• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino invitation

Talant

Time of past OR future Camino
june-july 2015
Hello everyone! I am Talant from Kyrgyzstan. I am going to walk Camino coming June-July. Probably first from my country if it happen. Because there is no Spain embassy in my country I will apply for a Sсhengen visa in embassy of Germany. Does enyone know about organizations/institutions in some way working on/with Camino that can send an invitation? I need it to be more confident in visa procedure. Thanks in advance.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello @Talant. I am sorry that I do not know the answer to your question. I am sure you will get some answers from the very knowledgable members of this forum. How exciting if you are the first from your country to walk the camino. I have received a few views on my blog from Kyrgyzstan and I wonder if they were from you - or maybe there is someone else interested in the camino from your country.

I wish you a smooth and safe journey. Buen camino!
Maggie

Just so that this thread doesn't get lost @ivar do you have an answer?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello everyone! I am Talant from Kyrgyzstan. I am going to walk Camino coming June-July. Probably first from my country if it happen. Because there is no Spain embassy in my country I will apply for a Sсhengen visa in embassy of Germany. Does enyone know about organizations/institutions in some way working on/with Camino that can send an invitation? I need it to be more confident in visa procedure. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum, have you considered asking the pilgrim office or cathedral in Santiago for help with an invitation? In the footer of this web site http://peregrinossantiago.es/eng/ are the respective addresses / links. Does the Vatican have an Apostolic Nunciature in your country? Perhaps either of them would be delighted to help you? Just some ideas and Buen Camino! SY

Hello Talant,
I am sorry I cannot answer your question directly, but, is there an extension of any sort with the Roman Catholic church in your area that may help?

If not, perhaps you could contact the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela for help?

Whatever the outcome, I wish you good luck and Buen Camino.

Thank you for reminding us that the Camino has no boundaries:)

Hello and welcome to the forum, have you considered asking the pilgrim office or cathedral in Santiago for help with an invitation? In the footer of this web site http://peregrinossantiago.es/eng/ are the respective addresses / links. Does the Vatican have an Apostolic Nunciature in your country? Perhaps either of them would be delighted to help you? Just some ideas and Buen Camino! SY

Ooooops! Sorry SY, looks like I pretty much repeated what you said. Still, no matter eh? We are both trying to help Talant:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Talant,
my very limited knowledge about your country says that you have a sizeable Russian Orthodox community, which has more recently been quite active in things of the Camino, such as a organising a walk on the Portuguese. Perhaps you contact the local church for advise.
I also understand that the Catholic church holds regular services in Jalalabad, Talas and Bishkek and someone there might be able to help you.
(As SY suggested, the Holy See operates a Apostolic Nunciature in your country, at least according to Wikipedia, try them as well)
As it was already suggested, the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela would probably issue a Schengen-invitation, if one of the above mentioned contacts endorses your request.
Maybe a clergy on this Forum would be able to help practically to issue an invitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello again! Pleasantly surprised and inspired by so fast answers and warm wishes. As you advised just wrote to pilgrim office in Santiago. Will wait for a response from them ( fingers crossed...).
Thank you, Maggie, SY, John, falcon and PANO!

Please keep us posted how it goes and if you run into any problems shout out to us please. Buen Camino! SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Dear friends! Today I received a message from the Pilgrim office in Santiago that they sent me Credenciales and a letter confirming my status as a pilgrim for the embassy. Thank you for giving me the right direction!
Special thanks @JohnnieWalker and @ivar !!!

Congratulations!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Congratulations Talant! I'm happy for you. I am sure you will have a great time on your Journey. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello everyone! Visa is done! Flyght to Barcelona 17 June. My Camino will start from SJPP June 19th. I feel myself absolutely ready spiritually and physically. Thanks Friends!
So very very pleased for you Talant.....wishing you all the very best for your upcoming pilgrimage.....we are all here to be of help and support in any way you may need...if you have concerns or questions regarding 'gear' what to pack etc.etc. please just ask......there is sure to be more than one or two here on this wonderful forum who will have the answer. Camino blessings...

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back