• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino May 2014

Time of past OR future Camino
Full CF 2014.
Planning Portuguese for June/July 2016
Start our Ingles on Sept 28th 2017...:-)
Stepping up our 'training' for next year, 12 mile walks most saturday morning with pretend coffee breaks to take the place of the real ones we hope to encouter (I'm running Dublin Marathon in 13 days so should be ok!) Has anyone good advice on the journey from Manchester to SJPP! Thinking Trains to London, swop to Eurostar to Paris, Paris to Bayonne by TGV! Last section. Local or taxi share? We 'think' we have the gear, read the books, seen the film but mainly we have the Love! Want to enjoy 4 weeks of leaving the 21st century behind and being with like minded folks....... Pellegrinos!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I feel the same... Thinking about longer walks, pack and more even though I am still a year away from walking the coastal route from Porto to Santiago. I have nothing to add to search for answers but only want to wish you a great camino, Eric

I feel the same... Thinking about longer walks, pack and more even though I am still a year away from walking the coastal route from Porto to Santiago. I have nothing to add to search for answers but only want to wish you a great camino, Eric

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
. Eric, thanks! Every day my wife and I tick off another 24 hours closer!!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well, we hope to hope to start that very last weekend of April! So well leave good wishes for you along the way!

Stepping up our 'training' for next year, 12 mile walks most saturday morning with pretend coffee breaks to take the place of the real ones we hope to encouter (I'm running Dublin Marathon in 13 days so should be ok!) Has anyone good advice on the journey from Manchester to SJPP! Thinking Trains to London, swop to Eurostar to Paris, Paris to Bayonne by TGV! Last section. Local or taxi share? We 'think' we have the gear, read the books, seen the film but mainly we have the Love! Want to enjoy 4 weeks of leaving the 21st century behind and being with like minded folks....... Pellegrinos!
Hi,
I'm planning on leaving at the end of May - The train would be my favourite option but does eat into time available - there are cheap flights from Manchester to Bilbao so that's a possibility. I also wondered about cheap flights to Dublin then Dublin to Biarritz? Somewhere on the forum are the very helpful responses I got about travel from Manchester but not sure where!!!

We hope to be on our way the last week of April, so we'll leave good wishes all the way!!!!!!! Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,
I'm planning on leaving at the end of May - The train would be my favourite option but does eat into time available - there are cheap flights from Manchester to Bilbao so that's a possibility. I also wondered about cheap flights to Dublin then Dublin to Biarritz? Somewhere on the forum are the very helpful responses I got about travel from Manchester but not sure where!!!

hello cate and andrew,

easyjet and vueling both fly from manchester to bilbao. lowest fare from easyjet dated 29/04/2014 from £30.99. there are 3 flights per week from manchester. other dates - 27/04, £39.99; 22/04, £34.99; 04/05, £38.99; 11/05, £30.99. theae are active prices for now.

vueling on the other hand is much more expensive.

good luck on your planning. buen camino.

hello andrew,

forget about your planning.

flights from manchester airport to bilbao in may 2014. all are active prices for now.

27/05, £45.99; 30/05, £56.99; 01/06, £ 38.99; 03/06, £42.99.

good luck.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I went Vancouver to Heathrow. Then I took a bus to Stansted and flew with RyanAir from there to Biarritz.

Apparently RyanAir flies this route all year. EasyJet flies to Biarritz from (I think) Gatwick during the busier months.

Biarritz Airport (BIQ) is the closest airport to SJPdP. If you plan to start at SJPdP, travel via BIQ is the least complicated way of access.

Catch the #14 bus from Biarritz (Anglet Airport) to Gare Bayonne. The SNCF TER 62 train to SJPdP leaves from Gare Bayonne.

Biarritz Airport (BIQ)
http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/

Airlines flying to BIQ
http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/destination/compagnie.html

Chronoplus, the local bus system.
http://www.chronoplus.eu/

Chronoplus Map
http://www.chronoplus.eu/ftp/Plan_reseau_chronoplus_jan2013.pdf

SNCF (TER)
http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/Aquitaine/fr/Default.aspx

SNCF
http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers

Gare Bayonne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gare_de_Bayonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Expected help and advice, but links and timetables! Wondeful! All will be checked out! I new Biarritz or Bayonne was a better point than Bilbao, but it was how best to get there!

Last week I booked my flight from Washington DC to Paris for May 22, it made all the posts, the books, the hikes all that more real. But today seeing other people who will be with me discussing concrete plans for May actually brought a tear to this old man.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Still have not booked my flight yet but thinking end of May. Still trying to decide if want to go to London or Dublin. Any suggestions? I have been to London before but not Dublin. I have been to Paris many times so not interested in going that route. Thought I might get some sightseeing in since I am trekking so far. I am finding I can stay in Dublin for a week with airfare and car for the same price as just flying to London. Decisions Decisions.

Still have not booked my flight yet but thinking end of May. Still trying to decide if want to go to London or Dublin. Any suggestions? I have been to London before but not Dublin. I have been to Paris many times so not interested in going that route. Thought I might get some sightseeing in since I am trekking so far. I am finding I can stay in Dublin for a week with airfare and car for the same price as just flying to London. Decisions Decisions.

I'd guess the critical factor would be availability of flights to and from start and end points on your camino.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back