• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Interruptus

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Hello Camino Friends -

So our 5th camino began on April 27th, 2011 as we walked out of Huelva towards Zafra, Ourense, Santiago, Muxia and Finisterre. This was a long-awaited, long-planned camino of about 60 days. On day 13, it was over. Medical issues. I won't go on about the angst, disappointment, frustration and anger, but they were all there. Now that we have just passed our original return home date from Madrid, I am ready to talk about and visit the Camino.

CarolH & Ian and Laurie (peregrina2000) - we are so happy that you have been there for us. We have so appreciated your friendship and support throughout this ordeal. I might add there were many others along this very short camino who were just wonderful - pilgrims and non-pilgrims alike.

We cannot survive without planning and walking the Camino, so we are now planning the next one, with the same hope, excitement and optimism that we've planned all the others. We expect it to be a wonderful adventure!

Bloody, but unbowed*,

lynne

*William Ernest Henley - Invictus

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Lynn

Saucy title - despite the hassles, you've retained a sense of humour so that means you'll be back! And a good thing too!

Don't know the medical issues (your business) but you can come back. Isn't a camino about how we handle setbacks?

Buen camino next time; take it easy.

Hi Lynn,

Like you I did not finish my walk due to ill health, I made it as far as Salamanca. I didn't feel any disappointment, probably because i made it halfway, I was just thankful to have had the opportunity to experience walking a Camino and like many others I will go back and try again, maybe 2013 if my life allows it.
Judy.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Lynne

It's good to have you back.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Did you like the route from Huelva? Any advice?
I am considering that route or from Cadiz.
Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back