• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Madrid

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2015)Primitivo(2015)Norte(2016)Portuguese(2017)
Ingles(2018)
I am seeking advise on the Camino Madrid, including, stages, accommodations, also would it be crowded in mid August? Any information or links to guides would be of help.
Thank ypu
rba

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am seeking advise on the Camino Madrid, including, stages, accommodations, also would it be crowded in mid August? Any information or links to guides would be of help.
Thank ypu
rba
There is lots of information on the forum in the Camino de Madrid section. For recent information on accommodations and facilities available in the towns along the route, consult this thread: Camino de Madrid April 2019 updates . I am planning my Camino de Madrid for this fall and have purchased a Pilgrim Guide to this route from The Confraternity of St James.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi! Nick please can you tell me where is the first mark for camino Madrid. Around catedral? I ask and nobody knows.

Hi! Nick please can you tell me where is the first mark for camino Madrid. Around catedral? I ask and nobody knows.

You will find one by the Iglesia de San Juan Bautista but then nothing until Plaza de Castilla. It's a very nice walk from the church where you can also pick up their special credential. Use the search function as there is much information here on the Forum.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is our website with all information to Camino de Madrid.

Sorry I can’t read Spanish

Hi @rba, the best online resources for the Camino de Madrid are in Spanish. If you use Google Chrome as your browser, it will automatically translate the Ray y Rosa site and Gronze for you.

The CSJ guide has a lot of useful information - I found it very helpful when researching this route. I mostly used Gronze when I was walking as it has regularly updated information on albergues etc.

There are lots of threads here about stages and accommodation. @jungleboy's thread (quoted above) is particularly helpful, but there are many others.

I really enjoyed the Camino de Madrid. It needs minimal planning, as there's plenty of accommodation.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have bussed and trained it back to Madrid a couple of times, having finished or part-finished other caminos. I have observed the terrain north of Madrid through which the CM meanders, and often wondered: 'What is the attraction?' And I am someone who loved the meseta...
The mountains immediately north to the capital look interesting, but thereafter it seems pretty featureless. And not a lot of trees.
Opinions from those who have done it? It may tempt me to try another Spanish pilgrimage one day...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I saw the CdM as being roughly divided, landscape-wise, into three different parts of similar lengths. The first part is going towards and over the mountains, the second part is through a lot of pine forests and the final part is Meseta. But as always, landscape is only one part of a camino. Check out my photos in the link in my signature if you want a better idea of what it’s like.

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.