A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Maps Baiona to Santiago de Compostela

Adrian Smith

Camino(s) past & future
2019 Baiona to Santiago de Compostela
Hi, my wife and I are walking from Baiona to Santiago de Compostela in May. Any suggestions for trail maps?

Thanks

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Frances
(2018) Portuguese
(2019) VdP Seville to Salamanca
(2020) VdP Salamanca to Santiago
Assuming you have a smartphone (iPhone or Android) there are many sources for gps tracks. Here is just one post from the forum:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/gps-in-kmz-and-in-gpx-format-tracks-of-all-portuguese-caminos-in-one-file.503/

There are also apps that you can use to download the maps. I used Geoperegrino, Peregrino Online, Wisely+, and others.

You have to see which one suits your needs and more importantly, the level of technical expertise to access the maps. Some are just a download once button, others have to be refreshed but have better information. I also just saw a post about someone who had put all of the caminos into an online gps set. Not sure if that is overkill or not or how hard it is to subset.

Also, be careful that you clearly understand for any app which require the internet to function and which just require a GPS signal (i.e. you download the maps before you start or at some wifi point and then use them as needed).

MyDestinationGalicia

Mark Auchincloss
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Invierno, June 2017,Portuguese Coastal Way x6
French Way Sarria x 5 ,Silver Way Ourense
Hi try Luis Freixo's Blog www.caminador.es It has maps of all stages in all formats Google Maps, Wikiloc, pdf etc with GPS you can check where you are live on his maps too...

Pilger99

Camino(s) past & future
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
Wikiloc is not a map, but a track sharing site. Before the download you have to register.

Try https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/ as online map and take one of the offline apps for your mobile phone.
Like "waymarked trails" most apps use the data from openstreetmap as source for their offline maps. It's just different views on the same data.

caminador.es is really worth a look, but don't think it's totally acurate (like a swiss map). Main languages for comments are Spanish and Portuguese, but it doesn't really matter if you speak it. The maps speak for themselves.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%