• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino interior in April

Davideansa

Time of past OR future Camino
from Oporto to Santiago
Hi everyone! :)

I'll be walking from the 11th to the 22nd of April this year and I guess will be veeeerry rainy!
Anyone tried the same experience during a rainy month? Suggestions?
It's better a poncho or some rain jacket + rain trousers?

thank you!

D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone! :)

I'll be walking from the 11th to the 22nd of April this year and I guess will be veeeerry rainy!
Anyone tried the same experience during a rainy month? Suggestions?
It's better a poncho or some rain jacket + rain trousers?

thank you!

D

Davideansa:

I walked this route Irun to Santo Domingo de Calzada in the Spring of 2012. I did not have a lot of rain. That said, weather is not worth trying to predict. I always have good rain gear (jacket and trousers) on all my Camino's. Whether you choose rain suit or Poncho is a personal preference.

I enjoyed this walk and continued on the Frances afterward. This route starts out much more gently than the Frances. You walk through several towns and valleys until you reach Besain. The terrain starts to get more hilly here. Leaving Zegama is the steepest climb of the walk, about 1100 meters if I recall correctly. Then Vittoria-Gaitz a very large city and on to Brinas-Haro and wine country as you leave Basque country.

This is a very Basque Camino.

Ultreya,
Joe

I would be taking jacket and trousers. You don't want to be totally water logged and not enjoy yourself. Bom Caminho

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well, I think there is a bit of confusion here. jpflavin, you are talking about the Camino Vasco Interior, I think, while the OP is referring to the Portugues Interior, a camino that runs from Viseu to Chaves and then onto the Sanabrés. If the OP comes back, there are some forum members who have walked this Caminho Portugues Interior and might have answers to all questions!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back