• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Camino / Life / Camino...

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
So, here we roll into the Christmas season.

I have always found that you--my forum friends--pretty much get me at this point. Those of you who like me, like me well. Those of you who don't cut a respectfully wide birth around my posts. I thank you for that--both groups.

Camino de Santiago has been a very healthy experience for me. You probably remember that I began training for my first journey--in October of 2015--a year prior, when I had battled my way through a major depression, after losing both parents in short order (close together).

I came back with a healthier mindset, a fitter body, and exciting experiences. It was a great time for me, and I was alone. Alone is a very comfortable place for me, most of the time.

My second journey was not as good, shorter and harder with an online companion. Lesson learned.

I've had an additional long journey--to Scotland. That journey, with my husband--my 2nd husband, I should add--was delightful, with long arduous walks, challenges, and more cultural joys (food! midgies! kilts! castles!).

And in a week, I take a journey of the heart.

My ex husband and I parted ways, after twelve years, in 2001. I left him behind in Cambodia, where we had established a publishing company. God, I loved that man. But we needed to part, and part we did.

He had a freak accident on 7 December, the day on which Americans all recognize the bombing of Pearl Harbor. He was three days away from a flight home to the USA to be at his dying mother's bedside. In brief, he drowned. I won't belabor the detail, as it is heartbreaking.

So on the 16th, I make the long journey from Oregon to P Penh Cambodia, where his family and friends await me--I am that special, which makes me feel loved and appreciated.

Thanks for listening. Too much. All too much.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I have always found that you--my forum friends--pretty much get me at this point. Those of you who like me, like me well. Those of you who don't cut a respectfully wide birth around my posts. I thank you for that--both groups.

Camino de Santiago has been a very healthy experience for me. You probably remember that I began training for my first journey--in October of 2015--a year prior, when I had battled my way through a major depression, after losing both parents in short order (close together).

I came back with a healthier mindset, a fitter body, and exciting experiences. It was a great time for me, and I was alone. Alone is a very comfortable place for me, most of the time.

My second journey was not as good, shorter and harder with an online companion. Lesson learned.

I've had an additional long journey--to Scotland. That journey, with my husband--my 2nd husband, I should add--was delightful, with long arduous walks, challenges, and more cultural joys (food! midgies! kilts! castles!).

My ex husband and I parted ways, after twelve years, in 2001. I left him behind in Cambodia, where we had established a publishing company. God, I loved that man. But we needed to part, and part we did.

He had a freak accident on 7 December, the day on which Americans all recognize the bombing of Pearl Harbor. He was three days away from a flight home to the USA to be at his dying mother's bedside. In brief, he drowned. I won't belabor the detail, as it is heartbreaking.

So on the 16th, I make the long journey from Oregon to P Penh Cambodia, where his family and friends await me--I am that special, which makes me feel loved and appreciated.

Dear debrita,I am so sorry for your loss
I don't really know apart from your posts but can assure you that you are really appreciated ..especially by the forum members .and you are special too.and to love and be loved is a wonderful thing .
Best wishes for your journey on the 16th Annette

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh, my, Deb, I'm lost for words--what to say?
You've had your share of heartbreaks recently, and now another.
I'm so sorry. Please know I'm thinking of you.
Wishing you safe and easy travels over to this part of he world, and balance in the midst of the gales of life.
And hard as it is, may this heart journey be full of love, in addition to the sadness.
Take care...
V

A tough gig, Deb. To have loved and have lost is bad enough, but when something as unexpected as this happens it rocks us. I guess it is a case of one step at a time and hope that the physical journey goes smoothly.

Thinking of you.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

So sorry to read this. But happy that you are already committed to a walk in 2017.

Deb, so sorry for your loss. each adversity we face does make us stronger, walk on ...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a shock for you. I wish you strength through the difficult days ahead.
Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Debra

Sooo sorry about this.... God bless and here's wishing you great strength in your journey!

Ginette x

Deb - heartfelt sympathy and warmest wishes for a safe and peaceful journey. How wonderful that there is so much love for you to fall into once you arrive in Cambodia on this saddest of Caminos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am sorry for your loss.
The depth of pain is great when we love deeply.
You are in my prayers Deb.

Debra...I cannot believe that anyone gives your posts a wide berth. It is unbelievable what life throws at us but wrap yourself in the warmth of the love you are going towards

How very sad and shockingly sudden to have your husband torn from life like that.
Lots of love and treasure the times you shared in your memories.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I can type no words to fill that special void you feel right now, but I trust that the time you spend in Cambodia marking your first husband's death will include unexpected comforts, insights or strengthened relationships. You know this already, but I remind you that the camino provides. I wish you peace on those long flights and that you meet some people with precious messages just for you. And may you be that carrier of a special word for his family and friends who obviously love you too.

Virtual Hug, CaminoDebrita.

[And some time when it is appropriate I'd like to hear more about your time in Scotland.]

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Have strength. Thinking of you.

Someone far wiser than I has said... every journey begins with a single step.

In France they would say Courage... and remember... just one step at a time.

Thinking of you xx

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Back