• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Local Group

krazeekuban

Time of past OR future Camino
2012 , 2013 , 2014 , 2015 , 2017 , voluntaria
Hola peregrinos! Not only do we share so much on this forum and do depend on it, also check your local Camino groups that are in your areas. When i returned from the Camino last year I coordinated our local Valley of the Sun Chapter associated with American Pilgrims on the Camino for assisting returning and departing pilgrims. Mentoring,sharing information and supporting each other. Thank you Ivar for your continued help and support!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
GO TO AMERICAN PILGRIMS ON THE CAMINO AND YOU WILL SEE THERE IS A CHAPTER IN MIAMI. NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED. I AM IN PHOENIX. HOPE THIS HELPS. BUEN CAMINO

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Miami is a bit away from me. Found one in Orlando but non responsive to my emails.... Thx and I will keep trying!!!

Check the web of American Pilgrims on the Camino you can see where your nearest chapter may be for you. Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I ran into a young guy from Bozeman on my Camino. He was oblivious to the Cat-Griz rivalry, which I found funny! What part of Montana do you live in? I lived in Missoula and Darby. Just went to GNP this past summer to do some backpacking.

I ran into a young guy from Bozeman on my Camino. He was oblivious to the Cat-Griz rivalry, which I found funny! What part of Montana do you live in? I lived in Missoula and Darby. Just went to GNP this past summer to do some backpacking.
I actually live in Missoula. I have a friend in the Polson in area who did the Camino last year. Which is where I learned of it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Cool! I wish I would have known earlier, we could have connected while I was in Montana this summer. I'm sure if you ask around you'll find pilgrims in Missoula. They're in the places you least expect! If Fr. Jim Hogan is still alive, he might know some pilgrims. Christ the King Catholic Church is the reason I know about the Camino. Learned about it in 1995.

Cool! I wish I would have known earlier, we could have connected while I was in Montana this summer. I'm sure if you ask around you'll find pilgrims in Missoula. They're in the places you least expect! If Fr. Jim Hogan is still alive, he might know some pilgrims. Christ the King Catholic Church is the reason I know about the Camino. Learned about it in 1995.

Oh my gosh! I have heard of Jim Hogan. He was involved with one of my clients. What a small world!

:) When I was in Israel, on the Mount of Beatitudes, I met a couple from Oregon who lived ten miles from where I grew up. The world is small indeed! If Jim is still around he's in his late 80's or early 90's. He would know pilgrims.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
DawnsJourney,

After I walked my 2012 Camino, I was contacted by American Pilgrims on the Camino to begin a Chapter in Tucson, Arizona. Aleida from the Valley of the Sun Chapter had offered her assistance to me - Thanks again Aleida!

I had an exploratory meeting in January of this year and now am Coordinator for the Old Pueblo Chapter. We have over 100 members! Once you walk your Camino, contact American Pilgrims and maybe you can form a chapter. You can always check their website for members who are in Montana. Or maybe your friend who has already walked the Camino would like to start the Chapter Forming Process.

I was amazed to find how many people from Tucson have already walked the Camino or are planning to walk.

Arlene

PS - I have just returned from my second Camino Frances and am planning to walk the Camino Portuguese in April, 2014 to arrive in Santiago for Easter Sunday Mass in the Cathedral.

The key is you have to be a member of APOC. As a co-founder of the Portlandia Chapter and someone who decided it wasn't worth the $50/yr to continue to be a member of APOC, I gave up my leadership role since it is a requirement to be a dues paying member to serve as a leader. You could easily create your own group without being a member of APOC. Use Meetup.com or Craigslist or have someone do a story in The Missoulian. I personally don't see the point in being a part of APOC. $50/yr is a lot for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. Not to mention the annual conference and hospitalero training is cost prohibitive. I went to Canada instead for my hospitalero training. Even the training we hosted in Portland cost more than what I paid to drive and take a ferry to BC. So don't buy into thinking you have to be a member of APOC to get a group together. Just get the word out! Post on your Facebook, ask friends. I'm sure you'll find people. :)

I hope to meet some folks from Missoula who have walked or are going to walk the Camino. Thank you for the Father Jim contact. It didn't even occur to me. As soon as I have 30 seconds in a row with no demands, I will contact Christ the King and ask.

Thanks again!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Fatherhogan.com is your best bet.

Anytime! If you're ever in Portland let me know!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.