• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Japan - Camino kodo -Dual Pilger

Theandrea

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2015, March 2016, January 2017
Today we got our dual pilgrimage compostelas!
Camino kodo-Japan. We are safe! On Monday we took the bus back to the point we finished on Saturday. The typhoon was a baby typhoon and today the sun was shining as if nothing happened. The way is beautiful. A peaceful quiet forest. Only the rustling from the wind and the water in the river makes a noise. So utterly peaceful and restful. When I walk slowly I feel I walk in nature rythem. We meet no one. I feel happiness so closely and nothing can take it away. No wonder the people who do pilgrimage see deinties and gods in natures phenomena like trees, stones, waterfalls. They seem to have their own souls here. We walk until it starts to get dark and decide to take the bus to accommodation. There we enter the devils bath room. Hot springs and it smells devilish delishes like rotten egg. We cook eggs in the hot spring oven and enjoy once again a 100 dish dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_7065.JPG
    IMG_7065.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7118.JPG
    IMG_7118.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7140.JPG
    IMG_7140.JPG
    995.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7153.JPG
    IMG_7153.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7158.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well done! And I'm glad to hear you came through the storm safely. It sounds like a beautiful experience.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations!
I agree the route is beautiful. Also I agree the typhoon was not what they predicted to be. The eye of the storm passed by close to where I was (Tokushima, Shikoku), but, as you said, there was little damage. and the next day weather was fantastic. We were lucky.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For those of you who wish to take another pilgrimage on the other side of the world, there is the Dual Pilgrimage of Camino and the Kumano. The Kumano section looks relatively short (38km) compared with the Camino (100km). Seems you can get information on the Kumano from Tourist Office in Santiago.

More information here and 'how to' / 'poka-yoke' videos.

Camino sign in Hongu village

Attachments

• KumanoKodo_Camino.jpg
    KumanoKodo_Camino.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The Kumano section looks relatively short (38km) compared with the Camino (100km).
Depends on the route you take. There are several options. Those who would like a longer route can walk a more challenging mountain route from Koyasan or can extend their walk by going south from Hongu to Nachi. Other options for the very adventurous too!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.