• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino madrid

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It is 31.1 km, goes up nearly 600 meters in elevation, then down about 800 meters.

johnjosiah1 said:
section from Cercedilla to Segovia. How difficult for not so youthful 75yr old?

I walked this route and thoroughly enjoyed this stage. It is tough but if you are fit, start off early and take your time no reason why you couldn't do it. The views from the top are beautiful.

The new guide to this route is ready and waiting on Ivar uploading it. I'll let you know when he does.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
many thanks john! have no intention of moving an inch till i get new guide :D got an os map from those nice people at the map shop in Hereford which made me wonder a little hence the trepidation! I was in St Jean a few years back when it was mild and yet 4 pilgrims died up on the tops! You and I met in Santander one year at the bus stop from the airport and u r still as helpful as ever :D I also get called Sean! Take care.

johnjosiah1 said:
many thanks john! have no intention of moving an inch till i get new guide :D got an os map from those nice people at the map shop in Hereford which made me wonder a little hence the trepidation! I was in St Jean a few years back when it was mild and yet 4 pilgrims died up on the tops! You and I met in Santander one year at the bus stop from the airport and u r still as helpful as ever :D I also get called Sean! Take care.

Gosh - great to hear from you. The guide has extracts of the ING maps from Peter Robbins website but the route is very straightforward and extremely beautiful. It is truly a "no roads camino". Young Max from Madrid is studying at Oxford and volunteered to update the guide after he walked the route. Ivar now has it and it should be uploaded soon.

Best regards

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.