• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Camino Mendocino video and links

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
As some of you know, I walked the Camino Mendocino last year. It's a little-known route that starts in Guadalajara and connects with the Camino de Madrid in Manzanares el Real. It was a very special and memorable experience - I wrote about it in a live from the Camino thread.

For anyone who's curious or tempted, this video by Turismo Guadalajara gives a taster of the terrain and the sights along the way.

And if you're tempted to go down that dangerous rabbit hole of Camino planning, this thread will hopefully help to take you there. 😊

Buen Camino! Nuala

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Thanks, Nuala, that video is very nicely done. I think that for those who don't like walking out of a big city, this is the perfect alternative. I have never been to the city of Guadalajara, though I have visited a few of its towns. Seems like walking through the province would get you out of mainstream travelandia.

If I understood correctly that the camino passes through Uceda, that is very close to Patones de Arriba, a favorite weekend lunch destination for people from Madrid. It is a very pretty and well-restored ancient stone village with lots of excellent restaurants, at least if you are a meat-eater. There are a lot of trails in the vicinity, and I have taken several long post-prandial hikes from there, so I may have actually walked on some of the Camino Mendocino!

I know at least one forum member is planning to walk the Mendocino this year, maybe all this publicity will start the snowball rolling. Buen camino, Laurie

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 59 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 206 15.1%
  • May