• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mad, Salvador, and Primitivo june 2015

jerbear

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Hola, Well Here is my tentative itinerary. Arrive mad June 3 hope to make the cf in 10 days. Then on to leon. North to oviedo and connect with the primativo. I carry a tent.20 0z. All can change. If time allows I may hook back and walk the inverno, again from Ponferrada. Hope to see some of ya in route. Buen
camino

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am in santervas de campo. Some change for alburgue. Keys at bar Santervas. Tel 983 763318 or 661 451835 Lolo or Ana have the bar as well as a nice shop for food supplies. I will contact mx re change when I return home. Thank you

Also coming out of villion de campos at the town of fontihoyuelo there is a fountain as well as a nice picnic table in a. Shady spot . look for an arrow taking you down to fountain as well as playground! Enjoy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola. Madrid to Oviedo beautiful now onto the primativo after my break!

Hola, Well Here is my tentative itinerary. Arrive mad June 3 hope to make the cf in 10 days. Then on to leon. North to oviedo and connect with the primativo. I carry a tent.20 0z. All can change. If time allows I may hook back and walk the inverno, again from Ponferrada. Hope to see some of ya in route. Buen
camino

Hi,

That's exactly my planned itinerary for June 2016. So how was it last year? Easy linking the 3 caminos together? A lot of people on the Primitivo? Please let us know!

Ciao

BP

Hi,

That's exactly my planned itinerary for June 2016. So how was it last year? Easy linking the 3 caminos together? A lot of people on the Primitivo? Please let us know!

Ciao

BP

Hi, Bad Pilgrim, linking these caminos is very easy and requires no bus/train, etc, The Madrid joins up with the Frances in Sahagun, you then continue on the Frances till Leon, and then turn off the Frances in Leon at the statue of the pilgrim in front of the Leon parador.

Some posts from last year mentioned crowds, but my impression is that the real crunch time is August. If you can go at any other time, I think the numbers are manageable. The one place where I remember a "bottleneck" even five years ago when the numbers were much lower was in Berducedo. There is one small municipal albergue, and one private albergue (also with a few private rooms) whose owners are not well-loved, based on the comments on the Eroski site. From Berducedo you can carry on a few kms to another small albergue in La Mesa, but there is absolutely nothing else there, so it may be a little risky.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
thanks Laurie I have been away. It a beautiful walk. so easy to connect. enjoy

Hi, Bad Pilgrim, linking these caminos is very easy and requires no bus/train, etc, The Madrid joins up with the Frances in Sahagun, you then continue on the Frances till Leon, and then turn off the Frances in Leon at the statue of the pilgrim in front of the Leon parador.

Some posts from last year mentioned crowds, but my impression is that the real crunch time is August. If you can go at any other time, I think the numbers are manageable. The one place where I remember a "bottleneck" even five years ago when the numbers were much lower was in Berducedo. There is one small municipal albergue, and one private albergue (also with a few private rooms) whose owners are not well-loved, based on the comments on the Eroski site. From Berducedo you can carry on a few kms to another small albergue in La Mesa, but there is absolutely nothing else there, so it may be a little risky.

Hi Laurie,

I´m back for the Salvador (Cde Madrid, Primitivo as well). The Salvador WAS crowded, in my opinion. Although I think that crowded means different things to differente people... It was not crowded as the Francés, of course, but still all the albergues were full or almost full along the way! I always found a bed so no problem, but this Camino has gotten really popular I think. And hard: many did very short stages because of the terrain, there were many complaints about the hardships and suffering knees, feet and so on, and a few people giving up along the way, taking the train back home because they didn´t cope with the hilly parts. I understand them: I was REALLY suffering on this one...!

So I guess I recommend it because of the scenery, which is amazing. But it´s not as solitary as it once was, and as of the terrain it is really diferent from the Francés in that area, something that people coming from the Francés should be aware about...

More to come!

BP

Hi Laurie,

I´m back for the Salvador (Cde Madrid, Primitivo as well). The Salvador WAS crowded, in my opinion. Although I think that crowded means different things to differente people... It was not crowded as the Francés, of course, but still all the albergues were full or almost full along the way! I always found a bed so no problem, but this Camino has gotten really popular I think. And hard: many did very short stages because of the terrain, there were many complaints about the hardships and suffering knees, feet and so on, and a few people giving up along the way, taking the train back home because they didn´t cope with the hilly parts. I understand them: I was REALLY suffering on this one...!

So I guess I recommend it because of the scenery, which is amazing. But it´s not as solitary as it once was, and as of the terrain it is really diferent from the Francés in that area, something that people coming from the Francés should be aware about...

More to come!

BP

What a difference a few weeks makes! We had only one crowded day, and that was the first day in La Robla, caused by a group of about 12 Spaniards who had their bags carried by taxi. They jumped ahead by taxi the next day so we didn't see them again. That left six of us for the other nights. The great thing about the Salvador is that there are easy ways to break it up into short or long stages, but yes injuries do happen. Especially in the mud! But the scenery between Buiza and Pajares is IMO nothing short of spectacular. I've walked the Salvador three times now and I can't think of too many other contenders for the title of "camino day for feeling the awe of creation..." Hope to be back soon, but I think I'll avoid July and August. I've now been twice in June and once in late September and I think those are great times to walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Considering this combo myself.
What are the recommended guidebooks, especially given that it's 3 different Caminos and I wouldn't want to carry 3 hefty tomes!

Considering this combo myself.

What are the recommended guidebooks, especially given that it's 3 different Caminos and I wouldn't want to carry 3 hefty tomes!

Hi rich. This is a great combo. You'll love it.

Go to the resources section. There you'll fine guides for all three, put together by forum members. If you speak Spanish, you can also use the online eroski guide. There is an app with lots of good info -- walking instructions, cultural and historical highlights, albergues, places to eat, etc..

Buen camino, Laurie.

camino

Hallo,
I'm Alex from Bonn (near Cologne), Germany. My english is'nt perfect. Sorry for that. My plan is to walk from may 2017 the camino de madrid, starting in Spains capital to Sahagun and from Leon the way to the coast (camino San Salvador) direction Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hallo,
I'm Alex from Bonn (near Cologne), Germany. My english is'nt perfect. Sorry for that. My plan is to walk from may 2017 the camino de madrid, starting in Spains capital to Sahagun and from Leon the way to the coast (camino San Salvador) direction Santiago.
Hi Alex I'm walking this route in mid April next year. Madrid > Leon > Oviedo > Primitivo > Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back