Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Invierno Walk in January Starting from Ponferrada

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Is anyone out there planning to do the Invierno in January? I plan to start in Ponferrada on 11 January 2022

That’s less than a week! I do hope you can find the time to post — we have quite the stalwart Invierno alumni group here on the forum, and many of us would hang on every word you write.

Wishing you a wonderful camino, Laurie

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
we have quite the stalwart Invierno alumni group here on the forum, and many of us
Member of said group and agree with everything everyone's already said, @DanOnTheCamino, though I'll leave it to @Bad Pilgrim to take care of the furniture.

We all want to see it again through your eyes. So even just a photo or two would be so welcome, if you don't want to take the time to add words.

Buen camino, you lucky peregrino!! You're in for a huge treat.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you for the responses! Even though I have walked a few Caminos, I'm new to posting in this format, yet I will try from my phone when I find WiFi.

Right now I think I'm most curious about the weather and what the day-to-day Covid realities will be. I'll try to update you on what I am finding in those practical terms.

I'm looking forward to some beautiful views, and hopefully, having a few inspirational thoughts along the way. - If those things happen, then I will try to post them here, too.

Thank you for the responses! Even though I have walked a few Caminos, I'm new to posting in this format, yet I will try from my phone when I find WiFi.

Right now I think I'm most curious about the weather and what the day-to-day Covid realities will be. I'll try to update you on what I am finding in those practical terms.

I'm looking forward to some beautiful views, and hopefully, having a few inspirational thoughts along the way. - If those things happen, then I will try to post them here, too.
Just curious as to what you are thinking about accommodations and whether you will reserve ahead of time. Wishing you a wonderful walk, and as you can see, there are a lot of us here on the forum who are almost as eager to see you start as you must be!

Just curious as to what you are thinking about accommodations and whether you will reserve ahead of time. Wishing you a wonderful walk, and as you can see, there are a lot of us here on the forum who are almost as eager to see you start as you must be!
i try to stay at municipal albergues as much as possible, which don't allow reservations - i'm curious about their capacities because of Covid. I'll let this thread know what I find.

Have a Buen Camino, i like to follow you. I start in March!

DanOnTheCamino,

Since tomorrow is your day to begin today you must be so very excited! Are you in Ponferrada now?
All your forum readers look forward to reading/seeing your fresh accounts.
Stay safe and in the truest sense, Ultreia.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen Camino @DanOnTheCamino!

I wanted to let you know, in case you already don't, that the "stalwart Invierno alumni" here have contributed to the Invierno app. It may be handy for you. Always free.

DanOnTheCamino,

Since tomorrow is your day to begin today you must be so very excited! Are you in Ponferrada now?
All your forum readers look forward to reading/seeing your fresh accounts.
Stay safe and in the truest sense, Ultreia.
I am excited. I arrive in Ponferrada tomorrow - I’m awaiting my flight to Madrid now, which arrives around 8am. I’m hoping to catch the 14.40 train from Chamartin to Ponferrada.

I’ll let this thread know how Spanish immigration and health is upon arrival.

Buen Camino @DanOnTheCamino!

I wanted to let you know, in case you already don't, that the "stalwart Invierno alumni" here have contributed to the Invierno app. It may be handy for you. Always free.

Thanks. I do have the “Wise Pilgrim” Invierno app. I’ve downloaded the maps. I plan to use that and Brierly for maps and cafe location. I’m really looking forward to getting under way.

I am excited. I arrive in Ponferrada tomorrow - I’m awaiting my flight to Madrid now, which arrives around 8am. I’m hoping to catch the 14.40 train from Chamartin to Ponferrada.

Ooooh, what I would give to tag along. Wishing you a marvelous camino, @DanOnTheCamino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
By now you are probably there, @DanOnTheCamino.
Enjoy the journey to Ponferrada, and buen camino!
Arrived at the albergue in Ponferrada and had a great meal at Restaurante Mencia. 11€ for 4 plates, drink, dessert and cafe.

I wasn’t sure what to expect with Covid - this albergue (and I’ll be interested to see if all municpals have the same protocol) takes your temperature on arrival and is only allowed to have half capacity (they’ve taken out half of the bunk beds).

Tonight there are 7 peregrinos staying here.

Attachments

• FDDBE4A5-A2D0-46F9-BCC4-2AB73AE9CE0E.jpeg
    FDDBE4A5-A2D0-46F9-BCC4-2AB73AE9CE0E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • CF5D4C9A-46CA-43A1-B661-5CEEBD5394A1.jpeg
    CF5D4C9A-46CA-43A1-B661-5CEEBD5394A1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • CB376959-CD66-44D6-9BCE-1115D037C026.jpeg
    CB376959-CD66-44D6-9BCE-1115D037C026.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 65
  • A138FCA2-08C3-4C72-8560-D243909F8F44.jpeg
    A138FCA2-08C3-4C72-8560-D243909F8F44.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 1DD5FE51-917F-4C43-8C02-EF0A031F716C.jpeg
    1DD5FE51-917F-4C43-8C02-EF0A031F716C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
Today the sun decided to hide for most of the day 😬 yet it was a great day walking through chestnut groves. We almost walked right past the castle because of the fog.
Most of the cafes and hostels are closed along the way because of Winter. The sun came out for the last two hours before sunset. We saw the rocks in the twilight sun - amazing, something probably not often experienced by peregrinos in the summer. So we walked all the way to Puenta de Domingo Florez, not sure where we would stay. I told my friend - a first time peregrino - stories that camino will provide. We prayed for a place to stay. Not more than two minutes later we see lights on and through the window bunk beds. A brand new donativo albergue - Casa Rosa - and the owners made the bunks up for us with fresh sheets and blankets. It’s beautiful in here. And we’re excited to rest.

Attachments

• BA983A98-2BDA-4544-89C0-FBA7E90157E6.jpeg
    BA983A98-2BDA-4544-89C0-FBA7E90157E6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • A0CD20AB-9394-49B4-9176-9231B6889791.jpeg
    A0CD20AB-9394-49B4-9176-9231B6889791.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 945DFBDE-7431-4436-ACFC-9186853F60BB.jpeg
    945DFBDE-7431-4436-ACFC-9186853F60BB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 72
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another long day of walking to get to a municipal albergue, yet how beautiful to walk through vineyards and along the river. We happened to meet the owner of the vineyard on the way to Barcoa and talk to him about all the terraces he’s developing for future growth. He sells his white wine in 50 surrounding bodegas. It’s delicious.

Sun came out for most of the day, so finally got to have the “chasing my shadow to Santiago” this Camino - in the sun that is. Last night the moon rising cast our shadows at our feet while stars twinkled overhead - first time I’ve ever had that on the Camino. Amazing.

@wisepilgrim - I’m following the green dots, for the most part, yet I find they differ from the way markers at some point along the way.

Attachments

• D4E0F3FF-6C31-48B6-8A96-761AE5E9DB4B.jpeg
    D4E0F3FF-6C31-48B6-8A96-761AE5E9DB4B.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 52
  • F7244D62-4A98-41A3-9D12-B60BAAC4DBF7.jpeg
    F7244D62-4A98-41A3-9D12-B60BAAC4DBF7.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 43
  • D067378D-C5AE-4CDF-9454-874BF54DE914.jpeg
    D067378D-C5AE-4CDF-9454-874BF54DE914.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
  • F416EED6-DF71-4543-BAD1-105C5A3623BA.jpeg
    F416EED6-DF71-4543-BAD1-105C5A3623BA.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 1385253D-6413-4884-8FEE-33EBBF355931.jpeg
    1385253D-6413-4884-8FEE-33EBBF355931.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • C135689A-5A3D-48F9-A8BA-0643DC4F014D.jpeg
    C135689A-5A3D-48F9-A8BA-0643DC4F014D.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 54
  • AFC4DEBD-4D4B-4882-B577-62B90CA65FD3.jpeg
    AFC4DEBD-4D4B-4882-B577-62B90CA65FD3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
  • E167AF2A-C41B-4783-BA7D-06BAE2C34299.jpeg
    E167AF2A-C41B-4783-BA7D-06BAE2C34299.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So happy to have found your thread @DanOnTheCamino , hoping to walk the Invierno in September.
Good luck 👍🤞🙏
I’d be happy to share anything about this walk with you. I know Covid makes things uncertain though, so what may be true in January may not be so in September (as it relates to opening and closures and municipal policies).

I’d be happy to share anything about this walk with you. I know Covid makes things uncertain though, so what may be true in January may not be so in September (as it relates to opening and closures and municipal policies).
Even though you are not a vegetarian, any time you have a chance to comment on the availability of meatless fare (or lack there of) at restaurants along the way would be helpful to a number of us.☺️

Which municipal albergue are you in? Xagoaza or Vilamartin?

My only regret is that you are walking such long days that this camino is going to be over way too soon for us armchair travelers!

Beautiful pictures, thanks so much for posting.
Vilamartin.

Attachments

• 926D1CF6-A99D-4F9F-9462-290DE98F2B26.jpeg
    926D1CF6-A99D-4F9F-9462-290DE98F2B26.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 49
  • F1C11936-DEF9-4F57-BACC-F00F12CF59EC.jpeg
    F1C11936-DEF9-4F57-BACC-F00F12CF59EC.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 6431EA31-8201-4A34-9319-A2540E48D2DA.jpeg
    6431EA31-8201-4A34-9319-A2540E48D2DA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • A13C05AA-7FB4-433E-85A7-0E81226EAA2C.jpeg
    A13C05AA-7FB4-433E-85A7-0E81226EAA2C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Wow, @DanOnTheCamino - Wonderful to see your posts here. Thank you! Though I have to say I agree with Laurie:
My only regret is that you are walking such long days that this camino is going to be over way too soon for us armchair travelers!

This is amazing:
A brand new donativo albergue - Casa Rosa - and the owners made the bunks up for us with fresh sheets and blankets.
Also the albergue at Vilamartin.
Amazing how much can happen in 2 years.

Meanwhile, you probably passed through Montefurado already today. I hope you met Casimiro - though a pity not to be able to share greetings from all his fans here.

Never been there, looks brand new! I rely heavily on private accomodation such as hostales on the Invierno so I am unaware of new albergues that pop up. Will you be able to stay in an albergue all the way to Santiago?
Going to try for albergues when I can. In Santiago I always go to stay in San Martin Pinario - I’d rather save along the way and splurge to stay there at the end (besides being across from the church, they have a great breakfast included, too.)

Wow, @DanOnTheCamino - Wonderful to see your posts here. Thank you! Though I have to say I agree with Laurie:

This is amazing:

Also the albergue at Vilamartin.
Amazing how much can happen in 2 years.

Meanwhile, you probably passed through Montefurado already today. I hope you met Casimiro - though a pity not to be able to share greetings from all his fans here.
Montefurado was extremely quiet - we saw no one.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Today we walked to Quiroga - another looooong, yet beautiful day! Itinerary is flexible with how we feel, weather, and services along the way. We tried to contact the apartments in Soldon, yet owners never answered.
We want to take A short day tomorrow and stay in A Pobra de Brollón. And then, Lord willing and bodies agreeing, we will try for Diamonde on day 5 (I think Sunday 16th).

I want to post some blogs and other thoughts from each day, but long walking and lack of cafes along way and WiFi at night are delaying that. Apologies.

Here’s some random thoughts from this day (although photos will have to wait until I have a better signal)

Some pre- and post-walk thoughts.
Started the morning at -2 Celsius (at 8:45AM) and walked quickly to A Rua - both to stay warm and in anticipation of the first “con Leche desayuno” and croissant (and only) of the day. We hung out in the town for a bit to hit the pharmacy, the Supermercado (to get food for the journey), and then another small coffee to fuel us on our way for the day with no services or cafés along the way. I’m looking forward to today because we break the 200 km to Santiago. At the same time I think, “Only 200 km left”, yet it still feels like an accomplishment to know that we are on our way.

I’m looking forward to some walking in silence today- some time for prayer, reflection and meditation; and some time of carrying stones between markers for others who could not yet are still joining with me.
It feels that it has taken me two days to unwind - to unwind from life and all the thoughts that I let entangle me when I’m not taking time to center myself. Yet I feel now I can settle in to my spiritual Camino. Lord help me! I feel it has taken me two days to run out of words and thoughts in order to still my heart and my mind and be ready for walking in silence.

A few random things…
Mountain streams magpies and yellow finch like birds…

I could not see the church, yet hearing the bells reminded me that I do not walk alone. Hearing the bells call me to remember that I join a company of others...

I give thanks for my Gore-Tex shoes - even on the sunny days without rain - because of the cold the frost stays on the grass in the path until late in the day which means wet shoes. Without Gore-Tex, wet shoes mean wet socks and wet feet…

Walking over frosty grass at 3:30 in the afternoon…

Carrying stones as prayers and leaving them as markers of God’s faithfulness…

Using Camino markers as a communion table…

White flowers staring at the Sun…

In the winter - if you don’t like a chill in the bones, I’m wondering if privado are a better way to go. (At least this albergue has HOT water, took a looooong hot shower before jumping inside my sleeping bag.
Never been there, looks brand new! I rely heavily on private accomodation such as hostales on the Invierno so I am unaware of new albergues that pop up. Will you be able to stay in an albergue all the way to Santiago?

Which municipal albergue are you in? Xagoaza or Vilamartin?

Beautiful pictures, thanks so much for posting.
We’re trying to make this 9 etapas instead of 10 so we can have at least one full day in Santiago instead of just an evening.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Even though you are not a vegetarian, any time you have a chance to comment on the availability of meatless fare (or lack there of) at restaurants along the way would be helpful to a number of us.☺️
For vegetarians, i’m finding this Camino just like the others. You can have tortilla and salad, but most soups have a meat base, as well as most pincho. I’m sure you could ask for olives or something else as pincho. I have walked both Sanabres and Portugues with vegetarians, whom by the end were very tired of eggs and iceberg lettuce. One vegetarian I met on the strip said she turned into a pescatarian - Yet was quick to clarify for this trip only.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For vegetarians, i’m finding this Camino just like the others. You can have tortilla and salad, but most soups have a meat base, as well as most pincho. I’m sure you could ask for olives or something else as pincho. I have walked both Sanabres and Portugues with vegetarians, whom by the end were very tired of eggs and iceberg lettuce. One vegetarian I met on the strip said she turned into a pescatarian - Yet was quick to clarify for this trip only.
Sad. I will need to continue with my grocery shopping and food prep apparently. Let us know if you stumble across any surprises that might suit us.

I will need to continue with my grocery shopping and food prep apparently. Let us know if you stumble across any surprises that might suit us.
Not necessarily.
Why not infom the staff what you can eat and then ask (politely and without entitlement) what they can make for you? It worked on the Invierno for me - often when I did that and left it up to the kitchen, the result was a pleasant surprise.

Well, I wish you good luck with that, but I fear you may have to carry on to Monforte! As far as I know, there is nothing open in Pobra. The pensión As Viñas is closed, and the albergue is still under construction. But maybe some camino magic will happen! Have a good walk.
Thank you for the heads up

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Not necessarily.
Why not infom the staff what you can eat and then ask (politely and without entitlement) what they can make for you? It worked on the Invierno for me - often when I did that and left it up to the kitchen, the result was a pleasant surprise.
Yes I have done that as well.
By 'sad,' I meant sad that there are not more situations where restaurants normally offer a variety of meatless meals.

Not a long post today, because I’m too tired. The council albergue in Brollón was closed because of Covid so we walked the 13+ kilometers more to Monforte de Lemos. I’m glad I’m not walking alone - physically or spiritually. We’re feeling good just tired a B f a flight cough from walking in the cold mornings and cold nights. We hope to rest in the new albergue in Diomondi.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not a long post today, because I’m too tired. The council albergue in Brollón was closed because of Covid so we walked the 13+ kilometers more to Monforte de Lemos. I’m glad I’m not walking alone - physically or spiritually. We’re feeling good just tired a B f a flight cough from walking in the cold mornings and cold nights. We hope to rest in the new albergue in Diomondi.
Dan,

I am eagerly waiting for your posts every evening! I am happy as long as you send us just a few words, don't worry! I guess you are in the albergue in Monforte then: it is a new one, or so I have heard. And Diomondi sounds like reasonable stage for tomorrow. When you have recovered your strength, please send some pictures!

Buen Camino.

I too am enjoying your posts @DanOnTheCamino ! For a variety of reasons, the Invierno is the camino I go to in my thoughts frequently. Thank you for taking the time to post. It's like candy for Invierno alumni (of which you will soon be too) :) Really looking forward to hearing about the albergue in Diomondi which hadn't yet opened when I walked in June 2019.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Dan,

I am eagerly waiting for your posts every evening! I am happy as long as you send us just a few words, don't worry! I guess you are in the albergue in Monforte then: it is a new one, or so I have heard. And Diomondi sounds like reasonable stage for tomorrow. When you have recovered your strength, please send some pictures!

Buen Camino.
We couldn’t find the albergue in Monforte de Lemons. (Albergue Santiago is closed until March.) We stopped at O Pincho for some food (around the corner from Alb. Sant.) and the lady serving us said she had a friend with a hotel and wanted to know if she should call him for us.
Her friend owns Medievo and we got a double room for 40Euro.
The Camino knows more than we do, and while it was a long day yesterday to Lemons, it work out well because the Bishop’s residence in Diomondi is still under construction and won’t be done until later this year. (The lady we talked to didn’t know when.) If we had stayed in Brollon, then we would would have had to go Brollon to Chantada - too long with so few services.

The disappointment must have shown on our faces at Diomondi, because the lady said, don’t worry, just walk down the hill and up to Chantada. It should only take you 1 ½ hours.

A few hours later we kept laughing, wondering how this lady had made that walk in 90 minutes. Wish we had her strength.

Another night of chasing our moon shadows - this time over the old Roman road.

Anyway, came into Chantada and talked to a few different people - all very nice. The first person we met set us on course for the area with hotels, on the way we saw a couple of older guys talking near the church, and the oldest said there’s a new albergue. The younger didn’t believe him. So the two of them walked with us to see - the older guy to prove his point and the younger seeing if it was really true. And it is true. It’s 17Euro / person. Sleeps about 20 (10 bunks) - all with their own lockers, reading lights, and outlet; new washer machines, five private toilets with showers.

While I haven’t posted many photos here, I do try to post photos on Instagram @revdanrandall

If you have a request for a specific photo, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Forgot to say that immigration only asked for QR code, which had to be verified along with my vacc. Card before I boarded my Iberia flight.

Only the first albergue checked temperature of arriving peregrinos. Since then, besides a bottle of hand sanitizer and a sign that says “wear your mask” there doesn’t seem to be much difference.

Today’s walk took us from Chantanda to Rodeiro. We passed pastures and crossed through farm towns, we were waylaid by a traffic jam of cows going to pasture down the main road, and we found the café closed. When I asked the farmer across the road if the café would open, he scratched his head, looked up and asked himself what day it was and then turned to reply to me: “no, it’s closed. They went into town for the day they’ll be back later this afternoon if you’d like to wait.”

We still sat in the chairs in front of the cafe and soaked up the sun for a few moments before heading up the mountain to the wind turbine farm and down into fields being fertilized by farmers.

We made it to Rodeiro with the sun still in the sky – yay!! As we came into town looking for a place to stay in old elderly gentleman waved us down across the street. So we stopped and waited for him to cross. He wanted to ask us about this Camino yet he also wanted to tell us that he had walked all the Cominos many many many many years ago it was a cute interaction especially with my Spanish and his difficulty hearing.

We stopped at a café to ask about watching and they pointed us up to Carpintero. They are barangay looks nearly furnished, yet once again we are the only peregrinos in this place.

Not sure yet if we’ll stop in Lalin or A Laxe tomorrow - we’ll just walk and wait to see what The.

Last edited:
We couldn’t find the albergue in Monforte de Lemons. (Albergue Santiago is closed until March.) We stopped at O Pincho for some food (around the corner from Alb. Sant.) and the lady serving us said she had a friend with a hotel and wanted to know if she should call him for us.
Her friend owns Medievo and we got a double room for 40Euro.
The Camino knows more than we do, and while it was a long day yesterday to Lemons, it work out well because the Bishop’s residence in Diomondi is still under construction and won’t be done until later this year. (The lady we talked to didn’t know when.) If we had stayed in Brollon, then we would would have had to go Brollon to Chantada - too long with so few services.

The disappointment must have shown on our faces at Diomondi, because the lady said, don’t worry, just walk down the hill and up to Chantada. It should only take you 1 ½ hours.

A few hours later we kept laughing, wondering how this lady had made that walk in 90 minutes. Wish we had her strength.

Another night of chasing our moon shadows - this time over the old Roman road.

Anyway, came into Chantada and talked to a few different people - all very nice. The first person we met set us on course for the area with hotels, on the way we saw a couple of older guys talking near the church, and the oldest said there’s a new albergue. The younger didn’t believe him. So the two of them walked with us to see - the older guy to prove his point and the younger seeing if it was really true. And it is true. It’s 17Euro / person. Sleeps about 20 (10 bunks) - all with their own lockers, reading lights, and outlet; new washer machines, five private toilets with showers.

While I haven’t posted many photos here, I do try to post photos on Instagram @revdanrandall

If you have a request for a specific photo, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Wonderful IG pics.

Keep posting here and there please.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Today began with walking towards a setting moon with a rising sun behind us. The sunny weather shone on farmers busy fertilizing their fields. So the views today were grand, yet the scent in the air not always so. :)

We decided to take a short day and stop in Lalin. We decided to stay at Hotel Palacio because we learned that Albergue Lalin has been closed since the pandemic, and we wanted a place with guaranteed heat for the morning.

Not sure of tomorrow’s destination - if we’ll go all the way to Pont de Ulla or if we take advantage of other opportunities to stop earlier. Either way, the goal is for Santiago by Thursday evening.

Ultreia y Suseia

Today’s route - Lalin to Pont de Ulla. The 10th century bridge after A Laxe covered in frost has to be one highlight. And another is that we stopped at cafes in three different towns just because we could - haha (first day we’ve had the option to do so).
Great discussions while walking over ancient paths - a bit wet / mucky in quite a few places (again, I’m so thankful for goretex shoes.) The sun has continued to shine throughout the days, and we’ve enjoyed soaking up the vitamin D.

Albergue in Pont de Ulla is open, you just have to call them earlier in the day to let them know how many are coming.

We’re looking forward to our shortest walk of this Camino tomorrow when we head I nto Santiago. I’m looking forward to see what the church looks like inside after renovations.

That bridge has undergone some renovation and repair recently, it is really so special, moreso because the only way to access the site is on foot.

Hard to believe your camino ends tomorrow!

BTW, are you in the miunicipal albergue up the hill in Outeiro, or the private albergue at the pensión across from the Día grocery store? Just wondering which facilities are open.

Thanks for having brought us along. I don’t use instagram, so any pictures you care to add later when you are back home reminiscing about your wonderful walk, feel free!

Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks for having brought us along. I don’t use instagram, so any pictures you care to add later when you are back home reminiscing about your wonderful walk, feel free!
Ditto!
we stopped at cafes in three different towns
I hope you had some of the special pastries in Bandeiras that @Bad Pilgrim raved about. 😉
This stretch was one of my favorites, except for the mudbath before Silleda.

May you have a wonderful day into Santiago, @DanOnTheCamino !

There is a very pilgrim friendly cafe, Bar Rosende, just steps off the camino in Boqueixón where you can get a smile, a sello, and a decent cafe to the left of the Camino on the N-525 before you get to Susana. Here's the address Google shows:
n 15881 a, N-525, 6, 15881 Boqueixón, A Coruña

That bridge has undergone some renovation and repair recently, it is really so special, moreso because the only way to access the site is on foot.

Hard to believe your camino ends tomorrow!

BTW, are you in the miunicipal albergue up the hill in Outeiro, or the private albergue at the pensión across from the Día grocery store? Just wondering which facilities are open.

Buen camino, Laurie
We stayed in Pont de Ulla at O Cruceiro. (I have stayed at Outeiro before, yet I didn’t think we’d need the cold foot bath this time of year 😉 )
Apologies for slacking on the photos. Hopefully these will bring a smile.

Attachments

• 52CD9B75-969B-45B9-A2BC-97DD78C561D4.jpeg
    52CD9B75-969B-45B9-A2BC-97DD78C561D4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 885D21E5-5709-4BDA-ADA8-DCB934BF5897.jpeg
    885D21E5-5709-4BDA-ADA8-DCB934BF5897.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • E581C462-8137-4A12-B176-FB54F7671EBA.jpeg
    E581C462-8137-4A12-B176-FB54F7671EBA.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 35049D61-118D-49B0-B410-E6D826ECB1A0.jpeg
    35049D61-118D-49B0-B410-E6D826ECB1A0.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 3CB4A385-5CF6-4785-A7A5-C688DED5EB85.jpeg
    3CB4A385-5CF6-4785-A7A5-C688DED5EB85.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • 4C6F6064-CB86-48D8-8B34-5E80577D19B3.jpeg
    4C6F6064-CB86-48D8-8B34-5E80577D19B3.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 22C13752-C476-468B-B85C-3A639E5E8E89.jpeg
    22C13752-C476-468B-B85C-3A639E5E8E89.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 8795293D-EC4B-45A7-8955-849283D5C8AD.jpeg
    8795293D-EC4B-45A7-8955-849283D5C8AD.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 81F4725F-FEEE-43B1-93CD-D7F170445AC9.jpeg
    81F4725F-FEEE-43B1-93CD-D7F170445AC9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • 60B83677-ED29-40F5-B142-EA5090E717ED.jpeg
    60B83677-ED29-40F5-B142-EA5090E717ED.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A glorious day in Santiago!
The renovated cathedral is amazing!
Santiago feels empty. Not many pilgrims, not many shops / restaurants open.

Attachments

• 8D69472F-0C89-4695-983B-0FD08E5E2779.jpeg
    8D69472F-0C89-4695-983B-0FD08E5E2779.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 74C8EF1E-9954-4D67-B085-AA9E76F39CFE.jpeg
    74C8EF1E-9954-4D67-B085-AA9E76F39CFE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 10CD1BD6-9A5C-4CA9-ADFE-16C685FA63CD.jpeg
    10CD1BD6-9A5C-4CA9-ADFE-16C685FA63CD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 3D8E8207-7EE5-4E2D-B99D-55BA9F8C0BDA.jpeg
    3D8E8207-7EE5-4E2D-B99D-55BA9F8C0BDA.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 41

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back