• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Marked from Vigo to Redondela?

Brian K

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2015, 2017, 2018 - Portuguese 2022
Hi,
We will be starting our Camino from Vigo and walking to Redondela on the first day. Does anyone have any information on how well the Camino is marked coming out of Vigo. I know from my experience on the Frances that it's quite easy to get lost on your way out of some of the bigger cities and end up walking longer than needed. I looked in the Brierly guide and he does have a map but it's not great. Does anyone have an an alternative map? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Brian

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Attachments

• CA07.RAMALLOSA-REDONDELA-Guiax2.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just a heads up that at about 4 miles out there is a split in the road. You'll see yellow and green wavy lines. That is the Senda del Agua which takes you around the coast rather than over the top. It's the one I took and it was very pleasant forest route.

"Furthermore, it’s a trail with no steep areas, making it ideal for hiking with children in Vigo."

Map and KML route here

Attachments

• Senda del Agua.jpg
    Senda del Agua.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Just a heads up that at about 4 miles out there is a split in the road. You'll see yellow and green wavy lines. That is the Senda del Agua which takes you around the coast rather than over the top. It's the one I took and it was very pleasant forest route.

"Furthermore, it’s a trail with no steep areas, making it ideal for hiking with children in Vigo."

Map and KML route here

Appreciate it. Will definitely consider this option!

Another vote for the senda del agua. Its a lovely flat well marked route and was a relief to find after being fairly lost in Vigo itself.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Map and KML route here

Yes indeed. The green waymarkers.
we did that trail in 2015. I wrote about it on this forum by then.
the hospitaleiro of the albergue in Nigran pointed us to this trail but did not know the name, Senda del Agua .we even hiked the trail which is marked on your added map , the thin dotted line , partly on the sandy beaches. Very nice

Last edited:
Corned Beef or anyone else Is the Senda del Agua longer?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes www.caminador.es has excellent maps of all stages

It's fairly easy to leave Vigo. Head uphill from Calle Urzaiz and you will pick up yellow arrows. Or start from here..

Igrexa Parroquial da Inmaculada Concepción
Ursaiz is one of the two trainstations inVigo and connects Vigo with a.o. Redondela, Pontevedra,Padron and Santiago and even A Coruña and Ferrol

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How far is it from Vigo to Redondela via the Senda del Agua route? Do you then recommend staying in Redondela? How far from Redondela to Pontevedra? Sounds beautiful and I would like to do it if I can manage the distances. Thanks

Just walked out of Vigo last April to Redondela with no difficulty at all. However, cities can be difficult in part because markers are not as readily seen due to all the distractors. Nonetheless, using the mobile app Mapy.cz made navigating the streets of Vigo very easy. As you’ll see in the example below, it’s as easy as just following the blue line out of town. With its gps program, you’ll see your location all the time.

AB3AA6A2-8939-4383-9154-0621703CF8ED.png

Our route from Vigo to Redondela was only about 16 kms. So a pretty easy walking day. Let me recommend staying at the Albergue A Casa da Herba right in the historical center of the city. Although we had a private double room there, pilgrims were not having any difficulty just showing up and getting a bed in the dormitory.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back