if necessary but on the other hand I don't want to take to much of our family time away (my husband and other daughter won't join us for the Camino) - however, we would like to try and complete 100k + to get our campostela :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We are lucky enough to have the option of being able so take 5 or even 6 days to complete it if necessary but on the other hand I don't want to take to much of our family time away (my husband and other daughter won't join us for the Camino) - however, we would like to try and complete 100k + to get our campostela :)
Is there somewhere in between Mino and Bruma for an overnight stay?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, Jane,

There is very nice renovated albergue in an old house in the old city center in Betanzos on this leg.
I walked Ingles last summer and because of injury did short stages so I stayed in every albergue along the way which makes 7 of them: Xubia (Albergue de Neda), Pontedeume, Mino, Betanzos, Presedo, Hospital de Bruma, Sigueiro.
Anyway take a look here https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles and you'll find all the info on albergues and other accommodation as well.

Wish you a nice Camino!

Hi Jane!
Yes, you can stay at the alburgue in Presedo. I met some pilgrims who do the walk from Mino to Presedo. I, however, walked there from Betanzos.

Hi Jane,

Regarding your original query, I would also highly suggest the Johnnie Walker guide so you have a better idea of the stages and accommodations. It is my understanding that you can get a Compestela from beginning in Coruna if you do the missed KMs in you hometown before you leave - there are posts on the Forum in the Ingles section regarding this. With a start in Coruna you could definitely make it in 4 days.

If you're a strong walker I think you could do a start in Ferrol in (4) days but I'm guessing the last leg would be Hospital de Bruma to Santiago which for me would be too much but I saw others who happily did it. I am a self proclaimed slow walker that enjoys taking breaks so I did the Ingles in 8 day, enjoying the beach towns at the beginning of the walk. Most people did it in 5 or 6 I feel.

The Ingles is a beautiful route and I hope you enjoy it with your daughter!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.