• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Levante in the winter.

Olivier Sauve

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francais (St. Jean to Finnistera)
Via de la Plata (Sevilla to Santiago)
Portuguese (Porto to Santiago)
I am thinking of doing a winter Camino from Valencia - Zamora - Astorga - Santiago.
Does anyone have any information on the Valencia to Zamora section starting in January?

Thanks,

Olivier

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am thinking of doing a winter Camino from Valencia - Zamora - Astorga - Santiago.
Does anyone have any information on the Valencia to Zamora section starting in January?

Thanks,

Olivier
Hi, Olivier,
I walked Levante in summer of 2015 so can't really compare it to winter walking. But I do remember checking temperature in Jan/Feb the year before and in Valencia it wasn't unusual to have 20C but I wouldn't be surprised in case of strong wind in the flatlands. The further north you'll go the colder it will be. Also I'm sure most of the accommodation options will be opened because in many villages they have very small municipal albergues/refugios/acogidas which are run by policia local or ayuntamientos and they are working through out the year.
It's beautiful Camino with a lot, really a lot, of dirt/gravel walking except first four days roughly to Moixent with a lot of tarmac.
Enjoy it and keep us posted how you are doing. Ultreia!

PS (If you need some more info I think I posted my list of accommodation possibilities in resource section.)

Thanks,

Olivier
Awesome!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I agree with Kinkyone - I've walked from Sevilla in January and had to use sunscreen most days Right now I'm a few days short of Merida. it is chilly early morning and evening but the sun is shining and the skies are cloudless.

I walked a week from Valencia December 26th (I think) last year - the first three days were very warm, then the weather gradually got a little chillier. I actually wore a fleece in the morning for the last two days! The main problem was accommodation, which always had to be pre-booked/arranged with the Ayuntamientos.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back