• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino lessons/ good to know: Yellow arrows, vino, and magic experiences

emcreeves

Time of past OR future Camino
Arriving in Biarritz on 26th April 2018 for my first camino
Hello all, I have now been back from the Camino Frances for two months, and the post-camino blues have kicked in . Solution? (asides from following this forum/ hopefully walking the Camino Portuguese later this year or next)...I have written some of the lessons/ thoughts/ things to know about the Camino. Whilst everyone's experiences are different, most of these were topics and experiences discussed with fellow pilgrims on the way.

I hope it brings a smile or two, and maybe excitement for those about to go! :) Thank you as always for all your help prior to my way, and for the many posts I still follow closely.

https://travelfaceblog.com/camino-de-santiago/

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Love it! And loved your pics. Thanks for posting and for the memories :)

PS: I have only been back TWO weeks and already the Camino blues has kicked in! Hopeless! ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Emcreeves, very well written and explained. Definitely has left me even more excited in the anticipation of starting my one foot in front of the other journey on the 9th September. After reading your insights it sounds like there's a book inside you and I would buy it

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
This is a really beautiful blog post on the Camino . I love the style of writing , the reflections and the photos . Thankyou for posting .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is a really beautiful blog post on the Camino . I love the style of writing , the reflections and the photos . Thankyou for posting .
Thank you for your kind words Mark it is great to get feedback- happy to spread some post-camino love! :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Emcreeves, very well written and explained. Definitely has left me even more excited in the anticipation of starting my one foot in front of the other journey on the 9th September. After reading your insights it sounds like there's a book inside you and I would buy it
This is such wonderful feedback thank you so much, I hope to find that book one day- I will let you know when I do (maybe walking a few more caminos will help.... ). I am happy my post brings a smile for those returning and some excitement for those on their way ! I wish you Buen Camino.

Love it! And loved your pics. Thanks for posting and for the memories :)

PS: I have only been back TWO weeks and already the Camino blues has kicked in! Hopeless! ;)
Thank you I am glad! You're welcome thank you for commenting! It was quite a good outlet to reflect on my Camino and manage the blues.. but we know what the best cure is..... ;)

Hello all, I have now been back from the Camino Frances for two months, and the post-camino blues have kicked in . Solution? (asides from following this forum/ hopefully walking the Camino Portuguese later this year or next)...I have written some of the lessons/ thoughts/ things to know about the Camino. Whilst everyone's experiences are different, most of these were topics and experiences discussed with fellow pilgrims on the way.

I hope it brings a smile or two, and maybe excitement for those about to go! :) Thank you as always for all your help prior to my way, and for the many posts I still follow closely.

I really like it. It is fun to read and brings back lots of memories. Well written!

€149,-
Great read, brought back many memories from my 2016 trip.

Thank you so much for sharing...made me so excited! Start from SJPDP on 9 Sep.✨

Grateful2018, Great to hear fellow Pilgrim starting same day as I am from St Jean. Beginning to worry Starting on a Sunday was bad idea. Expect most places will be closed but a gentle short walk takes me to Orisson for overnight. I could have challenged myself to Roncesvalles but I intend to stop as often as I can at beginning, gently easing myself in to the rhythm of the way. Maybe we'll cross paths, Buen Camino

This is such wonderful feedback thank you so much, I hope to find that book one day- I will let you know when I do (maybe walking a few more caminos will help.... ). I am happy my post brings a smile for those returning and some excitement for those on their way ! I wish you Buen Camino.

Please do, self publishing route is best way to go, createspace.com Your writing style is easy on the eye and thank you for your intentions

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Please do, self publishing route is best way to go, createspace.com Your writing style is easy on the eye and thank you for your intentions
Thank you! I will check it out. I will be thinking of you guys on the 9th! You will soon get into the rhythm. Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thank you so much for sharing your blog and experiences. We walked part of the Camino Frances in 2013, but with a company who 'looked after us'. However, this experience gave us the desire to 'do it for real'. We arrive in SJPP on 27 April 2019, hopefully to walk the whole 'Way'. Reading about your Camino experience has made me feel excited about our forthcoming adventure.

Thank you so much for sharing your blog and experiences. We walked part of the Camino Frances in 2013, but with a company who 'looked after us'. However, this experience gave us the desire to 'do it for real'. We arrive in SJPP on 27 April 2019, hopefully to walk the whole 'Way'. Reading about your Camino experience has made me feel excited about our forthcoming adventure.
That’s so exciting , what an experience to return! I am glad my post made you excited! Buen Camino to you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you very much, emcreeves.

The coincidences... the tears... the smiles...
... post-camino blues ...
"... He said the Camino truly begins when you’re home ..."
"... Those at home will listen, but may not be able to understand, other than hearing the words ‘kms’ and ‘time off..."

So true...

Very interesting read,,,thanks and thank you for listing all the veggie places to eat.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wonderful blog and pictures, thank you. Love your insights on packing too. We celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and completing 34 years of parenting by beginning Camino in St Jean on Sept 12, Buen Camino to those pelegrinos beginning on the 9th, tomorrow!!!

Great!! Brought back oh so many memories. Couldn't have said it better. BC!
Your writing style is smoooth. I guess most, if not all, could identify with quite a few portions of your comments. It's so "lifelike". Brings out the reality of it all.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, emcreeves.

The coincidences... the tears... the smiles...
... post-camino blues ...
"... He said the Camino truly begins when you’re home ..."
"... Those at home will listen, but may not be able to understand, other than hearing the words ‘kms’ and ‘time off..."

So true...
Thank you so much for your comment, I am pleased it resonated with you. Buen Camino, always!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great!! Brought back oh so many memories. Couldn't have said it better. BC!
Your writing style is smoooth. I guess most, if not all, could identify with quite a few portions of your comments. It's so "lifelike". Brings out the reality of it all.
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, I am pleased it brought back a lot of memories for you! A lot smoother than when I try to find the words to describe the Camino to people in person that’s for sure.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wonderful blog and pictures, thank you. Love your insights on packing too. We celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and completing 34 years of parenting by beginning Camino in St Jean on Sept 12, Buen Camino to those pelegrinos beginning on the 9th, tomorrow!!!
Buen Camino to you!! I will be thinking of you, what a fantastic way to celebrate with such an adventure. I am pleased my packing list was also helpful!! Happy anniversary.

Thank you so much I really enjoyed reading about your journey very well written

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much I really enjoyed reading about your journey very well written
I am so pleased you enjoyed it, today I passed a Camino marker (currently In Seville) and the memories came back more vivid than ever. Solution? I came onto this forum and then saw your lovely comment. Thank you very much!!

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back