• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino is safe but...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Camino is safety but...

I had a similar experience in Leon in September 2007. I bought him a cheap phone card, which to his credit he actually tried to give back to me, but he wanted bus fair to some other city, I didn't give it to him as it was more than my daily budget. Felt bad for the guy, seemed sorta' sad and lost. I don't know if it was same guy, but not sure if he was a pilgrim. I think I might have given him some money for food, too. Oh well, I don't like to be hungry.
Liz

Re: Camino is safety but...

Liz indicated:I might have given him some money for food

Giving to the less fortunate is a very Christian and proper thing to do for everyone.

Here's a suggestion on how to safely do it...if you believe you must.

Keep a euro or two in an easily accessible outer pocket...I use a small baggie so it won't jungle. This reduces the amount of money someone can get in a classic "snatch and run'. Never, ever take out your money pouch and dig around...bad juju.

Buen safely trod Camino

Arn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back