• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Le Puy video

Anna Sar

Time of past OR future Camino
Spain, Portugal, France, Italy
Hi All.
Winter is coming and I have just managed to finish a video summary of my Le Puy Camino walked in September 2019.
Le Puy to Cahors Section with Valle Cele variant. I tried to keep it short and dynamic. It is a series of videos of around 5min each.
I hope you can just get an idea how the camino tastes in France.
I put all my gites there so you can have a closer look and choose for yourself.
There are some descriptions in French but no worries, either self-explanatory or just a small jokes so you can survive without their understanding (less funny though ;) )
Forgive me some quality loss. It was my first project of that kind so I couldn't foresee a lot of issues. I learn though. Next time will be better hopefully

Have fun and enjoy :)

(To be honest I am terrified to share it...)
Anna

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Lovely videos...I was on the Le Puy starting 24 Aug until 29 Sept, 2019. Miss it terribly (ok I really miss the fromage and croissants!)

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Liked the three segments that I have watched so far. They bring back many good memories. I appreciate the fact that what I have watched so far emphasizes the landscape, the towns and villages, and, occasionally, the food and drink you enjoyed on this beautiful route. (And not, like many other video blogs, shots of a group of cheminants walking together, eating together, and drinking together. I am not against any of these things, but for me the scenery and topography are of equal importance and contribute to the reflective moments one experiences while walking.)

Hi All.
Winter is coming and I have just managed to finish a video summary of my Le Puy Camino walked in September 2019.
Le Puy to Cahors Section with Valle Cele variant. I tried to keep it short and dynamic. It is a series of videos of around 5min each.
There are some descriptions in French but no worries, either self-explanatory or just a small jokes so you can survive without their understanding (less funny though ;) )
Forgive me some quality loss. It was my first project of that kind so I couldn't foresee a lot of issues. I learn though. Next time will be better hopefully

Anna
Fantastic Camino, beautiful, peaceful and can you get better food anywhere????

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi All.

Anna
I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for posting.

Thank you for sharing your videos – I’ve watched a few so far – They're lovely & well done -- what a wonderful journey you had! Looking forward to seeing the rest – :) 🇫🇷

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi All.

Anna
Thank you for posting these videos! I really enjoyed seeing the country, gites and villages…I leave in 9 days and plan to make my way to Le Puy for an October Camino

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and beautifully made videos. I couldn't stop watching until I had seen them all! I love especially that you took the time to capture details and to notice other creatures on the way, from cows and cats to caterpillars and praying mantises. And I now have a better idea of the beauty I missed by not taking the Cele Valley route (darn). Wonderful!

Thanks Anna, I have just finished watching your whole camino video...it was wonderful. I got the guide book to plan that one, but covid intervened and all walks are on hold. At least watching your video, made me feel like I was there with you, very uplifting and beautiful scenery and little villages. Well done.😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi All.

Anna
Hey Anna I watched all your video shorts yesterday and really enjoyed them so much. Im.planning on doing the le puy camino next April with some family and it was a good tutorial as to what to expect. I noticed all your humor, very funny and enjoyed the info on the gites. I am also planning on doing a video record of my trip and your technique gave me a few solid ideas of how to do it while keeping it interesting. What camera/ video did you use?
Enjoyed all the animals churches and fun times eating at the restaurants Well done thanks for putting that together for us😉

Hi Keith, thank you so much for such nice words.
At the time of the Camino I had no clue when and how I would be using the videos and photos taken there. I was always rather photo person. So obviously I made a lot of mistakes. I had no camera, only my telephone Samsung S7. And I was using just Microsoft Video Editor - so many limitations though.
Now I have my next project to do: Cammino di San Benedetto, walked in August this year. I promised myself I will try DaVinci Resolve this time as at least I know now what I am looking for.
As for the raw material from my S7 - I know now that walking and filming at the same time is not a good idea. That is one of the issues that I was hesitating to share my videos. Those shaky shots are so annoying. But very often no choice during the editing. This or nothing. And unfortunately a lot of pictures sometimes as I didn't have enough material to work on.
Thank you again and enjoy Camino Le Puy. One of the best :)

Dear All, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I was afraid that in fact my lack of experience and the primitive tools I was using for filming and editing made this project unbearable sometimes (shaky passages, too many pictures). But I learn from my mistakes and getting such a positive feedback gives me some hope for my future projects. Thank you so much :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Keith, thank you so much for such nice words.
At the time of the Camino I had no clue when and how I would be using the videos and photos taken there. I was always rather photo person. So obviously I made a lot of mistakes. I had no camera, only my telephone Samsung S7. And I was using just Microsoft Video Editor - so many limitations though.
Now I have my next project to do: Cammino di San Benedetto, walked in August this year. I promised myself I will try DaVinci Resolve this time as at least I know now what I am looking for.
As for the raw material from my S7 - I know now that walking and filming at the same time is not a good idea. That is one of the issues that I was hesitating to share my videos. Those shaky shots are so annoying. But very often no choice during the editing. This or nothing. And unfortunately a lot of pictures sometimes as I didn't have enough material to work on.
Thank you again and enjoy Camino Le Puy. One of the best :)
I'm surprised at the quality just using your samsung?? Wow very good. I had a go pro and with the stabilization feature walking and shooting is no problem at all. Get yourself one for christmas.
My son is planning on bringing his drone and that takes amazing scenic videos.
Would you say that knowing some French is very important? Do merchant's accept visa or is cash imperative? How hilly in general did you find the walk? We plan to go all the way to sjpdp. Getting excited even now.
Keep up the good work. Appreciate your videos very much. Take care

That is going to be one amazing video with go pro quality and your son drone shots. Can't wait to watch it. Thinking about go pro, yet I have no clue where to look at. Any suggestions for the newbie?

Gites - cash. And since you eat there mostly - then cash. Not too many shops on the way. Some restaurants. There you can use your card of course. You can find a cash machine (ATM) from time to time.

French - some basic phrases would be helpful. Just to be polite and show your respect, google for the rest if needed :) (no worries though, I met some Americans and Australians and they didn't report any difficulties with communication)

I don' recall this Camino as particularly tough.
On the first day for example you gain 700m but it takes 20km so you won't even notice that. There are some uphill/downhill sections, but overall my general impression was rather cool, nothing too exhausting. Maybe because this year camino in Italy was rather extreme :)

When I think about it now I find it one of the bests - not too difficult, beautiful diverse landscapes, architecture, history, hospitality, not too crowded but still with some fellow pilgrims, and the food of course... And I have walked some paths in my life.

Buen Camino :)

Ah! there are links to Wikiloc in the descriptions of every episode. So you can have a look at the altitude profile there.

Last edited:
Hi All.

Anna
Thank you Anna. I watched all the videos this morning - I couldn't stop actually. They are really beautifully put together - the videos, the photos and the varying sound tracks to match the moods of the different locations - all very sensitive, moving and uplifting. I haven't walked this camino yet, but I feel that you have probably captured the essence of it. Thank you for sharing. I hope you will share more in the future as you certainly have the eye and the creativity to capture and convey your journey.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you Anna for posting your videos.
I really enjoyed watching them and hope to walk from Le Puy one day.
Great work!

Hi All.

Anna
I love, love, love your videos. Separating them into short videos instead of one long one was easier for me to watch them. The route was so beautiful! I was planning to walk from Vezelay all the way to Santiago over 12 weeks in 2023, but now I'm wondering if I should take the Chemin du Puy instead. I'm sure the Chemin de Vezelay is also beautiful. I would love to hear from someone who has seen them both and can contrast them. Thank you again, Anna.

Bonjour @Anna Sar

Re Camino Le Puy 2,3,4: Rochegude - Quatre Chemins

1:12-1:50 This brings back fun memories! ... In exchange for telling stories, twiddling on the flûte-a-bec and teaching everyone to sing the 'Ultreia'' song just like the fellow playing guitar in your video, I got to sleep in the wee cabane de berger, on my way north to Taizé (2016)! The food was excellent. Thanks for posting.

Cheers
Lovingkindness

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you Anna for the inspiring videos. We hope to walk Le Puy to SJPDP next September and the videos are very helpful in giving us a feel for the route.

Very well done Anna. My wife and I are contemplating Le Puy Chemin starting April 2021. We had planned the Frances but we may be changing…..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you. I shall be walking the Le Puy this fall, then on to Santiago by various routes. I found the rhythm and content of your videos just perfect for making me eager for my walk on the Le Puy.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back