• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Maps Baiona to Santiago de Compostela

Adrian Smith

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 Baiona to Santiago de Compostela
Hi, my wife and I are walking from Baiona to Santiago de Compostela in May. Any suggestions for trail maps?

Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Assuming you have a smartphone (iPhone or Android) there are many sources for gps tracks. Here is just one post from the forum:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ks-of-all-portuguese-caminos-in-one-file.503/

There are also apps that you can use to download the maps. I used Geoperegrino, Peregrino Online, Wisely+, and others.

You have to see which one suits your needs and more importantly, the level of technical expertise to access the maps. Some are just a download once button, others have to be refreshed but have better information. I also just saw a post about someone who had put all of the caminos into an online gps set. Not sure if that is overkill or not or how hard it is to subset.

Also, be careful that you clearly understand for any app which require the internet to function and which just require a GPS signal (i.e. you download the maps before you start or at some wifi point and then use them as needed).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wikiloc is not a map, but a track sharing site. Before the download you have to register.

Try https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/ as online map and take one of the offline apps for your mobile phone.
Like "waymarked trails" most apps use the data from openstreetmap as source for their offline maps. It's just different views on the same data.

caminador.es is really worth a look, but don't think it's totally acurate (like a swiss map). Main languages for comments are Spanish and Portuguese, but it doesn't really matter if you speak it. The maps speak for themselves.

Assuming you have a smartphone (iPhone or Android) there are many sources for gps tracks. Here is just one post from the forum:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ks-of-all-portuguese-caminos-in-one-file.503/

There are also apps that you can use to download the maps. I used Geoperegrino, Peregrino Online, Wisely+, and others.

You have to see which one suits your needs and more importantly, the level of technical expertise to access the maps. Some are just a download once button, others have to be refreshed but have better information. I also just saw a post about someone who had put all of the caminos into an online gps set. Not sure if that is overkill or not or how hard it is to subset.

Also, be careful that you clearly understand for any app which require the internet to function and which just require a GPS signal (i.e. you download the maps before you start or at some wifi point and then use them as needed).
My husband and I are going in May and starting from Baiona, too! We start May 11th but will go slow. Will arrive in SDC on the 18th.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back