• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Lebaniego Castellano

peregrina2000

Staff member
Walking the Olvidado this year, I saw signs for the Camino Lebaniego. I thought, that can't be right, the Lebaniego doesn't come down this far. Turns out there is a Camino Lebaniego Castellano that does go through Cervera de Pisuerga. I have scanned the brochure I picked up in case anyone is interested. You will see that my copy of the actual map has some overlap but should be easy to figure out. I do not think this is well marked and I met no one who knew anything about it, not even the woman in the tourist office in Cervera who gave me the brochure!

Attachments

• Lebaniego Castellano.pdf
    660.2 KB · Views: 50
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked that camino last year from Palencia. It follows the canal de Castilla from Palencia to Alar del Rey and then veers left and hits the mountain to Potes.
It's very well marked and I had no problem for accommodation.
Jean-Marc
P-S. I met Biarritzdon, who was going in the opposite direction, in Amayuelas de Abajo. A nice encounter...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Walking the Olvidado this year, I saw signs for the Camino Lebaniego. I thought, that can't be right, the Lebaniego doesn't come down this far. Turns out there is a Camino Lebaniego Castellano that does go through Cervera de Pisuerga. I have scanned the brochure I picked up in case anyone is interested. You will see that my copy of the actual map has some overlap but should be easy to figure out. I do not think this is well marked and I met no one who knew anything about it, not even the woman in the tourist office in Cervera who gave me the brochure!

Hi Laurie,
So ended up on a BlaBla to Leon, by chance a bus to Oveido, eventually to St. Vincent DLB, and now in hostel in Serdio. Turns out, all the signs pushed me towards Lebaniego for the moment, and nice to be back up North. When we stayed in CdP albergue, the hospitalerio had credential and not even €2 required. A Spanish 17 year old chica arrived to start it next morning and the lady was worried about her. This girl seemed competent and confident to the rest of us😀.

Link from QR code...

Attachments

• 156390943066422875157.jpg
    156390943066422875157.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 15639094712931705008395.jpg
    15639094712931705008395.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 1563909916882110823989.jpg
    1563909916882110823989.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
This solves a mystery. Like you, we saw these signs on the Olvidado, and from memory they were quite large and prominent in a kind of dried blood colour in the shape of the sword of Santiago (someone really needs to revisit their semiology 101 notes). As a result, I had this fixed idea that the Vadiniense began in Palencia, which it does not, of course. Pre-covid though, someone seemed vey keen to promote this route so it will be interesting to see what happens to it. Sometime, when our kindly government allows us to travel, we'd like to walk the Lana and then the Vadiniense south to north so if this route is viable it might be an option. It is not completely unknown, by the way. The only pilgrim we met on the Olvidado was a Spaniard actually on this route heading north to Santo Toribio, a pilgrim destination in its own right, of course.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back