Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Starting 5th July Camino Invierno is there a wise pilgrim guide "Not app" ?. I believe Brierley is doing book but would prefer handy light book ( Sorry John ).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I believe Michael (@wisepilgrim) is working on his guide presently. The above link will also help. A number of veteran forum members have done the Invierno over the past couple of years and have compiled a very good 'crowd-sourced' guide.

I used it in 2018. Some takeaways about doing this in July:
  • It will be HOT, +40 celsius on some days.
  • It will be dry - as in relative lack of rain, it helps the grapes growing on slopes for 2,000 years
  • Places to stop, cafes, bars, etc. are fewer and farther apart than on some other Caminos
  • You may need to carry extra water at times.
  • Obtaining sellos can, at times, be like a scavenger hunt. Get creative. EVERY business has a rubber stamp with its name and address.
  • There are lots of up and down segments. While not very high, they are still up, down then repeat
  • It WILL be absolutely beautiful

Hope this helps.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last edited:
Using Gronze via Chrome so it translates was helpful.

Woohoo Michael , Good one.
Take your brother along on this one unless you just want time to ‘be at one with nature and the universe ‘. (Which I very much enjoy ). You’ll find it nothing like the social atmosphere of the CF.
The guide in resources as mentioned by T2Andreo is fine. I took a copy with me. I think Laurie (Peregrina2000) has made her last update to it and possibly it will be by Wisepilgrim in the future.
I also had downloaded ‘maps.me ‘ and the gps tracks when I walked.
All the best
Buen camino
Annie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
"Be at one" sounds good, he might do the ponferrada via Frances and meet in Santiago and walk to Muxia.
Is the Invierno that lonely one you blogged? If it is send me your link to blog.
All well here, of to Vienna on 11th it used to be called capital of the world if you ever go visit the hapsburg burial crypt Kaiserkruft.
Great city.

Nollaig Shona Annie.

"Be at one" sounds good, he might do the ponferrada via Frances and meet in Santiago and walk to Muxia.
Is the Invierno that lonely one you blogged? If it is send me your link to blog.
All well here, of to Vienna on 11th it used to be called capital of the world if you ever go visit the hapsburg burial crypt Kaiserkruft.
Great city.

Nollaig Shona Annie.
And a Merry Christmas to you Michael

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Starting 5th July Camino Invierno is there a wise pilgrim guide "Not app" ?. I believe Brierley is doing book but would prefer handy light book ( Sorry John ).
Yes! I'll be right behind you at the End of July/beginning of August ( starting in Pamplona 7/22, but Invierno from Ponferada ) ....looking forward to your ( hopefully ) posting some trials and errors :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back