• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino ingles

ljjenkins

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles
Hi was planning to walking the Camino ingles in may. I was seeking best stop off routes from ferrol to Santiago de compestela? Any nice hotels along to the way would be great. TIA regards

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello! I'm walking that route myself, starting next week.

Message me in mid-April and I'll tell you what I found along the Way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi was planning to walking the Camino ingles in may. I was seeking best stop off routes from ferrol to Santiago de compestela? Any nice hotels along to the way would be great. TIA regards
Hola - I'd likewise recommend the parador in Ferrol - special Pilgrim rate available for Parador "Amigos".
Otherwise, Betanzos is an interesting town with lots to see and do - not in the same league as the Parador, but we stayed in Hotel Garelos which was excellent.
The town of Mino on the Camino route between Pontedueme & Betanzos is in a beautiful setting and staying anywhere around would be a good idea!
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Miño and the beach! There is a municipal albergue there, but it is still closed. Almost no one stops here because it is in the middle of a stage. The municipal albergue in Betanzos is pretty nice too. If you do not stop in Presedo, where the albergue is only barely OK, you MUST stop in Presedo at the Mesón Museo. The food is great, there is access from the trail, and the place itself is most interesting with the owner/artist's work. Have a wonderful Camino!

Casa Rural Costa De Egoa, and Casa Rural Dona Maria are both great places to stay.

I'm also walking the Ingles next week (Sunday-Wednesday). Maybe I'll see you on "the way".
It sounds like you might be walking faster than me!

I'll be starting from Ferrol on Saturday, aiming to stop at Neda for the first night.

So maybe you'll catch me up on the way to Pontedeume!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here are my accommodations from '19:
DateTravel fromTravel toAccommodationsPriceFlight/HotelCancellation
Friday June 28
United 163
IADMadrid1572.635:40 p.m. – 7:40 a.m.
Saturday, June 29
Europa
MadridA CorunaEuropa express, UX 7235$1802:20 – 3:35
Need a bus to Ferrol
Saturday, June 29SantiagoFerrolHotel America
34 981 37 02 08
$37Sanchez Calvino, 70 - 76
Sunday, June 30Ferrol

Neda

Sobre la villa 12
$28

65 Euro
Rio Pereiro, 6- 8 15570 Naron, Spain

Calle de Sobre a Villa 12, Neda 15510
Monday, July 1NedaPontedeumeO Cruceiro
34 981 43 01 85
$33O Cruceiro 1, CampolongoJune 28, no charge
Tuesday, July 2PontBetanzosLa Casona de Betanzos
34 655 17 83 84
$45Lugar de Queiris 60June 30, no charge
Wednesday, July 3BetanzosHospital de Bruma (O Meson de Vento)Hotel Canaima
34 981 69 28 91
$41.86Hotel Canaima
Rua Santiago Apostal, 67, 15689 OMeson de Vento
Paid already
Thursday, July 4Meson de VentoSigueiroAlbergue Camino Real Sigueiro Apart$56Calle Ourense, numero 9, bajo, 15888 Sigueiro, SpainJuly 1 at no cost

Friday, July 5SigueiroSantiagoHotel Universal
34 981 58 58 00
$77.91Plaza Galicia, 2, 15706 Santiago de CNo refund
Saturday, July 6Fly to Madrid 6:15 a.m. (need a taxi at 4:30 a.m.)Madrid – Marriott Auditorium Hotel and Conf CenterRyanair C2CJKM,
PW BPSwp6668*
$80
Sunday, July 7Fly home11:15 a.m. United Flight 164IAD – 2:00 p.m.

Here are my accommodations from '19:
DateTravel fromTravel toAccommodationsPriceFlight/HotelCancellation
Friday June 28
United 163
IADMadrid1572.635:40 p.m. – 7:40 a.m.
Saturday, June 29
Europa
MadridA CorunaEuropa express, UX 7235$1802:20 – 3:35
Need a bus to Ferrol
Saturday, June 29SantiagoFerrolHotel America
34 981 37 02 08
$37Sanchez Calvino, 70 - 76
Sunday, June 30Ferrol

Neda

Sobre la villa 12
$28

65 Euro
Rio Pereiro, 6- 8 15570 Naron, Spain

Calle de Sobre a Villa 12, Neda 15510
Monday, July 1NedaPontedeumeO Cruceiro
34 981 43 01 85
$33O Cruceiro 1, CampolongoJune 28, no charge
Tuesday, July 2PontBetanzosLa Casona de Betanzos
34 655 17 83 84
$45Lugar de Queiris 60June 30, no charge
Wednesday, July 3BetanzosHospital de Bruma (O Meson de Vento)Hotel Canaima
34 981 69 28 91
$41.86Hotel Canaima
Rua Santiago Apostal, 67, 15689 OMeson de Vento
Paid already
Thursday, July 4Meson de VentoSigueiroAlbergue Camino Real Sigueiro Apart$56Calle Ourense, numero 9, bajo, 15888 Sigueiro, SpainJuly 1 at no cost
Friday, July 5SigueiroSantiagoHotel Universal
34 981 58 58 00
$77.91Plaza Galicia, 2, 15706 Santiago de CNo refund
Saturday, July 6Fly to Madrid 6:15 a.m. (need a taxi at 4:30 a.m.)Madrid – Marriott Auditorium Hotel and Conf CenterRyanair C2CJKM,
PW BPSwp6668*
$80
Sunday, July 7Fly home11:15 a.m. United Flight 164IAD – 2:00 p.m.
perfect! Thank you for the stops and some ideas where to stay, have a great trip x

I would be coming from the US and I’m wondering what the best city to fly into for the Camino Inglés and the best way to get to Ferrol?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would be coming from the US and I’m wondering what the best city to fly into for the Camino Inglés and the best way to get to Ferrol?
@NancC, I think it is best to fly into La Coruña, then take either the train or the bus to Ferrol from there. Both stations land you in about the same place in Ferrol.

Once in A Coruña the bus line to take to Ferrol is Arriva. These buses run almost every 1/2 hour in peak times, so you are sure to get a convenient connection.

Alternatively, if you prefer the train, Renfe is the line from A Coruña to Ferrol.
Good luck and happy planning!

@NancC, I think it is best to fly into La Coruña, then take either the train or the bus to Ferrol from there. Both stations land you in about the same place in Ferrol.

Once in A Coruña the bus line to take to Ferrol is Arriva. These buses run almost every 1/2 hour in peak times, so you are sure to get a convenient connection.

Alternatively, if you prefer the train, Renfe is the line from A Coruña to Ferrol.
Good luck and happy planning!
Thank you

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The one slight wrinkle with the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol is that Ferrol's bus station is a 2km walk from the starting point of the Camino in the harbour.

That means you end up walking a little of the Camino route in both directions at the beginning.

It's no biggie, but it caught me out a little!

The one slight wrinkle with the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol is that Ferrol's bus station is a 2km walk from the starting point of the Camino in the harbour.

That means you end up walking a little of the Camino route in both directions at the beginning.

It's no biggie, but it caught me out a little!
That is not so bad. thank you

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.