A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Camino Madrid

guidance

Camino(s) past & future
French 2012.Portugues,primitivo,Norte,English,Augusta,La Plata 2013-16.Madrid 25/04/17
Maybe this is some use to those planning the camino Madrid, i have read that there are problems finding places to stay in Tres Cantos and Colmenar Viejo, i used Airbnb for my upcoming camino, it offers Information on private places to stay in both towns, some which are quite reasonable.

Advertisment

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Maybe this is some use to those planning the camino Madrid, i have read that there are problems finding places to stay in Tres Cantos and Colmenar Viejo, i used Airbnb for my upcoming camino, it offers Information on private places to stay in both towns, some which are quite reasonable.
Hi, guidance,

There is something like albergue in Tres Cantos Ayuntamiento building (for free) and as I know from other CdM walkers also few hotels.
In Colmenar Viejo is at least one Hostal/Pension and woman by the name Andrea offering private rooms. For example 40€ for two persons in three bed room in the end of April this year.

Where exactly have you read about problems finding a bed in these two towns?

Buen Camino!

guidance

Camino(s) past & future
French 2012.Portugues,primitivo,Norte,English,Augusta,La Plata 2013-16.Madrid 25/04/17
Hi, guidance,

There is something like albergue in Tres Cantos Ayuntamiento building (for free) and as I know from other CdM walkers also few hotels.
In Colmenar Viejo is at least one Hostal/Pension and woman by the name Andrea offering private rooms. For example 40€ for two persons in three bed room in the end of April this year.

Where exactly have you read about problems finding a bed in these two towns?

Buen Camino!
Tres Cantos is for my liking too hit and miss, and for others also going from forum Mails, pilgrims walking there then going back to madrid, only to travel back the next morning, i checked hostel prices 35€ in Tres Cantos for a single room, in Colmenar around the same, just thought that people might like something cheaper.

camino07

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18
I have booked a room in Hotel VP Jardin,Tres Cantos for April 7th. First long day.

guidance

Camino(s) past & future
Arrive in madrid 25th of April, 2 nights at the Open Hostel, handy for the airport bus,and my first stamp, get the train to Tres Cantos, then start walking to Colmenar where i have booked something private near the church

Advertisment

naturmenneske

naturmenneske
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Madrid mars 2017
Via de la Plata februar 2016
Camino France januar 2015
Camino Portoguese 2012
DFA8C45B-D669-4B87-ADB7-90344749B1FF.jpeg
I stayedhere in Colmar 4. Marx last year. Ok place and 20 € and the rom for my self. I did not find the alberge in Tres Cantos and walked on. IT EAs a long day.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances,2014,
Frances,2015
Madrid,2015
Salvador,2015
Mozarabe,
Sanabres,
Porto,2016
Levante,2017
Make sure you bring enough water, that stretch is long and dry ( Madrid to Colmenar Viejo ), I ran out 3/4 of the way and it was my worst experience ... There is a water fountain in Tres Cantos, just make sure you stop and fill up.

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Here is how we solved the Tres Cantos issue. There was, by the way, a hotel right at the train stop in Tres Cantos, but we didn't sleep there either time. We just began our walking there. In Colmenar, we found the El Gran Hotel Chiscon to be a lovely place to stay. Once you pass this area, the lodging becomes very inexpensive. Annie's Camino Madrid

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(10,11,17), Vasco(12), Salvador(13), Primitivo(13), Norte(14), Madrid (16), Mozarabe (18)
I also walked to Colmenar Viejo the first day and stayed at Hostal Chabeli (20 euros) . This Hostal is right in the center of town near restaurants and grocery store. It is a long day but the track is flat. The Camino does not actually go through Tres Cantos.

If you start early, you can easily walk to Colmenar.

Ultreya,
Joe

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.0%
  • June