• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Madrid – May 16th start

Antonia

Time of past OR future Camino
none
Hello!

Is anybody planning a start from Camino Madrid on May 16th? Looking for companions to start the Camino from Madrid on this day.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello!

Is anybody planning a start from Camino Madrid on May 16th? Looking for companions to start the Camino from Madrid on this day.
Sorry, but no. I'll start Via de Bayonna on 18th so not likely to bump into each other :)
I love Camino de Madrid. In my experience this is a Camino with the highest percentage of natural paths (light gravel mostly though) and if that suits you you'll definitely love it. I think most likely there will be some Spanish peregrinos and much less if any English speaking ones.

If you are interested I posted my daily journal with GPS tracks and photos here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/finally-my-camino-de-madrid-june-2014.25354/
It starts with post no.46.

Have a nice Camino (de Madrid) :)

PS (You may enter your departure into forum's calendar and might be lucky someone will start the same day.)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Please contact me.

Hello!

Buen Canino Antonia.
You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions...
I walked it alone in August 2015
It's amazing and very different..

I was trying to private message you but couldn't find that option. THis will be my 4th Camino, can't and don't want to get it out of my system. I've walked France's twice and Portugal once. Where are u staying in Madrid before you take off?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was trying to private message you but couldn't find that option. THis will be my 4th Camino, can't and don't want to get it out of my system. I've walked France's twice and Portugal once. Where are u staying in Madrid before you take off?
Not very helpful
As I don't have my diaries here - but a wonderful hostel in the centre.. - -a real Art Deco place - but then got the Metro out to the huge towers on the north of the city and walked to Los Tres Cantos.
Of course you don't want to stop and not yearn for more...
How could you..?
I wish you everything you need and want on this Camino.
Walk well,
Buen Camino Victoria

Hi Victoria
Just sent you a PM
Easiest way to send a pm is click on the avatar of the person you want to send it to.
-when that pic comes up with a basic profile - it will also have a line : start a conversation
-click that line
-then follow the gaps. /give it a short msg heading /below that, complete your msg.

Then - post the message

I'm not walking in May but I do read all CM threads with interest as I have contemplated which Camino for later this year. I must admit I'm up one minute and down the next.
The descriptions of scenery and walk that everyone posts about the CM really appeals to me, but the absolute solo experience by many is something I have to feel more sure of within myself before I take the plunge. So many alternatives tho -
I expected to meet absolutely no one last year in April walking El Salvador but found usually around 6 of us each evening in alburgues - that was a pleasant surprise. Tho from what I read of CM it may be even less travelled. But timing and luck play a part here.
You have walked a few caminos already tho and must have researched enough. I wish you well for some great camaraderie.
Buen Camino
Annie

Last edited:
Hi Antonia, I hope you will find a walking companion for your Camino de Madrid. You may meet a few pilgrims since you plan to walk in May.

Hi OzAnnie,
If you decide to take the Madrid route, I wish you all the best and do try to share your experience here in the Forum.
I am not due until first week of April next year due to work commitments. I look forward to my own CdM.
By the way, we met briefly outside the Pilgrims office in May last year after I finished the Camino Portugues.
!Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi OzAnnie,
If you decide to take the Madrid route, I wish you all the best and do try to share your experience here in the Forum.
I am not due until first week of April next year due to work commitments. I look forward to my own CdM.
By the way, we met briefly outside the Pilgrims office in May last year after I finished the Camino Portugues.
!Buen Camino!
Angelo
That's one thing I'm sure we (of the forum) all have in common - Memories of every minute on Camino - Each time I see a post with your name , I recall the line at pilgrim office and your comment about the Ozzie credencial.

This Cdm route looks great I agree. I will post if I get to it later this year. If you're like me- you check every day for more updates , lol.
April 17 is less than a year away now !
Buen Camino
Annie

Indeed, Annie! 11 months and counting!

Haha! That Aussie Friends of the Camino Credencial of yours stood out!

I am currently reading KinkyOne's posts on his CdM and I find the thread very informative and an interesting read.

Each Camino is memorable. Tonight I found a blog of the three American Camino friends I walked with from Astorga to SdC in 2014 and it brought back fond memories of CF.

Cheers!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back